Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I like to feel squeaky clean and fresh at all times, so I shower every day.

Afro hair becomes ridulously dry and breaks if you wash it every day, so I wash my hair once every week and a half.

And to those who say they don't sweat/smell when they take one or 2 baths/showers a week - you are used to your own smell and probably arent the best judge of whether you smell pongy unless it's really, really over powering. Other people will detect it much easier.
    I know I dont sweat because I get prickly heat. If I showered every day it would make my dry skin worse and would exacerbate the prickly heat. So I just shower every two to three days
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Probably because you wash it too often.

It depends if I run, in which case I will shower.
    Too late to do anything about it though. I can't train it back without letting it look disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Everyday, could go to 2-3 depends if I go to the gym or not.

I can't start a day without a shower because when i wake up my hair is seriously clogged together and greasy

ReputationRep:
    A body shower every morning, and a normal full shower every two days. A bubble bath once a month

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I shower once a day before bed and wash my hair 2/3 times a week.

ReputationRep:
    When we're talking about washing your hair everyday is bad, is that even with water? or just shampoo and conditioner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazinq)
    When we're talking about washing your hair everyday is bad, is that even with water? or just shampoo and conditioner.
    Shampoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    I know I dont sweat because I get prickly heat. If I showered every day it would make my dry skin worse and would exacerbate the prickly heat. So I just shower every two to three days
    Everyone sweats a little bit during the day. It's an ongoing process. Just because it's not a full on sweat making your skin really wet doesnt mean that there's nothing at all.

ReputationRep:
    The people on here who get a shower 3 times a week probably stink without realising it. Nothing worse than sitting next to a smelly ******* eating your dinner.

ReputationRep:
    Once a day, if I'm working, it'll be twice.
    In the summer, when it's really warm, twice a day.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have a shower 5 times per week, as I train 5 times in a week. I guess 2-3 times per week is normal, if you are not sporty. I would advice a sportsman who trains everyday to take a shower everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L_Vieru)
    I have a full body shower or bath once or twice a week if I haven't been doing any physical exercise or physical work . This is because I hardly ever sweat unless I exercise (in which case I certainly take a shower afterwards). Because I exercise regularly now, I shower much more often, but if not, I keep it at once or twice a week. I don't smell nor do I have awful skin.

I guess it's in our culture to shower every day so we don't get judged as being dirty, but there's nothing wrong with not showering for a few days unless you intimately come into contact with crap on a daily basis. It's overkill, unesscessary and it does more harm than good.
    On a serious note, do you have some sort of medical disease which prevents you from sweating? Humans are constantly sweating (perspirating) throughout the day, it's the body's way of cooling you down when you're hot and to get rid of toxins such as urea, chloride and lactic acid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Everyone sweats a little bit during the day. It's an ongoing process. Just because it's not a full on sweat making your skin really wet doesnt mean that there's nothing at all.
    Do you know what prickly skin is? My sweat ducts are blocked so no sweat comes out

ReputationRep:
    I have a quick wash with a flannel just under my arms etc before I go out each day, but I only shower when my hair needs washing (roughly every 4-5 days) and I'm going out somewhere that isn't just nipping to the shop. I occassionally have a bath but this is more to relax than wash when I have a stomach ache or something.

I honestly couldn't shower every day, it's hard enough getting up in the morning as it is without having to get up earlier to allow myself time to shower and dry my hair. Plus it'd be a waste of hot water.

ReputationRep:
    I shower daily. Feel a bit gross if I don't tbh, plus my hair needs washing everyday anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaknows)
    Fun fact: washing your hair daily can cause damage.
    Not if your hair 'needs' washing daily :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I used to shower twice a week but now shower every day, except the occasional Saturday/Sunday. :sadnod:

I was fine before but then started on every day after one particularly long heat wave 2 years ago and haven't been able to revert back! Every time I try I just end up having really itchy hair and feel 'dirty'. Even though I know it's mostly psychological, I just find it really off putting when I go to school all itchy and the like.

ReputationRep:
    I have a shower every other day, unless I've done a lot of exercise/sweat a lot on that day.

ReputationRep:
    I shower every other day as a general rule, there have been the odd occasions where I've skipped two days or even showered twice in one day, but it probably averages out. Showering every day seems excessive to me unless you exercise frequently, and I prefer to shower in the morning and to be honest I'm not sure if I can be bothered to get up early enough to have a shower every day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly once a day unless I've been swimming or its a hot day then twice. If I'm going on a night out I'd have a shower before getting ready.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.