The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by imafairyprincess

just out of interest why none in London? :wink:

I dunno, i guess other unis appealed to me more than the london ones

Original post by PreppyNinja

Don't wanna apply anywhere near Birmingham. I want to get out of the city :biggrin:

I live in Birmingham too lol
What school/college do you go to?
Original post by MikeyP96
I dunno, i guess other unis appealed to me more than the london ones

I live in Birmingham too lol
What school/college do you go to?

I go to Cadbury college. :biggrin: What about you?
Reply 82
Original post by PreppyNinja
I go to Cadbury college. :biggrin: What about you?

I go to King Edwards Stourbridge :smile:
Reply 83
Do you think getting a B in the fourth AS subject will be a disadvantage? The unis I asked said no, but still..
Original post by Student 1
Do you think getting a B in the fourth AS subject will be a disadvantage? The unis I asked said no, but still..

Don't really understand the English system, but as long as the other three aren't affected by it and you're still getting the A/A*'s you need I don't see why it would!
Reply 85
Hi peeps, I'm joining the ride :smile:
There are quite a lot of us on the current year 12 - hopeful medics thread if you want to come and say hi :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 86

As far as I'm aware it entirely depends on the uni. For instance for Oxbridge it's most likely a no no.
It's still going to be majorly competitive wherever you apply, I don't want to say you won't be at a disadvantage but it certainly shouldn't phase you from giving it a shot :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 87

I got a C and got an offer from a place wanting a C and one wanting a B (so I'd need to retake it,but I dont think I will be)
Hey guys. Im starting medicine at keele this sept, and hold offers from both keele and liverpool. If anyone wants any advice on the grueling ucas process lol or any other related queries feel free to PM me. Cheers and good luck all.
Reply 89
Original post by lucky20
Hey guys. Im starting medicine at keele this sept, and hold offers from both keele and liverpool. If anyone wants any advice on the grueling ucas process lol or any other related queries feel free to PM me. Cheers and good luck all.

Can I ask you what your stats were? :smile:
Thanks
Reply 90
Original post by g.k.galloway
Thanks

classic :biggrin:
Thanks

Gcses 2A*2A3B2C. Double A* in science and the A in english lang and lit.
A levels A*AAa in chemistry biology physics and sociology respectively. Im a mature applicant and took a few years out of education working, which I think meant my rather poor gcses (compared to most aspiring medics) didnt mattet too much.
Where you thinking of applying then? Or is it too early to have decided:confused:
Original post by ergo30
classic :biggrin:

Very true lol a classic question indeed, but I remember asking that same question half a dozen times on here haha.
Reply 93
Original post by lucky20
A levels A*AAa in chemistry biology physics and sociology respectively. Im a mature applicant and took a few years out of education working, which I think meant my rather poor gcses (compared to most aspiring medics) didnt mattet too much.
Where you thinking of applying then? Or is it too early to have decided:confused:

Which year did you receive your offer?( as in the year of your entrance?)
Reply 94
Original post by lucky20

Wow that's brilliant! Nice A-level grades :biggrin:
Well it depends on UKCAT and how my ASs turn out but I really like
- Cambridge
- Nottingham
- Leicester
- Sheffield
- Bristol
Cambridge and Nottingham are my top ones really, and after that it's just in no order but I should be going to leicester soon to suss that one out. :smile:
There's a few others pottering around, like St Andrews but I don't really know too much about it at the moment :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Wow that's brilliant! Nice A-level grades :biggrin:
Well it depends on UKCAT and how my ASs turn out but I really like
- Cambridge
- Nottingham
- Leicester
- Sheffield
- Bristol
Cambridge and Nottingham are my top ones really, and after that it's just in no order but I should be going to leicester soon to suss that one out. :smile:
There's a few others pottering around, like St Andrews but I don't really know too much about it at the moment :smile:

Now that you've mentioned Cambridge I've gotta ask- what are your stats?:biggrin:
Original post by ergo30
Which year did you receive your offer?( as in the year of your entrance?)

How do you mean? Im a reapplicant if thats what your asking-my first application truly sucked. But hey im in now lol
Reply 97
Original post by lucky20
Now that you've mentioned Cambridge I've gotta ask- what are your stats?:biggrin:

lol touche
Reply 98
Original post by lucky20
How do you mean? Im a reapplicant if thats what your asking-my first application truly sucked. But hey im in now lol

So your first application wasn't a fail because of grades, just your PS? I'm slightly confused.
Reply 99
i really hope my 8A's (history. maths. stats, eng;lish lanaguage, english lit chemistry , health and scoial care and ict) doesn't let me down and my 3b's(spanish, biology and phyiscs. to do medicine :V i'm so worried :C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending