Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paramore<3)
    Anyone get the feeling that it's 'your' subject you ballsed up most? I want to do geography at university but think that my geography exams were my worst ones... :argh:
    Yes :sad: BY5 :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paramore<3)
    Anyone get the feeling that it's 'your' subject you ballsed up most? I want to do geography at university but think that my geography exams were my worst ones... :argh:
    Yep, physics . Unit 1 exam was horrendous. In my defence, it didn't deserve the title of a physics exam. One of the questions was on the social implications of e-books!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    Preparing for the worst (clearing) and hoping for the best (being accepted into firm).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What exactly do you mean by "preparing for clearing"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hate the way our futures are summed up in a series of 1-2 hour exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annemariemoore)
    Same! I think PSYA3 went strangely well, and PSYA4 was a heap better than January. Either that or it was so much of a blur that I only think I've done well. :lol:
    i did a resit of PSYA2 which was actually, i think, more difficult than PSYA4. the only thing that threw me about PSYA4 was that i was expecting just one long answer question, 24 marks or something, and that kind of put me off...

ReputationRep:
    I FEEL SO LOST WITHOUT THE COUNTDOWN, SOMEONE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Psychology A2 on OCR? And also find the applied exam was ridiculously hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squirb)
    I FEEL SO LOST WITHOUT THE COUNTDOWN, SOMEONE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OP said they'll put it up at midnight.

ReputationRep:
    god I'm easily amused by emoticons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirb)
    i feel so lost without the countdown, someone help

posted from tsr mobile
    8 days 0 hours 27 minutes 20 seconds

ReputationRep:
    This is going to make me sound like such an idiot, but the email we get on results day:
    1) Is it just "SOMETHING ON TRACK HAS CHANGED!" or will it actually tell us if we're in or not?
    2) What sort of time do people get it? Does everyone get them sent out at the same time, or is it just as and when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yandlek)
    8 days 0 hours 27 minutes 20 seconds
    **** thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    Oh I see! Now I feel a little bit silly . Sounds like me after my physics exam. Don't know how much you know about physics (probably more than I know about anatomy!), but it was a standing waves question, where we had to times the distance between 'hotspots' by 2, then use the wave equation to find the wavelength. I finished the exam, and afterwards I had this niggling feeling that I'd forgotten something. About a day later I was walking down the street, not even thinking about it, then just realised "I forgot to times by 2!", and facepalmed. Even more annoying because going into the exam I was thinking "got to remember to times by 2!"
    I did physics to AS level and still maintain a nerdy interest. :ahee:

It's the worst feeling as well, because you properly kneeew it as well!

(Original post by awkwardusername)
    This is going to make me sound like such an idiot, but the email we get on results day:
    1) Is it just "SOMETHING ON TRACK HAS CHANGED!" or will it actually tell us if we're in or not?
    2) What sort of time do people get it? Does everyone get them sent out at the same time, or is it just as and when?
    Not a stupid question at all.

Yeah you're totally right, it's just a "TRACK HAS CHANGED. OMGOMGOMG." e-mail. No specifics in it, have to log into Track to see what's going on!
    They get sent out around about the same time, but there are obviously variations, and not everyone's decision will be processed quite yet, for a variety of reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice:))
    Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...

i really don't know how this got negged...it isn't particularly offensive... :confused:
    aww, I almost did this but then I thought "why not just take the risk?".. I didn't want a situation where I got the grades of the uni I didn't ensure.
    On the plus side you are so so safe, and you know where you are going and can enjoy your holiday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    Who did Edexcel A-level Maths this June? If yes, what would you predict you are going to get? Just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did, AA in AS Maths and AS Further Maths you?.

ReputationRep:
    Subbing.

I wondered why the old thread wasn't showing any more posts :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I did, AA in AS Maths and AS Further Maths you?.
    Cool. Did you do c3 and c4? A, I totally envy you right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who did Edexcel A-level Maths this June? If yes, what would you predict you are going to get? Just curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A, I've only done AS though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieW)
    I'm absolutely terrified of results day, I'm more afraid of what my parent's reaction will be more than anything else. My sisters did really well in their A Levels and so there's so much pressure on me to get good AS results. I have stereotypical Asian parents and they expect me to ace it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel you. My parents are saying no pressure but you can tell they really do hope you get all As. My sister got A*AA :/ I can't even get A*!

ReputationRep:
    What exactly do you mean by "preparing for clearing"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess he/she means they're preparing for the prospect of being released into clearing come august 15th

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.