Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CunningLearner)
    I'm assuming the majority of people going to Nottingham this year are reliant on student finance. I just had a look over my accommodation agreement and it states that I have to pay a certain amount by the 2nd of September to guarantee my place in halls and I won't be able to afford this without the help of student finance which I won't receive until the week commencing the 22nd of September.

Has anyone contacted nottingham over this? What were their replies?
    If that is going to be an issue for you, you should contact Nottingham and explain your situation and try and sort some sort of payment plan out. They take each case individually and make a decision from there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming the majority of people going to Nottingham this year are reliant on student finance. I just had a look over my accommodation agreement and it states that I have to pay a certain amount by the 2nd of September to guarantee my place in halls and I won't be able to afford this without the help of student finance which I won't receive until the week commencing the 22nd of September.

Has anyone contacted nottingham over this? What were their replies?
    I made an agreement with the accommodation finance team about a month ago about this issue and they promptly got back to me Photocopy your Student Finance England payment timetable and forward it to them as an attachment in an email with the title 'Payment reliant upon loan funding' and briefly explain your situation. They will then analyse your loan and maintenance grant entitlement then send a new convenient plan to you. They did mine so that each installment for the 3 terms is an equal fee and that I don't have to pay until October 1st or something works out much easier now and I am still left with spare cash! After they alter your payment at the bottom of the new plan there's a bit to sign and date if you accept and you can either photocopy it and send it as an attachment or send it to them in the post. Hope that helps dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilypsychology)
    I made an agreement with the accommodation finance team about a month ago about this issue and they promptly got back to me Photocopy your Student Finance England payment timetable and forward it to them as an attachment in an email with the title 'Payment reliant upon loan funding' and briefly explain your situation. They will then analyse your loan and maintenance grant entitlement then send a new convenient plan to you. They did mine so that each installment for the 3 terms is an equal fee and that I don't have to pay until October 1st or something works out much easier now and I am still left with spare cash! After they alter your payment at the bottom of the new plan there's a bit to sign and date if you accept and you can either photocopy it and send it as an attachment or send it to them in the post. Hope that helps dear
    Thanks Emily, they helped me in exactly the same way.

You seem really organised! A trait which I envy but admire greatly :P

On a negative note, it still looks like i'll need a job to fund all my extra-cirricular activities

Have you had any experience with applying for the busaries on offer?, I had a look on the website early at the busary section and the form provided is for 2012/13, which obviously isn't relevant.

It looks like I'll need all the help financially next year I can get!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Emily, they helped me in exactly the same way.

You seem really organised! A trait which I envy but admire greatly :P

On a negative note, it still looks like i'll need a job to fund all my extra-cirricular activities

Have you had any experience with applying for the busaries on offer?, I had a look on the website early at the busary section and the form provided is for 2012/13, which obviously isn't relevant.

It looks like I'll need all the help financially next year I can get!
    No problem! everyone always comments on how organised I am - I am organised to the point where I have even bought my towel, mini kettle, duvet cover, pillow covers and a bed sheet for university haha!

I will need a job too! I am planning on going to the freshers stalls where they have information on jobs and I'll pick one up along the way hopefully.

I haven't applied for any bursaries, I can apply for the university's own bursary but that will be given to people who apply once they have confirmed they have started and that will give me £1000 which I will put away for putting a deposit on accommodation for my second year

You're not alone, my parents say they are happy to help out with costs but I would prefer to get a job to prepare myself for life really, I can't always be having my parents help me and it's time I start fending for myself

ReputationRep:
    No problem! everyone always comments on how organised I am - I am organised to the point where I have even bought my towel, mini kettle, duvet cover, pillow covers and a bed sheet for university haha!

I will need a job too! I am planning on going to the freshers stalls where they have information on jobs and I'll pick one up along the way hopefully.

I haven't applied for any bursaries, I can apply for the university's own bursary but that will be given to people who apply once they have confirmed they have started and that will give me £1000 which I will put away for putting a deposit on accommodation for my second year

You're not alone, my parents say they are happy to help out with costs but I would prefer to get a job to prepare myself for life really, I can't always be having my parents help me and it's time I start fending for myself
    Haha! That is actually pretty cute; I'm guessing everything is colour coordinated too? :P I haven't even starting my pre-university shopping!

Yeah, I'm hoping to do the same thing in regards to jobs. A bartender in the student bar or halls bar would be perfect!

If I'm able to get that bursary it would take a lot of pressure off me. I think I meet all the requirements, but the only problem is you don't receive it till December

Yeah, my parents are the same, I'm rather lucky! But still doesn't mean everything will be paid for, maybe a cheeky £20 throughout the year :P

Another quick question, seeing you're my go to girl for everything relating to Nottingham! Have you applied for the student card yet? Or do we have to wait for an email? I think this is the last thing in terms of pre-administration that I need to tick off my list

ReputationRep:
    Haha! That is actually pretty cute; I'm guessing everything is colour coordinated too? :P I haven't even starting my pre-university shopping!

