The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Last day before my study leave begins. Had a very emotional last period of Geography yesterday, as next year will be the first year I've never ended up getting the teacher I've got. I'm picking it back up for S6 so it's alright. Feeling good for computing on Friday after doing all the past papers, but nervous for chemistry next week. Minor celebration as its my last period of French first :biggrin:
Reply 81
Oh yeah that's me finished too! Art tomorrow though :frown: and three exams next week - yaas ahaha! I've technically one more day of 4th year - 31 May: my last exam is the 30th and fifth year starts 3 June so I need to go in on the Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woo! Study leave! :woo::woo: No school for the next 6 weeks. :banana2:
Original post by CanineVet
Oh yeah that's me finished too! Art tomorrow though :frown: and three exams next week - yaas ahaha! I've technically one more day of 4th year - 31 May: my last exam is the 30th and fifth year starts 3 June so I need to go in on the Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have induction on the 4th of June, the 5th and 6th are days the new p7s visit (have to show them around, the joys of being elected house captain:rolleyes:) and lessons start on the 7th.
Reply 84
Original post by Princepieman
I have induction on the 4th of June, the 5th and 6th are days the new p7s visit (have to show them around, the joys of being elected house captain:rolleyes:) and lessons start on the 7th.

I'm on holiday on the 1 June so I miss a week of school... Ahaha! But we start 5th year that week and induction is some point during it must be the Monday I imagine. I can't remember when the p7s are over its for 3 days anyway, I guided them last year but its a real pain when the classes are divided into 2/3 groups all with different subjects so you have to split up and then make sure you collect the right people at the end of the lesson ahahaha other than that I actually enjoyed it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CanineVet
I'm on holiday on the 1 June so I miss a week of school... Ahaha! But we start 5th year that week and induction is some point during it must be the Monday I imagine. I can't remember when the p7s are over its for 3 days anyway, I guided them last year but its a real pain when the classes are divided into 2/3 groups all with different subjects so you have to split up and then make sure you collect the right people at the end of the lesson ahahaha other than that I actually enjoyed it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

*cough* masochist *cough* You enjoyed it? Interesting. I joke. I'm sure it will be fun. How many did you have to look over?
Reply 86
*cough* masochist *cough* You enjoyed it? Interesting. I joke. I'm sure it will be fun. How many did you have to look over?

Ahahaha excuse me! I retort ahahaha no it was in all seriousness quite fun you get out of classes early so it was fun back then :tongue: well my class that I guided was 20 - 30 pupils changed depending on which subjects but there was someone who came with me until another guide group "could not be bothered" which led me and two other people to manage 60 pupils like a flock of sheep ahahah! I also had a tutor group I guided and it was the same one I'm in W2 for first years obviously ahaha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to everyone doing Computing tommorow ! I don't envy you , I can't imagine how nervous I will be on Monday:dumbells::eek4:
Yay Computing tomorrow! Probably one of the only exams I'm looking forward to sitting :biggrin: Good luck everyone
Reply 89
Good luck guys just done my art today 1 down 7 to go :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last week, I was volunteering at a neuroscience workshop for P7s: led them around; told them about, and showed them, all this cool stuff. It was brilliant. Kids are amazing and a lot of fun at that age. Just be enthusiastic and excited and eccentric. Your good vibes will bounce off of them and it'll be more fun for all of you.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Last week, I was volunteering at a neuroscience workshop for P7s: led them around; told them about, and showed them, all this cool stuff. It was brilliant. Kids are amazing and a lot of fun at that age. Just be enthusiastic and excited and eccentric. Your good vibes will bounce off of them and it'll be more fun for all of you.

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep that in mind (if I don't go insane from these exams first). I had my General and Credit Computing exam 2 hours ago. it was one of those rare occasions where the general test was harder than the credit.
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep that in mind (if I don't go insane from these exams first). I had my General and Credit Computing exam 2 hours ago. it was one of those rare occasions where the general test was harder than the credit.

Every one of my friends and myself also thought the General was harder than the Credit. Odd one...
Original post by jackamakka
Every one of my friends and myself also thought the General was harder than the Credit. Odd one...

Exactly, not to mention revising only credit level concepts worsened the problem.
Reply 94
Has anyone got any tips for Standard Grade English Writing? As most of you will know the exam is on Monday :eek:
I'm pretty chill about Close reading because its not incredibly hard but the Writing I struggle with a lot and is harder to revise. I think I am either doing reflective writing or discursive writing.
Original post by Passwords
Has anyone got any tips for Standard Grade English Writing? As most of you will know the exam is on Monday :eek:
I'm pretty chill about Close reading because its not incredibly hard but the Writing I struggle with a lot and is harder to revise. I think I am either doing reflective writing or discursive writing.

Look at the link I posted on the standard grade english thread, it shows you examples of grade 2s and grade 1s so you can compare the difference.
It helps alot :biggrin:
Original post by Passwords

Never do Discursive. My teacher has always said that because you will have just not researched enough on the random topic to get a 1. I recommend either personal/reflective or imaginative but I find personal/reflective much easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bah, I hate percentages.

Doing a 2009 non-calc past paper and got everything correct except from this one percentage question. Wooh !

Anyway I can't get why my answer is incorrect.

The question is as follows :
This year, Ben paid £260 for his car insurance.
This is an increase of 30% on his last year's payment.
How much did Ben pay last year ?

I've seen the marking scheme and the answer is 200, done by 260/1.3, which is fair enough.

But in my method where have I gone wrong :
260=130%
26=10%
26*3=78=30%
260-78= 100 %
£182

Any ideas ?
Reply 98
Original post by Bromaldehyde
Bah, I hate percentages.

Doing a 2009 non-calc past paper and got everything correct except from this one percentage question. Wooh !

Anyway I can't get why my answer is incorrect.

The question is as follows :
This year, Ben paid £260 for his car insurance.
This is an increase of 30% on his last year's payment.
How much did Ben pay last year ?

I've seen the marking scheme and the answer is 200, done by 260/1.3, which is fair enough.

But in my method where have I gone wrong :
260=130%
26=10%
26*3=78=30%
260-78= 100 %
£182

Any ideas ?

The first bit is right 260=130%
but then 10% does not equal 26 it equals 20 (as you divide 260 by 13 to get the 10%)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh. Woops.