Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imafairyprincess)
    just out of interest why none in London?
    I dunno, i guess other unis appealed to me more than the london ones

(Original post by PreppyNinja)

Don't wanna apply anywhere near Birmingham. I want to get out of the city
    I live in Birmingham too lol
    What school/college do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeyP96)
    I dunno, i guess other unis appealed to me more than the london ones

I live in Birmingham too lol
    What school/college do you go to?
    I go to Cadbury college. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PreppyNinja)
    I go to Cadbury college. What about you?
    I go to King Edwards Stourbridge

ReputationRep:
    Do you think getting a B in the fourth AS subject will be a disadvantage? The unis I asked said no, but still..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student 1)
    Do you think getting a B in the fourth AS subject will be a disadvantage? The unis I asked said no, but still..
    Don't really understand the English system, but as long as the other three aren't affected by it and you're still getting the A/A*'s you need I don't see why it would!

ReputationRep:
    Hi peeps, I'm joining the ride
    There are quite a lot of us on the current year 12 - hopeful medics thread if you want to come and say hi

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware it entirely depends on the uni. For instance for Oxbridge it's most likely a no no.
    It's still going to be majorly competitive wherever you apply, I don't want to say you won't be at a disadvantage but it certainly shouldn't phase you from giving it a shot

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I got a C and got an offer from a place wanting a C and one wanting a B (so I'd need to retake it,but I dont think I will be)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Im starting medicine at keele this sept, and hold offers from both keele and liverpool. If anyone wants any advice on the grueling ucas process lol or any other related queries feel free to PM me. Cheers and good luck all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucky20)
    Hey guys. Im starting medicine at keele this sept, and hold offers from both keele and liverpool. If anyone wants any advice on the grueling ucas process lol or any other related queries feel free to PM me. Cheers and good luck all.
    Can I ask you what your stats were?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    Thanks
    classic

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Gcses 2A*2A3B2C. Double A* in science and the A in english lang and lit.
    A levels A*AAa in chemistry biology physics and sociology respectively. Im a mature applicant and took a few years out of education working, which I think meant my rather poor gcses (compared to most aspiring medics) didnt mattet too much.
    Where you thinking of applying then? Or is it too early to have decided:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ergo30)
    classic
    Very true lol a classic question indeed, but I remember asking that same question half a dozen times on here haha.

ReputationRep:
    A levels A*AAa in chemistry biology physics and sociology respectively. Im a mature applicant and took a few years out of education working, which I think meant my rather poor gcses (compared to most aspiring medics) didnt mattet too much.
    Where you thinking of applying then? Or is it too early to have decided:confused:
    Which year did you receive your offer?( as in the year of your entrance?)

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's brilliant! Nice A-level grades
    Well it depends on UKCAT and how my ASs turn out but I really like
    - Cambridge
    - Nottingham
    - Leicester
    - Sheffield
    - Bristol
    Cambridge and Nottingham are my top ones really, and after that it's just in no order but I should be going to leicester soon to suss that one out.
    There's a few others pottering around, like St Andrews but I don't really know too much about it at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's brilliant! Nice A-level grades
    Well it depends on UKCAT and how my ASs turn out but I really like
    - Cambridge
    - Nottingham
    - Leicester
    - Sheffield
    - Bristol
    Cambridge and Nottingham are my top ones really, and after that it's just in no order but I should be going to leicester soon to suss that one out.
    There's a few others pottering around, like St Andrews but I don't really know too much about it at the moment
    Now that you've mentioned Cambridge I've gotta ask- what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ergo30)
    Which year did you receive your offer?( as in the year of your entrance?)
    How do you mean? Im a reapplicant if thats what your asking-my first application truly sucked. But hey im in now lol

ReputationRep:
    Now that you've mentioned Cambridge I've gotta ask- what are your stats?
    lol touche

ReputationRep:
    How do you mean? Im a reapplicant if thats what your asking-my first application truly sucked. But hey im in now lol
    So your first application wasn't a fail because of grades, just your PS? I'm slightly confused.

ReputationRep:
    i really hope my 8A's (history. maths. stats, eng;lish lanaguage, english lit chemistry , health and scoial care and ict) doesn't let me down and my 3b's(spanish, biology and phyiscs. to do medicine :V i'm so worried :C

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.