Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of a 15 year old wearing gucci belt which is £215 ? watch

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know the price of it or whether it was fake or real. I probably wouldn't even notice it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    Gucci like with all Saville Row shops are really fussy who they have as recommended sellers, hence why you don't see it in House of Fraser, Debenhams, John Lewis etc.... someone probably told him it cost that otherwise it would probably be a more rounded figure like £200..... When you buy a belt like that, I got one from LV £350 its last me over 2 years for work, makes good standing in an interview. But i made sure to picked a design far less familiar to the fakes you see
    Yeah I have one Gucci belt, I got it at Barneys in NYC when I urgently needed a black belt. It's fairly classic, a bit like this http://ibelts4u.com/images/201301/ne...3ad2aa2083.jpg

I was in doubt as I hardly ever shop anything from Gucci. The logos they've been doing has completely ruined it, to the point where I wouldn't be really proud if someone asked me where I got it. I shop at Net a Porter most of the time and use fairly non-famous brands, IRO, Alexander Wang, Chloé etc.
    I think what the OP actually meant though, was what people would think if they saw someone with something quite expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    Yeah I have one Gucci belt, I got it at Barneys in NYC when I urgently needed a black belt. It's fairly classic, a bit like this http://ibelts4u.com/images/201301/ne...3ad2aa2083.jpg

I was in doubt as I hardly ever shop anything from Gucci. The logos they've been doing has completely ruined it, to the point where I wouldn't be really proud if someone asked me where I got it. I shop at Net a Porter most of the time and use fairly non-famous brands, IRO, Alexander Wang, Chloé etc.
    I think what the OP actually meant though, was what people would think if they saw someone with something quite expensive.
    V.Nice, good to see someone with a connoisseur taste for fine things

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit over the top... £215 would last me for a year at 15, going out every weekend!

But then, any 15 year old who has £215 to spend on a belt, I assume, has access to enough money not to worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    I know many 15 year old football scholars that wear the likes of Gucci and LV, how can people criticise those kids that do wear expensive clothing and accessories, many may have worked and saved for it, many might have gotten it off mummy and daddy, but regardless money comes to those who work hard, if I was a parent who had a lot of money because I worked hard sure I'd buy my kids the best of the best. People who criticise those with money just don't work hard enough themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjpilling)
    I know many 15 year old football scholars that wear the likes of Gucci and LV, how can people criticise those kids that do wear expensive clothing and accessories, many may have worked and saved for it, many might have gotten it off mummy and daddy, but regardless money comes to those who work hard, if I was a parent who had a lot of money because I worked hard sure I'd buy my kids the best of the best. People who criticise those with money just don't work hard enough themselves.
    Tough to digest for some, but true!

ReputationRep:
    I would assume it is none of my business and their/their parents choice on what they choose to spend their money on.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be able to tell that it's a Gucci belt, let alone it's worth of £215. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why everyone's saying that someone wearing an expensive belt is automatically a snob or a chav... They're just richer than you. Deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_0090.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  111.9 KB

Why 15? Why not younger?

ReputationRep:
    go to gucci.com you retard

ReputationRep:
    PPPPPPAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! !

That was the sound of me exhaling in a surprised manner. £215 on a belt?! It's alright for some!

Thinking about it literally the ONLY thing I own that is more expensive than that is my train pass. *goes out to buy a lottery ticket*

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2017
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.