Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  trolls-einstein1[1].png
Views: 330
Size:  67.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 13 I got 146 after getting bored a quarter of the way though so in the end just pressing random buttons... so in reality, mine is probably quite a bit lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Don't be mean. He figured out how to do a posting on TSR, didn't he?
    And we're so proud of him. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1992LP)
    I Googled "quick IQ test" and came up with this:

http://www.quickiqtest.net/

My god. That is bloody impossible! I got 110, but most of it was pure guesswork. It is like the UKCAT all over again!
    I tried it and I got 101 but I agree with most people on that the iq test is mostly useless! :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    If you had an IQ of 157, you wouldn't post it on here to show off.
    You've never met an egotistical smart person?

As Spock once said (i think it was actually a quote from a philosopher) "Superior ability breeds superior ambition". Whilst not always the case, ambitious people tend to be more confident and confidence is one step away from being egotistical which in turn is a step away from arrogance.

For some reason in the UK being egotistical is looked down upon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You've never met an egotistical smart person?

As Spock once said (i think it was actually a quote from a philosopher) "Superior ability breeds superior ambition". Whilst not always the case, ambitious people tend to be more confident and confidence is one step away from being egotistical which in turn is a step away from arrogance.

For some reason in the UK being egotistical is looked down upon.
    A true peoples person and an intelligent one is a person who does wonders without people expecting it from him/her and helping people up in life instead of being egotistical and de-motivating people and reminding them of how poor of a situation they are in.

ReputationRep:
    My IQ= integer infinity. Enough said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skilled)
    A true peoples person and an intelligent one is a person who does wonders without people expecting it from him/her and helping people up in life instead of being egotistical and de-motivating people and reminding them of how poor of a situation they are in.
    Arrogance is de-motivating but i'm a bit of egotist myself though i've never thought it was harming anybody else, you can't help it if you like yourself and know what your capable of. That's a good point, i've always struggled with the selfless modesty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Arrogance is de-motivating but i'm a bit of egotist myself though i've never thought it was harming anybody else, you can't help it if you like yourself and know what your capable of. That's a good point, i've always struggled with the selfless modesty.
    I'm not saying its wrong to state what your good at, all I'm saying is keep it to a limit where others are not effected. In instances such as a job interview, of course you have to show how proud you are of what you are good at. But in other instances such as if someones lost their job because of a certain skill deficit and you go in front of him/her and talk about how you got the job because of that skill, isn't that going to worsen their already saddened mood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArounaF)
    We and pretty much the entire
    world have been suffering from an
    economic downturn. What I don't
    understand is why we don't just
    print more money? Then with that
    money we can pay all the debts we
    have and pay people more so they
    can live well?
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    So I got tested and my IQ is 157, apparently puts me in the 99.99th percentile :awesome:, so I guess i'm like a genius :cool:...what's your IQ? I bet it's not >157
    You're not a genius until you've proved it. But anyway I call bull****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    You're not a genius until you've proved it. But anyway I call bull****.
    Although, to be fair, how could he prove it on TSR? Say lots of clever things? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    tbh if you had a IQ of 157, then you probably wouldn't be the type of person to post something like this!

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
    -Socrates

ReputationRep:
    Although, to be fair, how could he prove it on TSR? Say lots of clever things? :confused:
    I'm pretty sure you get a certificate! - I may be wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JerzyDudek)
    Lol.
    I want to 'thumbs up' this comment in text

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharliePhillips)
    I'm pretty sure you get a certificate! - I may be wrong
    I'm sure lots of people would call 'fake' if he posted a copy of it, the way things are generally on here.

ReputationRep:
    tbf TSR, a high IQ score does indicate intellectual/cognitive aptitude to an extent... that's never been seriously disputed

e.g. someone with a measured IQ of 157 will always be objectively more intelligent that someone who scores 80 on the same test.. to claim otherwise is just burying one's head in the sand

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure lots of people would call 'fake' if he posted a copy of it, the way things are generally on here.
    Dem certificate.

Name:  Mensa-IQ-Certificate-Anonymised[1].png
Views: 1633
Size:  32.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emre944)
    Dem certificate.
    Surely someone with an infinite IQ would have cropped the bottom edge of the 'certificate' before posting it? I smell a rat

ReputationRep:
    join mensa with all the other wannabe genius ****loops

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.