Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am actually considering staying off for the rest of the week to revise due to the fact that I have 5 exams in the space of 1 week We do nothing in class besides talk anyway so I think I may aswell .. Is anyone else planning on doing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I like how in the space of 21 hours you've gone from "not nervous because I'm better at that" to "so nervous ". You've got it covered. Chiiilll.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha thanks man. As you would expect, my emotions are running all over the place right now.

ReputationRep:
    So, seemingly just to mess with me, the teacher decided to make the second insane.

I'm in the top set for maths and in the first prelim many people got 100 % ( not me I got 90 % ) so he still needed to decide who would get the maths prize. So he told us that this was going to be really hard to determine who would get it. It was. So difficult, had many aspects from the higher course.

Anyway not that a big a deal now though as it's made actual past papers much easier, so less nervous about the real exam now, even though I think I failed this

ReputationRep:
    Last day before my study leave begins. Had a very emotional last period of Geography yesterday, as next year will be the first year I've never ended up getting the teacher I've got. I'm picking it back up for S6 so it's alright. Feeling good for computing on Friday after doing all the past papers, but nervous for chemistry next week. Minor celebration as its my last period of French first

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah that's me finished too! Art tomorrow though and three exams next week - yaas ahaha! I've technically one more day of 4th year - 31 May: my last exam is the 30th and fifth year starts 3 June so I need to go in on the Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Woo! Study leave! :woo::woo: No school for the next 6 weeks. :banana2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CanineVet)
    Oh yeah that's me finished too! Art tomorrow though and three exams next week - yaas ahaha! I've technically one more day of 4th year - 31 May: my last exam is the 30th and fifth year starts 3 June so I need to go in on the Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have induction on the 4th of June, the 5th and 6th are days the new p7s visit (have to show them around, the joys of being elected house captain:rolleyes:) and lessons start on the 7th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I have induction on the 4th of June, the 5th and 6th are days the new p7s visit (have to show them around, the joys of being elected house captain:rolleyes:) and lessons start on the 7th.
    I'm on holiday on the 1 June so I miss a week of school... Ahaha! But we start 5th year that week and induction is some point during it must be the Monday I imagine. I can't remember when the p7s are over its for 3 days anyway, I guided them last year but its a real pain when the classes are divided into 2/3 groups all with different subjects so you have to split up and then make sure you collect the right people at the end of the lesson ahahaha other than that I actually enjoyed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CanineVet)
    I'm on holiday on the 1 June so I miss a week of school... Ahaha! But we start 5th year that week and induction is some point during it must be the Monday I imagine. I can't remember when the p7s are over its for 3 days anyway, I guided them last year but its a real pain when the classes are divided into 2/3 groups all with different subjects so you have to split up and then make sure you collect the right people at the end of the lesson ahahaha other than that I actually enjoyed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *cough* masochist *cough* You enjoyed it? Interesting. I joke. I'm sure it will be fun. How many did you have to look over?

ReputationRep:
    *cough* masochist *cough* You enjoyed it? Interesting. I joke. I'm sure it will be fun. How many did you have to look over?
    Ahahaha excuse me! I retort ahahaha no it was in all seriousness quite fun you get out of classes early so it was fun back then well my class that I guided was 20 - 30 pupils changed depending on which subjects but there was someone who came with me until another guide group "could not be bothered" which led me and two other people to manage 60 pupils like a flock of sheep ahahah! I also had a tutor group I guided and it was the same one I'm in W2 for first years obviously ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone doing Computing tommorow ! I don't envy you , I can't imagine how nervous I will be on Monday:dumbells::eek4:

ReputationRep:
    Yay Computing tomorrow! Probably one of the only exams I'm looking forward to sitting Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys just done my art today 1 down 7 to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    Last week, I was volunteering at a neuroscience workshop for P7s: led them around; told them about, and showed them, all this cool stuff. It was brilliant. Kids are amazing and a lot of fun at that age. Just be enthusiastic and excited and eccentric. Your good vibes will bounce off of them and it'll be more fun for all of you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Last week, I was volunteering at a neuroscience workshop for P7s: led them around; told them about, and showed them, all this cool stuff. It was brilliant. Kids are amazing and a lot of fun at that age. Just be enthusiastic and excited and eccentric. Your good vibes will bounce off of them and it'll be more fun for all of you.
    Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep that in mind (if I don't go insane from these exams first). I had my General and Credit Computing exam 2 hours ago. it was one of those rare occasions where the general test was harder than the credit.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely keep that in mind (if I don't go insane from these exams first). I had my General and Credit Computing exam 2 hours ago. it was one of those rare occasions where the general test was harder than the credit.
    Every one of my friends and myself also thought the General was harder than the Credit. Odd one...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jackamakka)
    Every one of my friends and myself also thought the General was harder than the Credit. Odd one...
    Exactly, not to mention revising only credit level concepts worsened the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips for Standard Grade English Writing? As most of you will know the exam is on Monday :eek:
    I'm pretty chill about Close reading because its not incredibly hard but the Writing I struggle with a lot and is harder to revise. I think I am either doing reflective writing or discursive writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Passwords)
    Has anyone got any tips for Standard Grade English Writing? As most of you will know the exam is on Monday :eek:
    I'm pretty chill about Close reading because its not incredibly hard but the Writing I struggle with a lot and is harder to revise. I think I am either doing reflective writing or discursive writing.
    Look at the link I posted on the standard grade english thread, it shows you examples of grade 2s and grade 1s so you can compare the difference.
    It helps alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Passwords)
    Never do Discursive. My teacher has always said that because you will have just not researched enough on the random topic to get a 1. I recommend either personal/reflective or imaginative but I find personal/reflective much easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.