Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I live within a perfectly commutable distance. It'd be silly of me to waste money when my parents are fine with me sticking around. Oh, actually, being their youngest girl makes them more 'Yeah, you are going to a local University and will live at home'.

Nerves haven't completely hit me yet. However, knowing me I'll start freaking out once September hits us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraMcivor)
    I'm also studying Criminal Justice at Hamilton this year. Can't wait!
    Great! Should be good fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RPaterson13)
    Hey! I'm starting the social sciences course in September, year 1, and I am moving into the Stories street halls!
    Looking to chat with anyone who sou either of these two things!
    Hi, I'm also doing social scienes at Paisley! Though, I'm just going to commute so I'm nervous about meeting peoplea and making friends. Especially as I'm still 17...

Edit - Spelling.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am going into second year at UWS after a great first year. If I could give you all a bit of advice, it would be; make new friends ASAP, within the first week. I have seen people go through the whole year sitting by themselves and completing group coursework on their own. Make new friends and your time at Uni will be fantastic. Good luck come September guys.

ReputationRep:
    I think we all have to remember that everybody is in the same situation as us. All of us are going to be newbies and you don't need to be anyone but yourself. Don't be worried, Connor. I think we'll all have one kind of common ground aka our course and they'll be people that you have more in common with.

Not to mention people you might get talking to from other courses. Not everyone goes drinking as a bonding/friend making opportunity and you won't be 17 forever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConorWilson)
    Hi, I'm also doing social scienes at Paisley! Though, I'm just going to commute so I'm nervous about meeting peoplea and making friends. Especially as I'm still 17...

Edit - Spelling.
    I wouldn't worry too much about being 17, chances are there will be a lot of people in your situation! You'll meet people on the first day and in each of your classes. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Im just as nervous!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving within the first 2 week of September, I'm in 4B I think! What course are you on?
    Oh I know someone that's in your flat! her name is Alison, and she's lovely!

Yeah I think I'll go up around the 2nd to leave stuff and find out what kind of bedding etc i will need! I am currently on the social science course but hoping to change to HR! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pedmond)
    Great! Should be good fun
    Half fun, half scary! I'm pretty anxious about not meeting any new friends or understanding stuff quickly enough haha. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much about being 17, chances are there will be a lot of people in your situation! You'll meet people on the first day and in each of your classes. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Im just as nervous!!
    Hope so! I'm can't wait until starting anyways! See you there!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else in flat 4BB block 3 storie street?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alison1211)
    Anyone else in flat 4BB block 3 storie street?
    Me!! I'm in your flat, thank god i found someone in the same flat before I moved in

Nice to meet you, I'll private message you in the morning!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank god! Haha ok!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in flat 3L block 1 Storie Street?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ventzovv)
    Hey, @MikFranc, will you be studying Filmmaking&Screenwriting? I'm admitted for 1st year, but I've just seen that I should have no troubles getting directly into the 2nd with my background. I was wondering if I could change my "year" now..
    Hey There I'm not sure whether or not it is to late to switch, it depends on whether or not they are full in the second year, my advice would be to phone up the office and see what they think they could probably help you a lot more than i can hopefully see you soon

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    i'm direct entry for 3rd year of marketing at paisley campus? anyone else in marketing?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody doing Social Sciences been contacted by the University with any information regarding Registration and Enrolment?

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I'm doing the psychology BSC degree this year in the paisley campus is anyone Elle's ?

ReputationRep:
    Starting to get a bit worried. Haven't heard of anyone doing the same course as me at UWS this September. I went to the open day as well and I was the only one there fir my course. Surely there must be other people in it or it would be cancelled, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaterWillow15)
    My place just got confirmed for law and buisness at UWS Paisley. Anyone else studying law and buisness at paisley?
    I just got confirmed yesterday for Law and Business

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Broadcast Production at the Ayr Campus?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.