Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Think I saw banned under his name when looking at the last few pages of the Malaysian GP earlier.
    Ah, that's a shame; especially that it's race day tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJam)
    8:00
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lewis Hamilton > Button / Perez... I'm happy .

ReputationRep:
    What time is the race scheduled to finish? 9:30?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YamahaLondon)
    roughly that yeah, maybe later if there are safety car's or rain (the latter is unlikely as I understand it from the weather forecast)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YamahaLondon)
    9:45 ish yea...

Also, the seats will be comfy. I remember when I did kart racing and the seats were a nice fit and it was surprisingly comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Webber's now starting from the pit lane because Red Bull have changed the gearbox, gear ratios, rear suspension, rear wing and clutch.

Should be an interesting Grand Prix today. Seems that tyre degradation on the soft tyres will play a more riskier aspect in the race than usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    9:45 ish yea...

Also, the seats will be comfy. I remember when I did kart racing and the seats were a nice fit and it was surprisingly comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    they probably need to be as the drivers will spend so long in them!

if the soft tyres don't even last 5 laps I hope someone starts a new race where the idiot who made them at Pirrelli can be run over by everyone.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be a great race and it would be really interesting to see what Vettle does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)

if the soft tyres don't even last 5 laps I hope someone starts a new race where the idiot who made them at Pirrelli can be run over by everyone.
    The seats are moulded to the drivers individual butts and we spend a lot of time pre-season making sure that none of the electrical boxes and such around the cockpit impinge on his elbows. Not sure the belts are that comfy because they have to be tight to do their job but I guess without them fastened and with your legs in the cockpit padding its probably quite comfy.

The cockpit without a seat is a nightmare though. The IS supoort guy does the pedals for pit stop peactise and usually ends up bracing himself with his butt in the air to keep it from getting tender!

I sat in Vitaly's seat once. Bags of room in the shoulders but I got a bit wedged in at the hips! Wouldn't want to try Romain's...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)

True, and they're super strong and can lift thr entire driver out thr car in the seat in a bad accident.

To be fair. Pirelli are doing what they were told to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just woke up! C'mon Alonso!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely miss Jake Humphrey- watched the other 2 races this year on Sky as a friend has Sky Go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    The seats are moulded to the drivers individual butts and we spend a lot of time pre-season making sure that none of the electrical boxes and such around the cockpit impinge on his elbows. Not sure the belts are that comfy because they have to be tight to do their job but I guess without them fastened and with your legs in the cockpit padding its probably quite comfy.

The cockpit without a seat is a nightmare though. The IS supoort guy does the pedals for pit stop peactise and usually ends up bracing himself with his butt in the air to keep it from getting tender!

I sat in Vitaly's seat once. Bags of room in the shoulders but I got a bit wedged in at the hips! Wouldn't want to try Romain's...
    I would make an awful F1 driver haha, I am 6'8 and not exactly thin doubt I would even fit in the car :laugh:

(Original post by Motorbiker)
    True, and they're super strong and can lift thr entire driver out thr car in the seat in a bad accident.

To be fair. Pirelli are doing what they were told to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah, the safety aspect and stuff is pretty impressive, amazing with some of the crashes that happen they can get out of the car without looking much affected at all by it!

then we need to get em to run over whoever told em to do it! it's insane that any F1 tyre can not last 5 laps of any race, it's truly shocking at any level of motorsport, yet alone the supposed pinnacle of it!

ReputationRep:
    less than 30 mins to go yaay; I have a feeling that Raikkonen will sneak past Hamilton by the end of the first lap as the former has good starts and tbh this may be the early morning cobwebs but I am struggling to remember when Hamilton made a very good start.... I put Hamilton for the win in my fantasy picks but given his relatively poor record with tyre management I think he might be in trouble..

If the soft tyre is as short living as predicted then I think tyres have actually went over the line and are now heavily detrimental on the entire experience as it kind of devalues qualifying and creates artificial tension...

I really hope karma pays Vettel a visit and Webber finishes ahead of him

ReputationRep:
    Reckon it will be between Kimi and vettel for the win today. Depending on which strategy works.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hamilton made a great start off the line in Malaysia but got cut off by other cars...I don't get the sudden surge of people talking down his starts at all tbh, he's had some bad ones like any top driver but generally he starts pretty well...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Kimi wins for me.

Hamilton second.

Alonso third.

Massa fourth.

Rosberg fifth.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Any idea why Webber is starting from the pit lane?

ReputationRep:
    Go go go!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.