Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So... Who's getting relegated then? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninuzu)
    There's only one team in Birmingham!

Also, did you hear about Benteke's banter on twitter with a blues?
    You're right, there is only one team in Birmingham, the one with Birmingham in their name haha!

Nah, what happened?

ReputationRep:
    After today I think it is between Villa and Wigan to be the third alongside QPR and Reading, though stranger things have happened.

More concerned about whether or not it is Barnet or Wimbledon alongside Aldershot dropping out of the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longman240)
    You're right, there is only one team in Birmingham, the one with Birmingham in their name haha!

Nah, what happened?
    lol
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...banter-2820296
    I think it was all light-hearted - I heard the "derogatory" message sent by the Birmingham fan was just friendly banter. Nothing malicious.

ReputationRep:
    QPR and reading are confirmed, and I reckon wigan as well

ReputationRep:
    I hope wigan don't go down, martinez is a top bloke and has done wonders there. reading and qpr to relegate each other next week

ReputationRep:
    lol
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...banter-2820296
    I think it was all light-hearted - I heard the "derogatory" message sent by the Birmingham fan was just friendly banter. Nothing malicious.
    Haha, trust Gabby to fill him in, can't stand the guy!

You've got a right prospect in Weimann though, massively jealous there, big talent!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, trust Gabby to fill him in, can't stand the guy!

You've got a right prospect in Weimann though, massively jealous there, big talent!
    Yeah I like Weimann!
    If we get relegated, and if we keep ALL of our players then we would go straight back up. But if we were to go down, Bentekkers would leave and probably Weimann (his agent has already suggested he should be playing for a team like Inter!) amongst others. I like what Lambert's doing, Villa just need to stay up.
    Aston Villa in the Championship just doesn't sound right, but then again, that's what everyone said about Newcastle a few years back...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like Weimann!
    If we get relegated, and if we keep ALL of our players then we would go straight back up. But if we were to go down, Bentekkers would leave and probably Weimann (his agent has already suggested he should be playing for a team like Inter!) amongst others. I like what Lambert's doing, Villa just need to stay up.
    Aston Villa in the Championship just doesn't sound right, but then again, that's what everyone said about Newcastle a few years back...
    The problem is when you drop to the Championship, all your players start to whinge, even the mediocre ones(and we've had a lot of those). I would say that even if you stayed in the PL you'd struggle to keep hold of "Bentekkers" because he's hot property right now, but you'd keep Weimann.

The main problem is that the Championship is a weird league, very topsy-turvy. A team can win 4-0 against Crystal Palace on a Friday and lose 3-2 to BLOODY WOLVES on Monday, so you can't guarantee anything.

Look at Blackburn, one of THE best squads in the league, scrapping for survival, Wolves in the relegation zone, only Bolton have any chance of coming straight back up.

If you do stay up some serious rebuilding is required, there are far too many poor players at Villa right now and you need to ship out the deadwood. Sometimes being relegated can give you a fresh start and you get something like £23m parachute payment this year so teams who go down this season have it good.

There are two reasons I want Villa to go down 1) so I can finally get back at my dad and all my cousins for all their jibes and 2) I miss derbies so much!

ReputationRep:
    The problem is when you drop to the Championship, all your players start to whinge, even the mediocre ones(and we've had a lot of those). I would say that even if you stayed in the PL you'd struggle to keep hold of "Bentekkers" because he's hot property right now, but you'd keep Weimann.

The main problem is that the Championship is a weird league, very topsy-turvy. A team can win 4-0 against Crystal Palace on a Friday and lose 3-2 to BLOODY WOLVES on Monday, so you can't guarantee anything.

Look at Blackburn, one of THE best squads in the league, scrapping for survival, Wolves in the relegation zone, only Bolton have any chance of coming straight back up.

If you do stay up some serious rebuilding is required, there are far too many poor players at Villa right now and you need to ship out the deadwood. Sometimes being relegated can give you a fresh start and you get something like £23m parachute payment this year so teams who go down this season have it good.

There are two reasons I want Villa to go down 1) so I can finally get back at my dad and all my cousins for all their jibes and 2) I miss derbies so much!
    I'd rather you came up then us go down!

Although I doubt we'd be seeing you guys in the premier league for some years

But I completely agree about the championship. It is a far better league than the premiership in my opinion, very unpredictable and you never can guess who will do well each year.

ReputationRep:
    QPR and Reading are gone, and I'm still holding out hope that Stoke will join them.

And agree about the Championship being a funny league, it always seems like the team that tops the Championship does the worst in the Premier League the next year. Look at Reading this season, QPR last, West Brom a while back. Does make for some thrilling football though!

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather you came up then us go down!

Although I doubt we'd be seeing you guys in the premier league for some years

But I completely agree about the championship. It is a far better league than the premiership in my opinion, very unpredictable and you never can guess who will do well each year.
    Haha, don't worry, we'll pass you next year and give you a little wave! :wavey:

In terms of unpredictability, the Championship is a far better league, because it's not as corrupted by money as the PL is, although with all these richmen starting to invest in Championship clubs, it really is only a matter of time.

I mean, Cardiff had always been an up and down team in terms of form and usually made play-offs each year and then failed, yet this year they've stormed it. But teams like Hull and Watford weren't on anyone's promotion bets!

ReputationRep:
    Villa, QPR (Thank ****) and Reading.

ReputationRep:
    Wigan or Stoke to join Reading and QPR down the pan.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, don't worry, we'll pass you next year and give you a little wave! :wavey:

In terms of unpredictability, the Championship is a far better league, because it's not as corrupted by money as the PL is, although with all these richmen starting to invest in Championship clubs, it really is only a matter of time.

I mean, Cardiff had always been an up and down team in terms of form and usually made play-offs each year and then failed, yet this year they've stormed it. But teams like Hull and Watford weren't on anyone's promotion bets!
    Keep telling yourself that

And I'm glad for Cardiff - they've been banging on the door for a while, so it's nice to see them com up.

ReputationRep:
    Keep telling yourself that

And I'm glad for Cardiff - they've been banging on the door for a while, so it's nice to see them com up.
    It's the only way to stay sane to be fair

Yeah, everyone seemed really bitter about Cardiff going up, kept seeing things like "why another Welsh team in the PL, make your own league" and all this crap :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If Aston Villa beat Man Utd at Old Trafford on Monday, then QPR and Reading will be relegated.

ReputationRep:
    Quarry Park Rangers.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    If Aston Villa beat Man Utd at Old Trafford on Monday, then QPR and Reading will be relegated.
    Can't see us getting anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Quarry Park Rangers.
    Quite Pathetic Really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Can't see us getting anything
    1 point would be ****ing huge.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.