Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Death Penalty Should be brought in and applied to every crime there is. watch

ReputationRep:
    Troll thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    Personally I think we should just get rid of every criminal there is. People talk about human rights etc. however I believe a man who doesn't keep his word is not a man at all. So in that case, they rid themselves of their human rights the day they decided to steal, rape or kill.

Obviously not all thieves will get the death penalty, only second time offenders and even then this is down to the judge. However I would have no sympathy seeing a 20yr old who stole someone's bike for example killed.

As for killing innocent people, obviously the death penalty would only be brought in to people with clear cut evidence against them. For example strong DNA samples, video tape etc. That said, locking someone away for many years for a crime they didn't do is probably a worse scenario in my personal opinion. The thought of being locked away, having your youth taken away, thinking of some other man/woman taking your ex-partner and starting a family, someone else taking your job and just the general feelings of being replaced and forgotten so quickly as you rot away in some cell waiting only on years is to probably worse than death.

Should we bring in the death penalty and extend it to every crime that has a prison time sentence?
    It pains me to see how someone like you would have no remorse in killing people. (Criminals albeit bad are still people)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I'd rather we didn't resort to medieval barbaric practices of countries such as Saudi Arabia.
    It isn't barbaric. It is as barbaric as chemical castration, I think you're being a bit too emotional. The gain is HUGE when you think about it. And it doesn't have to be instant ( in some bad cases it could be, for example, a planned, fully intended bank heist) but instead a series of warnings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syrokal)
    It would be regrettable indeed, no system is perfect.
    Your sick

ReputationRep:
    Quite clearly a troll post but the death penalty is wrong in all circumstances. I don't care what anyone says, killing another human being out of revenge is pure evil.

Some people are stuck in the middle ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas)
    It isn't barbaric. It is as barbaric as chemical castration, I think you're being a bit too emotional. The gain is HUGE when you think about it. And it doesn't have to be instant ( in some bad cases it could be, for example, a planned, fully intended bank heist) but instead a series of warnings.
    It's not an emotional response, cutting hands off as a punishment is barbaric and medieval. It wouldn't work as a deterrent and we'd look like *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloquai)
    One American group estimates that the rate of wrongly convicted prisoners in the US is around 2-5%, which would equal around 40,000-100,000 people.

Under such a system as the one being proposed here, the state would be executing innocent people on a scale that makes Iran and China look like shining examples of human rights.
    If it was about human wrongs record not human rights record, we would not have to complete on this criterion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    Quite clearly a troll post but the death penalty is wrong in all circumstances. I don't care what anyone says, killing another human being out of revenge is pure evil.

Some people are stuck in the middle ages.
    Agree 100%, no matter what the circumstances how can one human being ultimately justify sentencing another to death?

No one who is born healthy has a desire to commit serious crimes.

Time and time again the link between a person's circumstances (poverty, education, treatment from others etc) and crime has been shown, the main example being that criminals are disproportionately from poor and troubled backgrounds.
    Yet instead of addressing these issues that are CAUSING crime so many people get stuck in a vindictive, spiteful mindset and are obsessed with 'tougher sentencing', which is immoral, costly and simply will not reduce crime rates significantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stealing is not the same as murder or rape and what about innocent people who've been charged with a crime and had the "evidence" built up against them
    There are loads of sick idiots out there but a lot of people are accused of things they haven't done :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaS)
    Your sick
    I would disagree entirely.

ReputationRep:
    Because your sick in the head

ReputationRep:
    The death penalty should never ever be brought back. Not for any crime. Even if you kill 100, it is not the job of the state to kill people, nor should the state base its morals on that of a murderer. Southern states in the US and Japan ought to be ashamed of themselves that they display such backward tendencies.

ReputationRep:
    Because your sick in the head
    Yet I have documentation that states I am psychologically sound.
    (I have worked in industries which require common pych evaluations)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Stuff
    Hello, given that you did not reply to my last post , I can only assume you do wish to carry the discussion forward any further!

In which case, it's been wonderful talking to you and I wish you all the best.

Blessings.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, given that you did not reply to my last post , I can only assume you do wish to carry the discussion forward any further!

In which case, it's been wonderful talking to you and I wish you all the best.

Blessings.
    It's fallen by the wayside that's all. I'll reply later if possible.

ReputationRep:
    Cra

ReputationRep:
    Crazy people don't believe they mentally ill.. Poor you

ReputationRep:
    So you'd be executed for watching TV without a TV license?

ReputationRep:
    Crazy people don't believe they mentally ill.. Poor you
    Actually , many do.

Your showing a shocking ignorance of psychological problems and treatment.

Should you really be commenting on this area?

ReputationRep:
    Actually , many do.

Your showing a shocking ignorance of psychological problems and treatment.

Should you really be commenting on this area?
    Im sorry do you own tsr? Do your parents own tsr? I don't think so... Ill post where I want,

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.