Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm beginning to think that it sucks being a guy.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    ....reading the posts on this forum. Does it suck that much being a 18-25 year old guy? Is it fair to say that most women in their youth are happier and less lonely than men in their youth and have access to more support?

Is it still guys who have the better lives or has the decline of masculinity in the media, in industry, in retail, in the classroom, etc contributed to making mens lives more miserable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love being a guy, it's great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunoichi)
    But then they dont get to have boobs in the first place. I wouldnt ever be without my boobs

And im getting the same side effect :mad: i now cant sleep on my front
    Very good point. Boobs are amazing.
    I couldn't sleep on my front anyway, mine are too big.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberwox)
    - Bras. Some women have no trouble with them. For the rest of us - in fact quite a large majority, they are, simply put, abhorrent. You men don't have to have a nasty metal-and-fabric torture device strapped round your chest every day
    I like when Jess on New Girl referred to it as 'boob jail'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    it certainly is hard plenty of the time when you're a guy :sexface:
    hahaha boners!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordVoldemort1)

How has there been a decline in masculinity in the classroom?

Have you seen the statistics of how many men are in teaching?

http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/104...-dominated-gtc

Men only make 12% of the primary school workforce. I doubt there have been significant changes. There are amazing female teachers but the absence of positive male role models in some schools is bad, especially in areas where there are high numbers of single mother families.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Josh93)
    Young guy: Muscle, ridiculously fast metabolism, awesome facial hair, deep voice.

Young woman: Menstrual cramps + vaginal bleeding, seemingly constant concern over calories due to much less rapid metabolism, constant need to shave/wax legs etc.

It's a tough decision but all things considered, I think I'll keep my penis for the time being :rolleyes:
    :laugh: If only. I'm 22 and still can't grow any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    I think it's fair to say that men do tend to be more lonely in their youth not because lack of social competence or lack of friends, but more because at this age, women call the shots when it comes to relationships. It's perfectly acceptable and quite common for 18 year old women to go out with men in their late 20s, for example (less so the other way round) - and women typically go for older guys because of improved appearence with age (and not necessarily maturity - I really don't think there's as much maturity difference between guys and girls of the same age as popular opinion would like to suggest. I speak from personal experience).

For example, I'm 23 and haven't had a girlfriend for 7 years. My ex is married the guy she dumped me for; he's 5 years older than her (which practically makes him a paedophile, so I guess the joke's on him :P). I was her first ever boyfriend; she will probably *never* know what it's like to be rejected. She will never understand how much pain I felt. She's only ever shown interest to guys she likes, and she's always got what she wanted, just because she's female.

Most girls have numerous guys after them at any given time, and whether or not you get the girl you want to go out with is like a job interview. The chance of you getting it is quite low. Rejection after rejection ensues. You have to lower your standards, until it gets to the point that you consider going out with a girl just for the sake of having a relationship, yet not having a low-enough moral conscience to actually do that - hence remaining single. It gets so lonely without a girlfriend. So yes, girls (until their late 20s or so) basically can have a relationship whenever they want one, with (more-or-less) whomever they want. For guys it's the other way around. At least I hope it is.

Incidentally, I reckon this is a major contributing factor to the shorter lifespan of men. More pain and loneliness in early adulthood = more strain on the heart = greater chance of dying young.
    I second this! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy that i'm a man and I wouldn't want to change it.

But both genders each have their own perks and downsides.

ReputationRep:
    LOL it's infinitely easier being a guy.

Guys don't have to wear makeup to look decent
    Guys don't have to care too much about size or fitting of clothes
    Guys don't have to worry about pregnancy
    Guys don't have periods
    Guys statistically achieve more than girls (this is not the same as being more intelligent though)
    Guys age less quickly
    It is mostly guys who rule and shape the world
    Guys don't have to worry about being sexually assaulted or raped
    Guys don't have to worry about being used for sex (this is a good thing for guys)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InternetGangster)
    lame
    That was the point, good sir.

(Original post by Dr Pesto)
    hahaha boners!
    Quite :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    All you did was compare the postives of being a guy to the negatives of being a girl then try to conclude that it's therefore harder being a girl in a sarcastic manner. If you're gonna do that at least try to be more subtle next time.
    Do you honestly think that I meant for that post to be taken seriously or are you just being irritatingly self-righteous for the hell of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    LOL it's infinitely easier being a guy.

Guys don't have to wear makeup to look decent
    Guys don't have to care too much about size or fitting of clothes
    Guys don't have to worry about pregnancy
    Guys don't have periods
    Guys statistically achieve more than girls (this is not the same as being more intelligent though)
    Guys age less quickly
    It is mostly guys who rule and shape the world
    Guys don't have to worry about being used for sex (this is a good thing for guys)
    someone said most guys age like wine and most girls age like milk.

ReputationRep:
    Do you honestly think that I meant for that post to be taken seriously or are you just being irritatingly self-righteous for the hell of it?
    Sarcasm or whatever you were trying to pull off didn't translate well over the internet. I wasn't the only one to take your post seriously, was I?

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel any better I knew that you were being sarcastic :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunoichi)
    The awkward moment when your a girl and you can piss standing up......

(Severe hatred of public toilet seats, many years practice)
    Why is this so hot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    Actually, this one you do. You can be sexually assaulted by anyone or raped by other man, it happens. Sorry.
    You then don't have to worry about being blamed if it does happen.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.