Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The best moments in reading are when you come across something- a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things- that you’d thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you’ve never met, maybe even someone long dead. And it’s as if a hand has come out, and taken yours. —Alan Bennett, The History Boys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbnphlp)
    "Women and children can make mistakes , but not us men"
    Godfather
    That's because we are their mistakes. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I probs have a whole book of quotes :P

But the most recent is:

'At the end of the day,
    all we have is who we are.'

Not sure who said it.

To me, it means that you should always be happy with your own actions and not feel pressured by others to follow what they tell you to (ie: don't let others make your life choices, such as degree, marriage, other choices for you). At the end of the day, it's you who will live with the choices you make.

ReputationRep:
    'Obsessive is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated'

ReputationRep:
    It's actually from a poem:

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night"

-Sarah Williams, in the poem "The Old Astronomer to his pupil".

ReputationRep:
    "No pain - no gain."

"Everything enjoyable in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening"

"Heads I win, tails you lose" :mmm:
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    It's not exactly a live-your-life-by quote, but it's thought-provoking:
    You are not the king of your brain. You are the creepy guy standing next to the throne going, "A most judicious choice, sire". - seen on the Internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faber niger)
    That's because we are their mistakes. :rolleyes:
    How are we the mistakes of our children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbnphlp)
    "Women and children can make mistakes , but not us men"
    Godfather
    And what exactly does it mean- I think you're confusing all of us! :O ;-)

ReputationRep:
    "Try to allocate your panic appropriately..."

One of my favourite lecturers once said this to me, so I live my uni/studying life by it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'having dreams is what makes life tolerable '
    ''if you wanna something,go and get it .''

ReputationRep:
    ''Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, you ain't gonna have a life.''
    It's the best quote i've ever read in my whole life ..

ReputationRep:
    I have a few that I really like, but my two favourites...

"There's no life without humour. It can make the wonderful moments of life truly glorious, and it can make tragic moments bearable." - Rufus Wainwright.

And cheesiest quote in history, but...

“If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” - Winnie the Pooh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ****ing magnets, how do they work?

ReputationRep:
    "Seize the day, or die regretting the time you lost." Seize The Day by Avenged Sevenfold :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KC003)

"There's no life without humour. It can make the wonderful moments of life truly glorious, and it can make tragic moments bearable." - Rufus Wainwright.

“If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.” - Winnie the Pooh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Winnie the Pooh <3 For some reason whenever I hear that quote it makes me a little bit emotional :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    "Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal" - Rebecca Black, Friday.

Because which depraved person does not like CEREAL!?
    So touching that I felt like I was being molested when reading it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    So touching that I
    felt like I was being molested when reading it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KC003)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love both of these, first I've heard of them though. Definitely adding these to my (mental) favourite quotes list!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KC003)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This has to be one of the sweetest quotes ever 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.