Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 52807)
    Does anyone know if for criminal damage does 'lawful excuse' apply for aggravated criminal damage, arson & basic or just basic criminal damage

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not a 100% sure but I think that 'lawful excuse' only applies for basic criminal damage because I wrote that as part of an answer we did in class on a problem scenario where a neighbour had to put out a fire whilst the people next door were out and so in trying to do so got one of their neighbours clothes or something which was drying on the washing line to put it out and so they had a "lawful excuse" but the "lawful excuse" will only work and stand if a person is trying to save property and not a person which sounds stupid but that is how it works.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 52807)
    Does anyone know if for criminal damage does 'lawful excuse' apply for aggravated criminal damage, arson & basic or just basic criminal damage

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As far as I have leant lawful excuse applies to basic criminal damage and arson but not to aggravated criminal damage.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any predictions for the synoptic essays?! Can't figure out what topics might come up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djfls)
    does anyone have any predictions for the synoptic essays?! Can't figure out what topics might come up!
    Considering Justice has been on every single paper, I would say its possible to predict it could come up again. Or not.

As for fault or morality, they seem to oscilate, so I would say morality as Fault came up last year. I haven't learned the other areas so haven't really looked at them to see where they fit in.

But there really aren't enough papers or questions to make any sort of prediction.

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher has only told us to learn Law and Morality and Law and Justice, they are the only two we've been taught

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosscmullins)
    Our teacher has only told us to learn Law and Morality and Law and Justice, they are the only two we've been taught
    Wow that is risky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    Wow that is risky!
    Wish I hadn't looked at this thread, i'm worried now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosscmullins)
    Wish I hadn't looked at this thread, i'm worried now
    Ye man TSR does that to you, I'd seriously though revise fault briefly because I think your teacher has been stupid only covering two! Luckily I need a D in this exam to get a B overall which I'm happy with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    Ye man TSR does that to you, I'd seriously though revise fault briefly because I think your teacher has been stupid only covering two! Luckily I need a D in this exam to get a B overall which I'm happy with.
    Your lucky, I need a good D in it to get my C, which is what I need to get 80 points

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me the difference between special and general damages?

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone give me a quick helping hand with the Judicial Creativity essay please?? Not sure how to start it off

ReputationRep:
    hope everyones law 3 went ok today! was just wondering if anyone knew how to work out what i need to get an A overall as i really can't work it out i got a low A last year (literally like 161 ums) does anyone know what grade/percent I need for an A this year? any help would be soooo good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djfls)
    hope everyones law 3 went ok today! was just wondering if anyone knew how to work out what i need to get an A overall as i really can't work it out i got a low A last year (literally like 161 ums) does anyone know what grade/percent I need for an A this year? any help would be soooo good!
    U would need 159 ums for a overall gradeA

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the judicial creativity concepts essay? I'm really stuck on that one :/

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions on what kind of torts may come up for civil law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please explain to me the difference between 'inflicting GBH' and 'Do unlawful harm' as the Actus Reus, under Section 9.1.A for Burglary, and please give an example.

Is it basically a section 20/18 offence and a section 47 offence respectively?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rupesh94)
    Could someone please explain to me the difference between 'inflicting GBH' and 'Do unlawful harm' as the Actus Reus, under Section 9.1.A for Burglary, and please give an example.

Is it basically a section 20/18 offence and a section 47 offence respectively?

'do unlawful harm' is criminal damage, so it would be breaking into a building/ having entered a building as a trespasser and then committing unlawful damage (criminal damage) and 'inflicting GBH' is basically the s20/s18 but you don't need to have studied assaults to write this paper so it would just be inflicting serious injury onto someone after breaking into a building/ or having entered a building as a trespasser.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalouisee_)
    'do unlawful harm' is criminal damage, so it would be breaking into a building/ having entered a building as a trespasser and then committing unlawful damage (criminal damage) and 'inflicting GBH' is basically the s20/s18 but you don't need to have studied assaults to write this paper so it would just be inflicting serious injury onto someone after breaking into a building/ or having entered a building as a trespasser.

Hope this helps.
    Ohhh...so unlawful harm is criminal damage, that's cleared it up!

Thanks a lot! Good luck for the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallifreyan95)
    You're quite right, its impossible only to learn one and hope it comes up. Well, not impossible, just very very risky. Although Justice has been on every single paper in the syllabus....
    So what do you think will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy1995)
    As far as I have leant lawful excuse applies to basic criminal damage and arson but not to aggravated criminal damage.
    Lawful excuse cannot apply to any offence starting with "aggravated"... This is because "aggravated " means where somebody's life is endangered and no once can have a lawful excuse for endangering someones life.
    Hope that helps xxx

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.