The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Where is this war being fought?

The USA for all its great military power would not be able to occupy and defeat Russia in Russia.
Original post by DaniilKaya
to distract Americans

Do you have any military experience may I ask? Do you know how wars are fought? Do you have any background in either the armed forces or other military aspects?
Reply 83
Stupid debate, not sure why it has gone on for so long. Obviously the US would win.
Original post by the mezzil
Do you have any military experience may I ask? Do you know how wars are fought? Do you have any background in either the armed forces or other military aspects?

I served in Airborne troops VDV for a year
Original post by alexh42
Stupid debate, not sure why it has gone on for so long. Obviously the US would win.

Some people seem to think otherwise, and using the most abstract of ideas to try and prove otherwise.:s-smilie:
>United States
>Strongest nation on Earth for 67 years and counting
>Highest GDP on Earth
>Worth 51% of the global economy
>Largest navy in the world
>Has military bases on 1/3rd of the Earth
>Only country with a functioning railgun
>30 years technologically superior to any other opposing nation's military on Earth
>Only military that has the industrial and technological capacity to mass produce unmanned drones
>Developing a new generation of spaceships
>Only country to have been to the Moon
>Only country with a private sector actively working in space
>Global center of the arts, humanities, education, finance, commerce, business, warfare, technology, industry, culture, politics and communication
>Owns the most cities on the World Cities ranking chart
>Won WWII singlehandedly
>Never lost a war in its 237 year history
>Leader of the free world

Don't like us? No problem.
At the end of the day, you are all American people. You follow our elections. You eat our food. You watch our movies and television shows. You wear our clothes. You copy our vernacular. You access American websites. You copy our Constitution and our laws. You read our books, ponder our art, use our weapons, drive our cars. The global economy is based on the US Dollar. Our military maintains bases on your soil. When our President speaks, you listen.

You are ALL American people.
I served in Airborne troops VDV for a year

You're 17...
Original post by sugar-n-spice
>United States
>Highest GDP on Earth
>30 years technologically superior to any other opposing nation's military on Earth
>Only military that has the industrial and technological capacity to mass produce unmanned drones
>Global center of the arts, humanities, education, finance, commerce, business, warfare, technology, industry, culture, politics and communication
>Won WWII singlehandedly

At the end of the day, you are all American people. You follow our elections. You eat our food. You watch our movies and television shows. You wear our clothes. You copy our vernacular. You access American websites. You copy our Constitution and our laws. You read our books, ponder our art, use our weapons, drive our cars. The global economy is based on the US Dollar. Our military maintains bases on your soil. When our President speaks, you listen.

ahahahahahahahhahahahhaahahah :giggle:
You're 17...

:colondollar:

How about you?Agh? :angry:
(edited 10 years ago)
>United States
>Strongest nation on Earth for 67 years and countingcorrect
>Highest GDP on Earthcorrect
>Worth 51% of the global economywrong, but close
>Largest navy in the worldcorrect
>Has military bases on 1/3rd of the Earthwrong? the Earth is not 1/3 army base
>Only country with a functioning railgunprobably correct, but stupid point
>30 years technologically superior to any other opposing nation's military on Earthwrong
>Only military that has the industrial and technological capacity to mass produce unmanned droneswrong
>Developing a new generation of spaceshipscorrect
>Only country to have been to the Mooncorrect
>Global center of the arts, humanities, education, finance, commerce, business, warfare, technology, industry, culture, politics and communicationwrong
>Owns the most cities on the World Cities ranking chartwhat does this even mean?
>Won WWII singlehandedlywrong
>Never lost a war in its 237 year historywrong
>Leader of the free worldwrong

edited for you
Reply 91
x

Some of that is utter rubbish, you did not win WW2 single-handedly, Russia won it if you want to give the win to one country. Most clothes are produced in China, there were Parliaments way before yours even existed. Asia's car industry is bigger than yours. I could go on frankly and point holes in more of your points.
Reply 92
x

I wouldn't class myself as american thanks though, also the US emerged from British colonies does that make us ALL British?
:colondollar:

How about you?Agh? :angry:

I'd suggest you do some reading on the military, I can assure you Russia would not win.

Kings does a good reading reference list, i'd suggest you start there.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/images/assets/BA%20Reading%20List%20-updated%20April%2030.pdf
Reply 94

Dont eat burgers, sorry fatty. I dont watch The Ellen Show, sorry buddy. Your clothes made in China, sorry bud. Thought the russians made ak47? , sorry bud. Most of the cars are made in china and europe, sorry bud. GET OUT OF HERE.
Reply 95
>United States
>Highest GDP on Earth
>Won WWII singlehandedly

Haha, deluded American's :') Pity, some of your other points are alright.
I'd suggest you do some reading on the military, I can assure you Russia would not win.

Kings does a good reading reference list, i'd suggest you start there.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/images/assets/BA%20Reading%20List%20-updated%20April%2030.pdf

crap , Russia will win
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by Inzamam99
LOL the Indians just about managed to surpass Pakistan in terms of their conventional weaponry recently and in terms of non-conventional they haven't even reached that stage. The Indians purchase a lot of weaponry from the Russians- some of it advanced but a lot of it considered mediocre by the Russians themselves. To say they can take on Russia is absolutely absurd.

Ha, just do a bit of research and you'll see that Pakistan don't even compete with any top 10 military superpowers, whereas statistically India would be around 5th, arguably 4th
edited for you

Hahaha

You actually spent time editing that, thinking it was serious? :rofl:

Original post by HenryD
Haha, deluded American's :') Pity, some of your other points are alright.

I'm not even American. :rofl2:

Original post by ChelseaFCCC
Dont eat burgers, sorry fatty. I dont watch The Ellen Show, sorry buddy. Your clothes made in China, sorry bud. Thought the russians made ak47? , sorry bud. Most of the cars are made in china and europe, sorry bud. GET OUT OF HERE.

I automatically assume that because you support Chelsea, you're an ELD supporting protboy who has the flag of St. George hanging outside his bedroom window.

See stereotypes are fun. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 99
RUSSIA versus USA = TIE.

In a real world, if both of these countries were in a war against each other, the planet would have been blown up before you even blink.