**A2 Classical Civilisation**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aamna01
oh okay.. was that a synoptic one?

And yes it was, got 38/40

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingFalcon
Hi I'm doing Tiberius and Claudius too!

Really struggling on how to revise for them at the moment, my notes are just quotes without any explanations :/

I've written a few essays but getting slightly worried if I actually know any of the material that I should :/ any tips or help?? :eek::frown: just trying to familiarise myself with the texts as much as possible :confused:

Hi! They're horrible to revise for, aren't they? Only tips I can really give are posters! (I just write things like 'foreign policy' 'domestic policy' etc in the centre and then just list what they did in that area) But I know the feeling! I've wrote a few essays too, but whenever I compare them to the mark scheme, nothing I've wrote about is in there D: it doesn't help that the texts are so difficult to read, does it?

With your quotes, have you memorised sentences or just a few words to slot in the essay?
Reply 82
Original post by hannah_lou
Yeah I got an E the first time then retook it and got an A. Soo hard not to be narrative :/ I see what you mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you resit in January? i just resat it on the 22nd may
well done for getting your A i hope i get an A :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 83
anyone taking the pots and pand module in it... may god help you.
Original post by Aamna01

No resat last year whilst doing 3 other AS's and an A2, technically I'm a resit student :P thanks, there's no reason why you can't, fingers crossed for good exam questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aamna01

And i'm sure you did get that A! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
No resat last year whilst doing 3 other AS's and an A2, technically I'm a resit student :P thanks, there's no reason why you can't, fingers crossed for good exam questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou :smile: they were good questions... the 30 markers was on immortal women so that was a good one :smile:..
Reply 87
And i'm sure you did get that A! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i hope so :smile:
Original post by Aamna01
thankyou :smile: they were good questions... the 30 markers was on immortal women so that was a good one :smile:..

Oh well that's perfect! There's so many people you can talk about, loads to say about Athene haha. Which two books came up for sections A and B? :smile:
For Tiberius and Claudius I've literally just just gone through Tacitus and Suetonius and copied out the chapters. It's dull but it's the first time the information has sunk in. Going to condense it into mind maps and revise from there.
I wish I could be sitting your exams instead of my own :frown:

I just love Ancient History, but my school didn't offer it, and it's not a requirement for the degree I'm hoping to start in the autumn.

I take it you've all been watching 'I Claudius' on one of the BBC channels recently? It seems to be pretty true to the narratives of the ancient sources, AFAICT.
Reply 91
Original post by jrom1
I think that's a very good guess! They haven't asked about black figure for two years so if they do ask about that...it will be amazing!! Theres soo much to talk about with Amasis Painter vs Exekias!

Hi
Would you think this would be the type of question for part B of Section A or a whole essya question in Section B? What would you talk about? I haaate vases!!!
Reply 92
Original post by vanessadixit
Thank you, I've done my ASs this week! Next stop... Art & Arch! Aaah! She said that it's likely they will carry on with comparing groups of themes or artists like they recently did with Pioneers vs. Mannerists. So maybe something like Amasis Painter vs. Exekias or is characterisation better in black or red-figure. That's still so broad and unhelpful though, sorry! :P

For learning the friezes... in how detail are you learning them?
Reply 93
Original post by sylviehelen
I'm doing the Aeneid and Art and Architecture units. Only panicking a little haha.

How is your revision going for the exam?
How do you all find Classics?
I'm doing it at GCSE planning on taking it at A level,
Did y'all do it at GCSE? What did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by Amelie118

Hey, just thought I'd quote you as I'm revising them at the moment!
I'm revising them in quite a lot of detail as they haven't come up yet. In 2010 it was metopes asked I think and then 2011 and 2012 was a pediments question asked. So they really are due a frieze question! Praying they don't ask yet another pediments question.

How much are you revising them? :smile:
Original post by Olympiad
How do you all find Classics?
I'm doing it at GCSE planning on taking it at A level,
Did y'all do it at GCSE? What did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't do it at gcse as we weren't given the choice, however I got an A in AS so I don't feel that it's put me at a disadvantage :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Oh well that's perfect! There's so many people you can talk about, loads to say about Athene haha. Which two books came up for sections A and B? :smile:

haha i know it was really good... hopefully i didn't make the same mistake as last time..... book 9 and book 19.. i answered section B
Original post by Amelie118

In as much detail as I can really - not that I'm actually going to remember it all on the day! So date, temple/location, the figures on them, political significance and all the aesthetic stuff.

I'm so scared that I'll mix them up in the exam. I can never tell between the Siphnian Treasury frieze and the Parthenon frieze... which is disturbing since they're almost a century apart. Oops.
Reply 99
Original post by vanessadixit
In as much detail as I can really - not that I'm actually going to remember it all on the day! So date, temple/location, the figures on them, political significance and all the aesthetic stuff.

I'm so scared that I'll mix them up in the exam. I can never tell between the Siphnian Treasury frieze and the Parthenon frieze... which is disturbing since they're almost a century apart. Oops.

I know how you feel, I always do this with the Parthenon and Siphnian friezes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending