ReputationRep:
    Not married and still together

ReputationRep:
    Married, Still together.

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried and split

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maik13)
    they are one example, but if they are committed to each other, then why not get married so people are aware that they are a couple. If it is just a piece of a paper why not just get married if itll make no difference? When they aren't married,most of the time they don't last together due to cheating or so. I dont believe in sex out of marriage, why else has HIV/AIDS increased in the last 40-50 years.
    Sex outside of marriage isn't the cause of an increase of STD transmission, it's unprotected, drunken sex out of a relationship.

And getting married involves a lot of planning, and if you don't see any point in getting married, why go through all that planning for something you don't want? And why do you need to prove anything to anyone? The relationship is for two people, not the whole world.

Marriages don't last either. There's an increase in divorce, so it doesn't really matter if you're married or not, if you're unhappy in the relationship, it's probably going to end. Marriage does not strengthen a relationship.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Married and still together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not married but still together (they are married now though)

ReputationRep:
    I'd have loved to have given a definite answer to this
    It would have been unmarried (engaged) and stayed together from what I can gather.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Married and still together.

Interesting though that in my mum's country (she's Nordic) it's the norm to have kids first then get married later. My uncle there did the opposite and he's divorced!

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried and been together 30 years. Marriage makes no difference.

ReputationRep:
    Married and split. Stayed married for 27 years.

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried and split!

ReputationRep:
    Well my dad had two children after he was married and then divorced, then remarried with my mum, had me 7 years later and are still together. So he goes against your theory a bit lol :P think it's to do with the personalities of people involved though.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried and still togethor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pixie-x)
    Married and still together.

Interesting though that in my mum's country (she's Nordic) it's the norm to have kids first then get married later. My uncle there did the opposite and he's divorced!
    That's actually really interesting to know, do you know any websites that I could research Nordic wedding traditions as when I googled it the best thing I got was Yahoo Answers

ReputationRep:
    My parents weren't ever together.. he did ask her to marry him after she fell with me. She said no and they never did get in a proper relationship. God knows where he is now...

hahaa

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be different and say married and not together, however i do not consider him as my dad anymore, my real dad is who took care of me and watched me grow up, not the guy who cheated on his wife :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.