Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to win this book as I want to get back into reading again as I recently remembered how much I enjoy reading after stumbling across the host by Stephanie Meyer

ReputationRep:
    This book sounds really interesting, i'd love to win a copy

ReputationRep:
    I hope i'm not too late. Sorry for the capitals i spilled juice on my keyoard. I also can't use the letter that rhymes with see and dee.

ReputationRep:
    i would love a copy! :')

hope i'm not too late

(Original post by me_17)
    i would love a copy! :')

hope i'm not too late
    You're just about in time; I'm setting up the draw now! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely interested!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like the book

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested.
    Sounds like a very good book.

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested, hopefully can find a copy in my local library, if not will try at college.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if I'm too late I'm gonna keep a lookout for this, sounds interesting.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Oo, awesome! I read this book for my Higher English personal study (basically a book we pick and write an essay on as part of coursework) and still have it. Reaaally enjoyed it! Even if it was almost 5 years ago. :erm:

(Original post by kabutsu12)
    I'd like the book

(Original post by mliela)
    I'm interested.
    Sounds like a very good book.

(Original post by beccaxheapes)
    I'm interested, hopefully can find a copy in my local library, if not will try at college.

(Original post by Diiiii)
    I wonder if I'm too late I'm gonna keep a lookout for this, sounds interesting.

Sorry guys, just a little too late. You're all more than welcome to join in the discussion, of course!

I'll be posting the results of the draw shortly. :yy:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Been wanting to read this book for ages. Too late for a free copy now though :emo: :nopity: :ninja:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    When's the draw?

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    When's the draw?
    It's been done, I'm just waiting on approval to post it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Sorry guys, just a little too late. You're all more than welcome to join in the discussion, of course!

I'll be posting the results of the draw shortly. :yy:
    :cry: Just kidding.

I'll see if I can get it soon and join in

ReputationRep:
    It's been done, I'm just waiting on approval to post it.
    Any word on when we'll hear?

ReputationRep:
    i am intrested toooguys

Right guys, I'm really sorry about the delay - my internet connection hasn't been in the best shape recently. So, I did the draw and am delighted to be able to announce the list of people who will be getting free copies of Things Fall Apart this month:

leqe
    Galligantus
    dlaiden
    Eireann95
    Aylish
    just_a_girl_x
    HumanSupremacist
    Victoriapownall
    TheReckless
    me_17

Congratulations guys! You'll now need to provide your postal addresses via PM (I'll send you instructions as I get them).

Commiserations to all those who were hoping for a free copy and didn't get one. :console: However, I really hope all of you are still interested enough to acquire a copy and join in the discussion! Like I said in the OP, Things Fall Apart is a very widely read and popular book, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find it in bookshops or possibly public libraries. It would be great to have a lot of people reading and talking about the book!

Regarding discussion itself, I'll put up a couple of rules when I put up the discussion thread (such as the use of spoilers and such). I've also been thinking it might be good to introduce a very tentative sort of structure for discussion - not a rigid structure or anything, but perhaps a broad topical progression - which might help ease in discussion and make people more confident of what to post. I've got a couple of ideas for this and will look to develop that in the next couple of days/by the weekend, but any ideas would of course be very welcome indeed (or comments about the idea of a structure, etc).

Happy reading everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Right guys, I'm really sorry about the delay - my internet connection hasn't been in the best shape recently. So, I did the draw and am delighted to be able to announce the list of people who will be getting free copies of Things Fall Apart this month:

leqe
    Galligantus
    dlaiden
    Eireann95
    Aylish
    just_a_girl_x
    HumanSupremacist
    Victoriapownall
    TheReckless
    me_17

Congratulations guys! You'll now need to provide your postal addresses via PM (I'll send you instructions as I get them).

Commiserations to all those who were hoping for a free copy and didn't get one. :console: However, I really hope all of you are still interested enough to acquire a copy and join in the discussion! Like I said in the OP, Things Fall Apart is a very widely read and popular book, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find it in bookshops or possibly public libraries. It would be great to have a lot of people reading and talking about the book!

Regarding discussion itself, I'll put up a couple of rules when I put up the discussion thread (such as the use of spoilers and such). I've also been thinking it might be good to introduce a very tentative sort of structure for discussion - not a rigid structure or anything, but perhaps a broad topical progression - which might help ease in discussion and make people more confident of what to post. I've got a couple of ideas for this and will look to develop that in the next couple of days/by the weekend, but any ideas would of course be very welcome indeed (or comments about the idea of a structure, etc).

Happy reading everyone!
    Oh......

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.