Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Protest against neg reps Watch

ReputationRep:
    lets face it, both the moderation and 'rep' system on this site is a joke. But then thats the way on all internet forums.

ReputationRep:
    lets face it, both the moderation and 'rep' system on this site is a joke. But then thats the way on all internet forums.

ReputationRep:
    Me. I always get begged for giving my own opinion in threads

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    I gave you a little neg -5 for you :ahee:
    TY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future-doc)
    If I want to beat the highest number of neg reps a post ever got, I need to get another 700 on my first post!
    How much neg rep do you have in total now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raiden95)
    I'm sure you negged others because of their opinions too. I don't see how its unfair?
    I only neg when people are vicious and pretend to play keyboard warriors.
    I don't desire to be petty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bahjat93)
    How much neg rep do you have in total now?
    Around -500!!
    But my OP has like 77neg reps!
    the most neg repped post had -767!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future-doc)
    Around -500!!
    But my OP has like 77neg reps!
    the most neg repped post had -767!!
    You lose more than 1 point when you get a neg

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care so much about what a bunch of people you'll never meet or care about think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raiden95)
    You lose more than 1 point when you get a neg
    That depends entirely on the rep power of the person giving rep.

I, for example, would give -9 or +9 for each repped post. You would give -1 or +1. People with red gems give 0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    That depends entirely on the rep power of the person giving rep.

I, for example, would give -9 or +9 for each repped post. You would give -1 or +1. People with red gems give 0.
    Ah okay thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    I think mine's pretty undeserved.
    Yeah I make some controversial posts but they're not any less valuable so just because they're unpopular why should my overall rep look bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed-)
    I think mine's pretty undeserved.
    Yeah I make some controversial posts but they're not any less valuable so just because they're unpopular why should my overall rep look bad...
    The problem we have is that the rep system is incredibly basic. Thumbs up, thumbs down.

I suppose you could expand it to "I agree, I disagree, Troll Post, Offensive Post, Funny, etc..." but making a quick at-a-glance representation of this without expanding the user header for each post would be the tricky part. The only way I can think of that would show these kinds of details is this:

But I don't think it really fits in with the rest of TSR.

Edit: It would be quite interesting to see how each user's chart developed over time though! :yep:

(Original post by jam277)
    Because of her other posts. The fact that she thinks being below oxbridge meant you're nothing. Maybe because your mental state is more important than the degree you're doing. Why be a doctor if you're gonna spend all day overworked and stressed hating your job e.g?
    No I don't. I have never said that. I don't believe that. Academically, you have to admit, it is the best that the UK offers overall.

Sure there are other amazing courses at other universities:

LSE Economics, Durham English, Reading Meteorology and indeed any Medicine/Dentistry/Vet Med course.

Overall academically, it's Oxbridge and I'll be damned if you say anything other than that. YES, there are other great universities and great courses, some can even rival Oxbridge courses e.g. Warwick Maths, but let's be straight, the two best universities in the country are Oxbridge hands-down.

Completely agree. Though honestly, anyone going to uni for the social deserves to be shot. So many better ways of spending circa £30k on social activities! :yep:
    I was disgusted by that OP because the author of that post implied that he couldn't have a social life at Cambridge... That's completely false.

ReputationRep:
    x
    I just think it should be thumbs up / down on each post individually and there not be an overall rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed-)
    I just think it should be thumbs up / down on each post individually and there not be an overall rep
    See, I disagree there. I like running totals. :yep:

Edit: Which as someone who does a lot of database work shouldn't be that surprising! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    It's more likely that your post will just become the most negged of all time.
    No, this belongs to imsoacademic and always shall.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I've never agreed with those who say 'I get negged for stating my opinion!'. I occasionally look at some of the posts that these people make, and find this not to be the case. Often negative reputation is gained for expressing one's opinion in a childish, facetious, incendiary or deliberately controversial way. Similarly, if one is going to state an opinion that is very likely to cause offence, then naturally they can expect people to rate that post negatively, and if you believe that the stating of an obviously unpopular thought is important, then reputation shouldn't be your concern.

I've found on here that one can actually say a lot of unpopular things if you take the time to consider how you are going to say what you want to say as 'what' you want to say.

ReputationRep:
    I got negged for saying that David Tennant and Taylor Swift would make perfect babies on a thread that was about "who do you think is a perfect 10 looks wise"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.