Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DnylX3)
    Is it possible to do it by tommorow, it is friday after all.
    It's possible but it would take a lot of work to get LDing down in a day. However you don't know if you don't try! Good luck!

Also, ignore the post you commented on by annonymouse1. That's one instance and one opinion, nobody else in here has had that kind of experience :P Give it a go, you wont regret it
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by djpatch)
    Also, ignore the post you commented on by annonymouse1. That's one instance and one opinion, nobody else in here has had that kind of experience :P Give it a go, you wont regret it
    Seconded
    I don't remember any dreams from last night are you having any success so soon after exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaug123)
    Seconded
    I don't remember any dreams from last night are you having any success so soon after exams?
    So soon after? Not a single thing Haven't you had a few successes on previous nights though? :P

ReputationRep:
    Seconded
    If you're having trouble remembering dreams, go to bed earlier. On nights where I go to bed at 10pm or even 9:30, I can remember maybe 3 - 4 dreams a night without even using a dream journal. On nights that I go to bed at 12 or later, I remember absolutely nothing.

Also, you must go to sleep with the intent of remembering your dreams/being aware, that increases your chances of the odd DILD.

Alternatively, you can screw it all and try a WILD instead. If you can pull one off successfully, it's an amazingly surreal experience.

I'm going to have to wait until after the exam period before I get into Lucid Dreaming again, and that only ends around July for me :[
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Another)
    If you're having trouble remembering dreams, go to bed earlier. On nights where I go to bed at 10pm or even 9:30, I can remember maybe 3 - 4 dreams a night without even using a dream journal. On nights that I go to bed at 12 or later, I remember absolutely nothing.
    Ah, that might correlate with my experience, actually - I hadn't considered sleep-start-time!

So soon after? Not a single thing Haven't you had a few successes on previous nights though? :P
    Yep, but they felt like flukes :P

(Original post by DnylX3)
    And how do I get a LD? What do I do?
    Wear a nicotine patch before you go to bed- it will induce crazy lucid dreams.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that might correlate with my experience, actually - I hadn't considered sleep-start-time!

Yep, but they felt like flukes :P
    Ah dear. Another thing to consider with dream recall is to not look at a screen at least an hour before bed. Usually helps the brain shut down and bring back recall faster

(Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    Wear a nicotine patch before you go to bed- it will induce crazy lucid dreams.
    That's not one I've heard before, and it's not one I'd expect either. Maybe I'll try this at some stage when I have my hands on some. :P

ReputationRep:
    Gosh,Ive had a look at some of these posts now and it appears that some of you have some insight into dream control techniques!!

This is fantastic news for me!

For the last 6 years Ive been actively trying to dream that Im Scarlett Johanssons masseur.

Ive tried falling asleep to Lost in Translation sooo many times...but the only result Ive had was once when I dreamt I was a Ghostbuster.

Not only was there no Scarlett but also no Sigourney.

AND it was,if truth be told,quite scary to boot.

On the plus(?) side Ive developed a liking for The Jesus and Mary Chain.

I had given up all hope of dreaming about Scarlett Johannsson but will now read these posts with great interest.

Keep up the good work!

ReputationRep:
    Omg! Last night, I was in my dream...

Basically, I closed my eyes, and I could change what I was wearing

The people in my dream were quite impressed, they said a colour, and I'd change them into that colour :mmm:

That's not one I've heard before, and it's not one I'd expect either. Maybe I'll try this at some stage when I have my hands on some. :P
    I am not 100% sure of the the neurological reason for it happens but I presume the steady supply of nicotine from a patch keeps your brain ticking over more than normal.

Trust me, they give you the most crazy, vivid and lucid dreams.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)

The people in my dream were quite impressed, they said a colour, and I'd change them into that colour :mmm:
    Well done my only dream that I remember last night was that my teeth were moving around and breaking… (apparently that's a pretty common dream to have.)

ReputationRep:
    Well done my only dream that I remember last night was that my teeth were moving around and breaking… (apparently that's a pretty common dream to have.)
    That's my worst nightmare... Teeth falling out :zomg: and things like giant spots or something :cry2:

I remember all my dreams sometimes for the worse...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Gosh,Ive had a look at some of these posts now and it appears that some of you have some insight into dream control techniques!!

This is fantastic news for me!

For the last 6 years Ive been actively trying to dream that Im Scarlett Johanssons masseur.

Ive tried falling asleep to Lost in Translation sooo many times...but the only result Ive had was once when I dreamt I was a Ghostbuster.

Not only was there no Scarlett but also no Sigourney.

AND it was,if truth be told,quite scary to boot.

On the plus(?) side Ive developed a liking for The Jesus and Mary Chain.

I had given up all hope of dreaming about Scarlett Johannsson but will now read these posts with great interest.

Keep up the good work!
    Keep trying! You'll get there, if you need any further tips on dream control I'm sure we'd be happy to put forward more suggestions

That's hilarious :') Love dream characters responses to things! Were you lucid? :P

(Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    I am not 100% sure of the the neurological reason for it happens but I presume the steady supply of nicotine from a patch keeps your brain ticking over more than normal.

Trust me, they give you the most crazy, vivid and lucid dreams.
    That's really awesome!

That's my worst nightmare... Teeth falling out :zomg: and things like giant spots or something :cry2:

I remember all my dreams sometimes for the worse...
    I agree, although coincidentally my dream last night was about having a black spot on my eye which made the things I use go out of control O.o

On another note the sub-forum might not happen for a while. Here's the response I got from the moderator. <Link>

ReputationRep:
    Woo, dreams are coming back! Remembered one from the other night where a structure was being magically built from rainbow coloured drinks cans O.o Weird.

ReputationRep:
    Had one last night! I could control what people do. I almost snapped someone's back, but felt bad so I just made them leave my dream (the building)

Quite fun though the other stuff...

ReputationRep:
    When I lucid dream I can't enjoy them because I'm too worried about thinking I will wake up which makes me wake up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    When I lucid dream I can't enjoy them because I'm too worried about thinking I will wake up which makes me wake up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm I suppose the only advice I can give is to train yourself not to think about it. Focus on the dream at hand so to speak

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a lucid dream...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    I've never had a lucid dream...
    Never to late to have one! How are you trying to get one?

ReputationRep:
    try lsd instead

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.