Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Thanks so much!
    That's okay!! I recommend the peppermint one- smells amazing!!

ReputationRep:
    Also try www.soapnuts.co.uk too they have loads! The soap bars can also be used as shampoo bars as well as the shampoo bars they have

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcdermie)
    That's okay!! I recommend the peppermint one- smells amazing!!
    Just used the peppermint one for the first time, my hair feels slightly waxy... I'm hoping this stops within a couple of weeks! But yes, it certainly does smell gorgeous! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ann13)
    Also try www.soapnuts.co.uk too they have loads! The soap bars can also be used as shampoo bars as well as the shampoo bars they have

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've just been looking at their website, looks really good! Which shampoos have you used?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaraBelle)
    I've just been looking at their website, looks really good! Which shampoos have you used?
    They are really good I've only used the Coconutty one so far because I love the smell of coconut but it doesn't really smell of anything! It's really good though. I also have the chamomile body soap bar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just used the peppermint one for the first time, my hair feels slightly waxy... I'm hoping this stops within a couple of weeks! But yes, it certainly does smell gorgeous! x
    yeah mine still feels a bit waxy, been using it for about a month now, not sure how to prevent it?

ReputationRep:
    yeah mine still feels a bit waxy, been using it for about a month now, not sure how to prevent it?
    I've been making extra effort to rinse it properly, and that seems to have helped, but my hair is still pretty dry also. Very odd.

ReputationRep:
    I've been making extra effort to rinse it properly, and that seems to have helped, but my hair is still pretty dry also. Very odd.
    Mine just felt really gross, I've gone back to normal shampoo but tresemme naturals which is silicone free and low sulfates

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine just felt really gross, I've gone back to normal shampoo but tresemme naturals which is silicone free and low sulfates

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah cool. Mine's getting better now actually. At least we've both found something that works; I've managed to have 3 grease free days without washing with anything but water in between the Shampoo Bar use. I also invested in a Tangle Teezer, and it's awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I only got the waxy feeling for about a week.
    Make sure you're using an apple cider vinegar rinse after the shampoo bars to get rid of any soap scum from having hard water. Also try and avoid hair products with silicones. Oh and you might have to shampoo 2/3 times rather than just once.
    The waxy feeling definitely shouldn't be permanent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    I only got the waxy feeling for about a week.
    Make sure you're using an apple cider vinegar rinse after the shampoo bars to get rid of any soap scum from having hard water. Also try and avoid hair products with silicones. Oh and you might have to shampoo 2/3 times rather than just once.
    The waxy feeling definitely shouldn't be permanent
    Cheers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.