Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyinBallsack)
    rosicky will be evertons 12th man if he starts. every time i see the guy play he's just constantly passing the ball to the other team

**** ramsey i'll kill him. he's just a **** james milner
    No james milner has 0 technical ability, ramsey has a decent amount but hes just a nutcase. Did you not see rosicky against westbrom hes the one reason we won the match. I dont know whether to take you serious or not.

ReputationRep:
    I find it slightly odd that so many on this thread are happy with Arteta in the team, but virtually everyone seems to want to chuck out Giroud.

Personally I watch every Arsenal game in full (got subscription) and I really like Giroud as a player. I think the holding on to the three points at West Brom was really facilitated by that out ball. He's very, very good at linking play. Do I think he's the answer to all our problems? No. I'd like to see him score more goals, but he's scoring a decent amount and, significantly, is improving. What would be great would be a bit of depth. Man Utd have Rooney, VP, Hernandez; City have Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez; Chelsea have Ba and Torres... you know, we're just a bit short there. Giroud or Theo isn't quite enough, in my opinion. My point being that we need to supplement rather than replace.

However if I was in charge, Arteta is leaving the team. He's getting on a bit, doesn't have a massive amount of pace and, crucially for me, his invention and passing ability in that position are not so remarkable as to make up for his lack of physicality. Really, with Cazorla and Wilshere in the team, Arsenal aren't struggling to create. We need a guy in the middle who breaks up play, ****s up anyone in the opposition hole, and passes sideways to someone more talented (as Mikel does for Chelsea, for example). I thought Ramsey might be able to adapt to that position, but he seems to be struggling.

Jovetic is a brilliant player. I want him at Arsenal. I'd personally break the bank for Lewandowski. If there was any way of getting him to come, Mario Gotze too. (I'm quite a big Dortmund fan too, though). I think our problems are centred in the midfield at times. Yes, the defensive line could look better at points, but sometimes I feel that idiocy from the midfield in terms of their openness exposes the defence and makes them look worse.

I guess most of us are just of the opinion that some cash best be splashed, anyway... oh yeah - and zonal marking better be "something we tried but thought better of" by next season.

I've been nervous about this Everton game all night. Must win. Keep the faith. Incidentally, I'd play Rosicky if he's fit instead of Wilshere (something like this

Fabianski

Sagna Vermaelen Kosc Monreal

Arteta Rosicky

Gervinho Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

(I personally hate Gervinho but if he's on a run where his ******* leg movement somehow accidentally creates goals and assists, as it does at the moment, then I think his form merits a look in)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)
    I find it slightly odd that so many on this thread are happy with Arteta in the team, but virtually everyone seems to want to chuck out Giroud.

Personally I watch every Arsenal game in full (got subscription) and I really like Giroud as a player. I think the holding on to the three points at West Brom was really facilitated by that out ball. He's very, very good at linking play. Do I think he's the answer to all our problems? No. I'd like to see him score more goals, but he's scoring a decent amount and, significantly, is improving. What would be great would be a bit of depth. Man Utd have Rooney, VP, Hernandez; City have Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez; Chelsea have Ba and Torres... you know, we're just a bit short there. Giroud or Theo isn't quite enough, in my opinion. My point being that we need to supplement rather than replace.

However if I was in charge, Arteta is leaving the team. He's getting on a bit, doesn't have a massive amount of pace and, crucially for me, his invention and passing ability in that position are not so remarkable as to make up for his lack of physicality. Really, with Cazorla and Wilshere in the team, Arsenal aren't struggling to create. We need a guy in the middle who breaks up play, ****s up anyone in the opposition hole, and passes sideways to someone more talented (as Mikel does for Chelsea, for example). I thought Ramsey might be able to adapt to that position, but he seems to be struggling.

Jovetic is a brilliant player. I want him at Arsenal. I'd personally break the bank for Lewandowski. If there was any way of getting him to come, Mario Gotze too. (I'm quite a big Dortmund fan too, though). I think our problems are centred in the midfield at times. Yes, the defensive line could look better at points, but sometimes I feel that idiocy from the midfield in terms of their openness exposes the defence and makes them look worse.

I guess most of us are just of the opinion that some cash best be splashed, anyway... oh yeah - and zonal marking better be "something we tried but thought better of" by next season.

I've been nervous about this Everton game all night. Must win. Keep the faith. Incidentally, I'd play Rosicky if he's fit instead of Wilshere (something like this

