Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Meh I didn't like it so much and I think most found it easy in my school- some smoking, DNA replication and immune system would have suited me more :/ probably high grade boundaries now and I seem to do better at more difficult exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madz2802)
    How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was quite good.

ReputationRep:
    i liked that exam some strange questions but you could work it out if you think

ReputationRep:
    i found it fair not too bad

ReputationRep:
    I also found it was a good paper, think the grade boundaries will be high though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it think he alcohol dehydrogenase question was a little tough and some parts of others can't remember. I am in a big dilemma for this 1 mark question of 'which biological molecule does alcohol dehydrogenase belong to' i said protein am thinking this might be wrong

ReputationRep:
    I said enzymes

ReputationRep:
    oh jeez i might be wrong then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tania2k9)
    it think he alcohol dehydrogenase question was a little tough and some parts of others can't remember. I am in a big dilemma for this 1 mark question of 'which biological molecule does alcohol dehydrogenase belong to' i said protein am thinking this might be wrong
    I think it was supposed to be an enzyme, but enzymes are proteins, so let's hope the mark scheme is generous

ReputationRep:
    It was an easy exam compared to previous years, the questions weren't that hard the centrifuge Q was random but only 1 mark each and lots of easy marks such as draw hydrogen bonds between bases and why werent water bears discovered till 300 years ago....

this does mean high grade boundaries though.....

ReputationRep:
    Its OK only 1 marks. How did you find the one where you had to name the kingdom?

ReputationRep:
    I got really confused on the last question about the 'water bear'. Was that a prokaryote or a protoctist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by na_li)
    I got really confused on the last question about the 'water bear'. Was that a prokaryote or a protoctist?
    I said animalia because it said invertebrates

does anyone know the answer to this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucilleJR)

Google tells me it as animal, thankfully I changed mine from potoctista at the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucilleJR)

Just checked it, you're right, it is animalia.

ReputationRep:
    i said animalia aswell and i hope so na_li

ReputationRep:
    I really HATED that DNA think where you had to draw it, where did everyone draw their lines???

And I also didn't understand what the one about the phagocyte was asking so I literally wrote out the entire immune process lol do you think i can get some marks?

ReputationRep:
    i had to draw 2 hydrogen bonds between a and t and 3 hydrogen bonds between c and g. Also, for the other question you just had to explain the process of phagocytosis ( pathogen engulfed, trapped in phagosome, lysosomes etc), it depends what you have said, give an example if you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tania2k9)
    i had to draw 2 hydrogen bonds between a and t and 3 hydrogen bonds between c and g. Also, for the other question you just had to explain the process of phagocytosis ( pathogen engulfed, trapped in phagosome, lysosomes etc), it depends what you have said, give an example if you can.
    Ah I said that the phagocyte engulfs the pathogen by surrounding it with its cytoplasm and then forms a phagocytic vacuole, then the lysosomes fuse with the phagocytic vacuole and release digestive enzymes to break down the pathogen and present the antigens on the surface of the phagocyte - antigen presentation.

Also yeah i got the hydrogen bonds I meant the test tube thingy where you had to draw the bands :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.