Yeah, I'm hoping to do the same thing in regards to jobs. A bartender in the student bar or halls bar would be perfect!

If I'm able to get that bursary it would take a lot of pressure off me. I think I meet all the requirements, but the only problem is you don't receive it till December

Yeah, my parents are the same, I'm rather lucky! But still doesn't mean everything will be paid for, maybe a cheeky £20 throughout the year :P

Another quick question, seeing you're my go to girl for everything relating to Nottingham! Have you applied for the student card yet? Or do we have to wait for an email? I think this is the last thing in terms of pre-administration that I need to tick off my list

Omg I just laughed hard at that because everything is actually colour coordinated, going for light pink and cream colours, how embarrassing on my behalf :3 I thought I'd start gradually uni shopping now whilst I have money, I've already been buying silly things like socks, jewellery and odd bits of clothing that I can't wear until university. I better get the grades otherwise I will be annoyed :') I made a list to get things like a new phone with a decent map app on since my spatial ability is not really trained for Nottingham and getting lost is definitely a possibility!

A bar job would be fab, I think I'd be good at something like that as I love talking to different people all the time, especially in L&W since it's 3rd biggest halls and has a mix bar so it's more busy as it's foody too.

I will probably depend on my parents a bit more in second year when I would like to move into student digs and I have a wheat allergy so my food is about triple the amount you would pay for normal food

Aww, I feel privileged I haven't applied for the card, you can only apply when they email you the link with your username and password once you have confirmed your place. It seems like a bit of a carry on uploading photos for the card, best make sure I actually provide a half-decent photo of myself since things like my passport photo does me no justice.

ReputationRep:
    For the purposes of adding me to the list. I'm not sure which Kim of room I have because it was 2 or so months since I got it. I think it's a private shared bathroom but I could be wrong... :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm Katie. I'm going to be in my second year next year studying Mechanical Engineering. At the minute I live in Raleigh Park but I'm moving to Lenton Hall next year. Kind of unfortunate circumstances why I'm back in halls but I'm not complaining, it's still going to be awesome. If you have any questions about Notts in general or any random stuff I'll help as much as I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bozzers)
    Hey, I'm Katie. I'm going to be in my second year next year studying Mechanical Engineering. At the minute I live in Raleigh Park but I'm moving to Lenton Hall next year. Kind of unfortunate circumstances why I'm back in halls but I'm not complaining, it's still going to be awesome. If you have any questions about Notts in general or any random stuff I'll help as much as I can.
    It will be awesome, it's nice to have second years in halls too since they have already got experience of the university and know where the majority of places are

ReputationRep:
    Sup prospective Lentoners. How are the exams going? Treating you all nicely I hope!

ReputationRep:
    Sup prospective Lentoners. How are the exams going? Treating you all nicely I hope!
    My exams don't start until the 5th of June, I have 5 and I am soooo anxious! Also, sad about leaving college next month

ReputationRep:
    My exams don't start until the 5th of June, I have 5 and I am soooo anxious! Also, sad about leaving college next month
    I'm the same, sixth form has been the best two years of my life so far. What will you miss the most?

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, sixth form has been the best two years of my life so far. What will you miss the most?
    Same. I will miss my friends and the lecturers. I made new friends and maintained older friendships. I also build some really good friendships with my lecturers too. How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Got my first one on 6th June. The worst one aswell! I've really enjoyed college, especially this year. I'm going to miss everybody! But looking forward to uni too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    L&W has so many little buildings to it. I did some reading and all those who have en-suites get put into Wortley hall. So everyone who doesn't have an en-suite will be in Lenton I don't even know what buildings are Lenton hall and what buildings are Wortley hall.

Name:  lentonhall.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  28.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    L&W has so many little buildings to it. Is it true the en-suiters get their own building?

Name:  lentonhall.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  28.5 KB
    It's so cute haha! I've heard that too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexlovescandy)
    It's so cute haha! I've heard that too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woops, edited the post before I saw this, but yeah, I've clarified en-suiters get Wortley halls and everyone else gets put into Lenton according to past threads

ReputationRep:
    Woops, edited the post before I saw this, but yeah, I've clarified en-suiters get Wortley halls and everyone else gets put into Lenton according to past threads
    Haha oops! That's cool! Really excited to see what it all looks like and where my room will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexlovescandy)
    Haha oops! That's cool! Really excited to see what it all looks like and where my room will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too, I'm just excited to decorate my room and make it homely. Check out this guys Flickr account, he has pictures of L&W and other parts of University Park, even in the snow. It's all so picturesque.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, I'm just excited to decorate my room and make it homely. Check out this guys Flickr account, he has pictures of L&W and other parts of University Park, even in the snow. It's all so picturesque.
    Thank you! it's so pretty! I know, decorating will be so much fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.