Fabianski

Sagna Vermaelen Kosc Monreal

Arteta Rosicky

Gervinho Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

(I personally hate Gervinho but if he's on a run where his ******* leg movement somehow accidentally creates goals and assists, as it does at the moment, then I think his form merits a look in)
    We gotta get rid of dead wood like squilacci and santos, but Ill be honest I do think we need to improve the quality of player we are purchasing, giroud ok hes good but hes not great. No point adding to the squad if your not buying players to improve it, we gotta start buying great players instead of good players. Lewandowski will never happen because when he compares our offer to offers from other clubs its just not gonna happen, 1. hate to say it but the club is not the most attractive club in terms of history/current squad/potential of winning the CL, 2. no way will we offer the same wages as a club like bayern, chelsea or united same goes for goetze. Im not a fan of walott, hes a decent player but will never reach the potential he he had at 18 (bit like ramsey) and I think there are far better players we can buy in the center forward position than him so I cant see a place for him at the club in the future if he is not on the wing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    We gotta get rid of dead wood like squilacci and santos, but Ill be honest I do think we need to improve the quality of player we are purchasing, giroud ok hes good but hes not great. No point adding to the squad if your not buying players to improve it, we gotta start buying great players instead of good players. Lewandowski will never happen because when he compares our offer to offers from other clubs its just not gonna happen, 1. hate to say it but the club is not the most attractive club in terms of history/current squad/potential of winning the CL, 2. no way will we offer the same wages as a club like bayern, chelsea or united same goes for goetze.
    Yeah I think everyone would agree that Squillaci, Santos et al. need to go. Arshavin will join them.

I also worry about our ability to attract Lew, Goetze etc. but I've got to have some cautious optimism. We're still a Champion's League team,and securing that for next season will make a big difference to who we can attract in the summer. Arsene Wenger is still a massively respected coach, and the potential of the team is still there.

What's important too is that this summer, our star players (in my opinion Wilshere and to a lesser extent Walcott) are not leaving. We don't have the Nasri/Fabregas/Van Persie situation. This means it's ultimately going to be easier to improve the team as we're not replacing our best players but rather adding to them.

Trying to remain optimistic here.. Yeah, there is a lot of doom and gloom but hey... imagine being a Spurs fan just now. They have repeatedly splashed the cash in a huge way and can't get in to the top four. And they have what we're used to - the very present thread of their star, star player leaving in the summer. No Bale, no Tottenham. Things could be worse for us (contrary to what AVB mouthed off about a month ago).

ReputationRep:
    Subbed. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Must win today!!!

Team I want to see:

Szczesny
    Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
    Arteta Ramsey
    Walcott Rosicky Cazorla
    Giroud

Apparently fabianski is injured and would rather have szczesny than mannone. Sagna - although i believe jenkinson is better, sagna seems to be coming back (his cross actually nearly led to a goal!) Also think mertesacker warrants his place back in the team - vermaelen did ok but i would rather have mertesacker back. Koscielny - nothing to say. Monreal is better than gibbs - end of (although attacking wise gibbs is better). Arteta and ramsey suit each other better than wilshere and arteta (plus ramsey has been great these past few matches and wilshere has just come back from injury - I wonder how a ramsey and wilshere partnership would be? - although do not want to try it now! - or next season as hopefully we'll get a defensive midfielder). And arteta is our leader. Rosicky, i think, is back, and his good form, as well as understanding with cazorla, warrants his place in the side (hopefully wilshere and cazorla will have this understanding next season) - if rosicky is still injured then i would like cazorla to be in the middle with oxlade-chamberlain on the left (rather the ox than podolski). Giroud up front because we have no other option really (although i do like him)

ReputationRep:
    still think we will batter everton... unless fellaini decides he wants to dominate the midfield.

ReputationRep:
    must win today ladsssss

ReputationRep:
    Are we planning to buy ross barkley?

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth making a match thread? Would anyone like to do the honours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Im just wondering is the 70mill available to us after we sell players like squillaci and santos or before???

OQ can the emirates be further expanded?
    That money SHOULD be available before any sales are even made, if we don't have any players to sell anyway.

I remember reading that the emirates could be expanded, but the club would have to develop the transport systems further due to the increased volume of spectators and to accomodate them. That would probably cost a lot of money so seems unlikely at the moment

Sent from my HTC Desire

ReputationRep:
    http://www.arsenal.com/media-watch

What's the hype about Capoue? Would prefer Wanyama instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derrick1509)
    That money SHOULD be available before any sales are even made, if we don't have any players to sell anyway.

I remember reading that the emirates could be expanded, but the club would have to develop the transport systems further due to the increased volume of spectators and to accomodate them. That would probably cost a lot of money so seems unlikely at the moment

Sent from my HTC Desire
    so why are we only allocated 70mill when we currently have 123mill in reserves 6months before the season has even ended?

ReputationRep:
    You guys move fast! All that complaining really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sufistic)
    Is it worth making a match thread? Would anyone like to do the honours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You might as well create one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    You might as well create one?
    Can't be bothered. Lol. Too long to put all the match info in the OP. Can you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    so why are we only allocated 70mill when we currently have 123mill in reserves 6months before the season has even ended?
    Dunno, maybe for rainy days.
    ----
    Why the **** is Wilshere starting again? He isn't even match fit yet ffs :facepalm:

Sent from my HTC Desire

ReputationRep:
    Gibbs and Wilshere starting ahead of monreal and rosicky?????

If rosicky wasnt fit yet i would rather cazorla go in the middle and oxlade chamberlain come in rather than having a half fit wilshere (and apparently wenger said he rushed wilshere back in)

ReputationRep:
    Predictions guys??? Ill go for a 2-0 win to arsenal or a 2-1

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for a 2-2 although i hope arsenal can nick this one

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.