Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    George Baggaley: "Another big game where Ronaldo hasn't turned up."

Not because Ronaldo didn't go missing tonight - he did - but because the myth that Ronaldo doesn't perform in big games needs to be quelled once and for all.

Dizzler: "Real Madrid need to stop trying to walk it In. Shoot on site."

This needs no explanation.
    Watching khedira just striking the ball in a semi decent position where he was not going to score from annoyed me...

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    There's no way back for United from this
    can't lie that is silly.

ReputationRep:
    On the first half of Manchester United v Chelsea: "It's a little bit like kissing your sister". :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    ^I was like WTF when Tyler said that, so left-field. The studio chaps were abit baffled by it aswell.

ReputationRep:
    "Julian Dicks is everywhere. Its like they've got 11 Dicks on the field"
    Metro Radio

''He could have been killed (Van Persie)''
    Alex Ferguson

''We need to think about the two M's, movement and positioning''
    Ron Atkinson

''If that had gone in, it would have been a goal''
    David Coleman :toofunny:

''If we didn't concede, then we would have had a clean sheet''
    Mick McCarthy demonstrating an amazing grasp of mathematics.

''I strongly believe that Spain, Portugual, Germany and the Netherlands will reach the semi-finals of this tournament''
    Mark Lawreson speaking at Euro 2012, showing his broad football knowledge despite the fact that Portugual, Germany and Holland were all drawn in the same group :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like giving Alan Sheaer a slap whenever he opens his mouth. Unbelievable ignorance tbh

ReputationRep:
    I can't really believe that he gave goal of the month to Van Persie over Lowton tbh. Don't get me wrong it was a great goal but Lowton's was almost 35 yards out.

You'd think he was a former Man Utd player the amount of bias he shows towards them on MOTD.

ReputationRep:
    United would have won the title anyway. They won it with games to spare, so the significance of van Persie's goal is, not much really.

Lowton's was the moment our season turned round and the goal came out of nowhere. Last minute winner in a relegation battle. It's the better goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    United would have won the title anyway. They won it with games to spare, so the significance of van Persie's goal is, not much really.

Lowton's was the moment our season turned round and the goal came out of nowhere. Last minute winner in a relegation battle. It's the better goal.
    Even if you take all that out it's the better goal. Unbelievable, but if you aren't Chelsea, Man U, City, Liverpool or Gareth Bale then they don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Row Z)
    This isn't a piece of nonsense. It's not nonsense in any way, it makes perfect sense. Sure, it's stating the obvious, but it's not nonsense.

Besides, there are games where the first goal is much less important than in other games. You're being hypercritical, or just trying to be funny, and it's not working.
    It is nonsense said to fill time. If we're going to allow stating the obvious as not being nonsense, then the commentators might as well just spend 90 minutes commenting on the weather.

Got to say, you come off sounding like a right idiot.

(Original post by almalibre11111)
    COMMON OPINION IN BRITAIN...VAN PERSI IS BETTER THAN IBRAHIMOVIC...:confused:
    He is, why are you confused about that?

ReputationRep:
    Richard Head: 'I'm all dolled up in all my Spurs gear now. I'm ready for the close-up of your humiliation, Mr Wenger.'

ReputationRep:
    'Neymar isnt a bad player but i still think its premature to say he is one of the best players in the world

in england we have Zaha (Man U) and alex oxbald chamberlain (Arsenal) who have equal potential and Danny wellbeck is more proven than neymar. do they get all they hype neymar gets?'

ReputationRep:
    When a blatant block or shirt pull by a defender is passed off as 'using their experience'.

ReputationRep:
    "Suarez easily best player on the pitch. Only 2 of Spain's squad would make Liverpool team, martinez and arbeloa"

I think we have a winner.

ReputationRep:
    Who said that :s

Lawrenson was terrible yesterday.... "Soldado of Atletico Madrid" and "Why is Isco not coming on?" were two particularly bad onrs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave454)
    When a blatant block or shirt pull by a defender is passed off as 'using their experience'.
    Lol this. They always use to say this about Carragher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    'Neymar isnt a bad player but i still think its premature to say he is one of the best players in the world

in england we have Zaha (Man U) and alex oxbald chamberlain (Arsenal) who have equal potential and Danny wellbeck is more proven than neymar. do they get all they hype neymar gets?'
    Lool how can you mention zaha, welbeck and Alex oxlade chainberlain in the same sentence as neymar. You high?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X44)
    Lool how can you mention zaha, welbeck and Alex oxlade chainberlain in the same sentence as neymar. You high?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you understand what this thread actually is?

ReputationRep:
    Probably already been said but:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X44)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've clearly missed the entire point of this thread. Never mind.

ReputationRep:
    "Lambert should start ahead of Rooney for England. Lambert is in the same mould has Shearer but with a better all round game."

BBC need to stop allowing every ignoramus on the street to spout their football-related gibberish online. That's what Twitter is for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.