Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You Are To Inherit A £4billion Fortune From A Previously Unknown Relative - What Do.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeropoint)
    Suddenly develop a strong opinion on inheritance tax.
    Ooh, bl00dy 'ell, there is that... 'Tis about 40% of everything over £325,000! Bl00dy HMRC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vian)
    Everyone's invited, of course! No point in a Hogwarts with no one in i...hey, hold on a minute there:

OMGSHOCKARRRGGGHHH YOU CANT STEAL MY CASTLE

You can have Durmstrang.
    :hand:

Now, now, let's all place nice...
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Buy my way into Cambridge. Just joking.

I'd pay off the folks house. Then divide up the money to in my immediate family. And I'd half my share and put half in the bank. I'd go to uni, get a job. And probably use some of the inheritance to help homeless people, or those struggling.

ReputationRep:
    I'd fund my own lab to come up with a cure for cancer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vian)
    Everyone's invited, of course! No point in a Hogwarts with no one in i...hey, hold on a minute there:

OMGSHOCKARRRGGGHHH YOU CANT STEAL MY CASTLE

You can have Durmstrang.
    Woah woah woah... There's only one master of Hogwarts, and he's typing this to you right now sonny jim...

Equally we could just combine our resources to get it done faster and become partners in the 'Hogwarts Project.'

ReputationRep:
    Go to Africa, have a poo, and wipe my bum with a £50 note.

Then get the next flight home

ReputationRep:
    stop donating it all to charities they will just employ more staff to do less of the work and their pay freezes will start to melt very fast.

instead make you own charities and employee the unemployed.

and no stealing my gold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    If they contact you via email from Nigeria and that relative is a prince, decline.
    I feel sorry for the legit ones.

heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baines3)
    Go to Africa, have a poo, and wipe my bum with a £50 note.

Then get the next flight home
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    On a slightly different note, as no one seems to have commented on the actual story, I'm really glad those guys are getting to inherit such a large sum! Having to live in a cave and making pennies off scrap must have been really awful situation. Good to see that their fortunes have been reversed

ReputationRep:
    With that much, you could do so much for charity- I'd keep a little (well, relatively! maybe £1 million) for university for my sister and I, a deposit on a reasonable sized first house, paying off my parent's mortgage etc., then maybe set up some sort of research fund or something with most of it...

ReputationRep:
    Build a fast food resteraunt that serves mac and cheese. Then give some to charity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    Buy my way into Cambridge. Just joking.

I'd pay off the folks house. Then divide up the money to in my immediate family. And I'd half my share and put half in the bank. I'd go to uni, get a job. And probably use some of the inheritance to help homeless people, or those struggling.
    You could establish your own college (or three) at Cambridge and award yourself honorary degrees, maybe even make yourself a permanent student. I'm certain they would be happy with it for that kind of cash.

ReputationRep:
    The things I could do....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    That would be one seriously lucky charity.

Half a billion spent in marginal seats would see off the Tories permanently. Cameron would have to try to get a job in PR again, but I would pay all PR companies not to hire him. He would end up as a hotel porter or something similar.

I would pay to get Kim Kardashian removed from all monthly, weekly and daily publications, plus her various relatives, in perpetuity.

One Direction would be retired and pensioned off and Harry would only have his hair to worry about henceforth.

Benedict Cumberbatch would come back to make another complete Sherlock. I would be the only one who could afford him.

TSR would be decked in pink and lilac.

My own special offshore island, 'FullofSurprisia' (somewhere in the Bahamas) would be declared a 'non tax-haven island', only suitable for those who pay their taxes in full.

I would have a really good massage once a week.

EDIT: Am I being negged because I said TSR would be in pink? I am willing to change that to cerise.
    Dammit, I tried to rep you, but I'm out for the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgeorge)
    Dammit, I tried to rep you, but I'm out for the day
    That's OK! Was it the cerise thing? It's such a nice colour scheme, I wish I had one of those packages that re-colourises your favourite websites, so I could put TSR into a cerise and lilac skin. However, I want to make it compulsory for all users, not just me. It's a generosity thing.

As a free offer for all users, I would also fix the site and make it work properly.

ReputationRep:
    Keep £1 Billion in the bank

Then...

Build a £3 Billion roller coaster that has stops in every city of every country and GO NUTS

ReputationRep:
    I'd give a billion to charity.

I'd give my friends a massive amount of money.

I'd then buy my way into med school somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Failed)
    On a slightly different note, as no one seems to have commented on the actual story, I'm really glad those guys are getting to inherit such a large sum! Having to live in a cave and making pennies off scrap must have been really awful situation. Good to see that their fortunes have been reversed
    Yes, it was delightful to find out their story! To say it is a "rags to riches" story is a great understatement - that's a hell of a lot of cash; not your average millions :lol:

They've experienced the worst of life; now they've been blessed with the chance to experience the high life. Well done to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    I'd give a billion to charity.

I'd give my friends a massive amount of money.

I'd then buy my way into med school somewhere.
    But surely we'd want competent doctors in hospitals? Why would you buy your way in? What if you're actually unsuitable? :hmmm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.