Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If You Could Go Back And Kill Baby Hitler, Would You? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would You Kill Baby Hitler.
    Yes.
    16.88%
    No.
    83.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    I'm sorry for my sarcasm. You still haven't answered the threads real question though.

And to be fair you can't call the high ground on insults. On you monogamy thread you call men gay!

I am call dan savage homosexual because he is homosexual. This is not insult, this is called description.

If you are treat description of homosexual as insult, then you are equate the word homosexual with pejorative.

This means you are homosexual discrimination.

You are not having any humility? I am muslim and even i do not treating the word homosexual as equivalence to pejorative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    I am call dan savage homosexual because he is homosexual. This is not insult, this is called description.

If you are treat description of homosexual as insult, then you are equate homosexual with pejorative.

This means you are homosexual discrimination.

You are not having any humility? I am muslim and even i do not treating homosexual as equivalence to pejorative.
    Ahh I though you were calling the user you quoted a homosexual. I apologise that I misunderstood.

Would you like to answer the moral issue of the thread now?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    No, have you people not played the Red Alert games?
    Can't believe you beat me to it

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a better idea would be to kill Kaiser Wilhelm since that way the First World War probably wouldn't have happened and hence Hitler couldn't have used it and the aftermath of it in order to gain support?

ReputationRep:
    Minority report. Would you be happy to be punished for a crime you supposedly commit in the future? Say the future police come to your house right now and say you are to die for a crime you have not yet committed.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I though you were calling the user you quoted a homosexual. I apologise that I misunderstood.

Would you like to answer the moral issue of the thread now?
    the moral issue, my answer is no i would not killing. i would not doing it no.

however, if i am able to doing the travel in time, i would putting hot wax in baby hitler eye ball.

ReputationRep:
    No because if you kill like this, you become as bad as him.

ReputationRep:
    Probably you don't watch 'Charmed'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    the moral issue, my answer is no i would not killing. i would not doing it no.

however, if i am able to doing the travel in time, i would putting hot wax in baby hitler eye ball.
    Your still not quite grasping the point.

Is it right to punish someone for a crime they haven't committed yet? Regardless of what the punishment is or it's preventive nature.

This did make me laugh imagining you putting hot wax in a babies eye.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I can't remember where, might have been The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits. But in one of the episodes, this very plot is played out. The baby Hitler does get killed, but the nanny realising what happened and in fear of punishment, pays some beggars on the streets for their baby and takes it back to the house. Hitler's father never realises what happened and treats the baby as his own son. Nothing is changed.

Also, the Red Alert games!

ReputationRep:
    'No'.

For all i know the Blitz caused my great grandparents to cuddle up to each other and engage in coitus, there would certainly be no logic to risking my own creation even if that means the death of a million others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    But he was the main reason millions upon millions of Jewish people died.

In order to stop that, or have a good chance of stopping that from happening of course I would.

1 life who will grow up to murder vs millions of innocent lives.
    The Jewish people were in bother before Hitler started banging off rounds about how much damage they were causing. It was common place in Germany (as well as a good few other countries) to hear Anti-Semitic public speaking as well as see propaganda fliers and articles.
    Hitler simply pushed anti-Semitism into a more 'physical' manifestation. A good representation of this is the film/TV-series 'Hitler: Rise to Evil'; it plays through the years between his service in the First World War until the death of Otto von Bismark.

Frankly, killing Hitler may not have stopped the Holocaust at all. It almost certainly wouldn't have stopped World War II; the Central Powers' nations were still reeling from the Triple Entente's enforcements and there was a lot of hatred and anger towards them. Its likely they'd have snapped and retaliated anyway, though it almost certainly wouldn't have panned out with the same lines drawn.

Furthermore, as the war wouldn't pan out as planned and the Holocaust (whilst something similar would probably still have happened, it wouldn't have been the same) wouldn't either. Now whilst this sounds like a fantastic situation, as much as it pains me to say that good did come from these most tragic of events. By some estimates medical science from both the Second World War and the Concentration Camps was advanced some fifty years in the time frame of both the aforementioned, some place it at longer, some marginally shorter, but most agree at least half a century's worth of medical advancement. Now obviously the tests used on Jewish, Gypsy, disabled, coloured, minority and others in these camps were largely as barbaric as they come, but despite the horrors they have had an undeniable impact on medicine, anatomy, surgery and the like. Most of these largely wouldn't have come about had the Holocaust not happened, likewise without World War II.
    Furthermore, the NHS originated as a direct result of the Second World War, a combined effort by the people for the people so all would have healthcare. Whether you support the NHS or not, the benefit of it after the war is indisputable.

Brian J. Ford commented, "If any good can be said to come of war, then the Second War War must go on record as assisting and accelerating one of the greatest blessings that the 20th Century has conferred on Man - the huge advances in medical knowledge and surgical techniques. War, by producing so many and such appalling casualties, and by creating such widespread conditions in which disease can flourish, confronted the medical profession with an enormous challenge - and the doctors of the world rose to the challenge of the last war magnificently."
    He raises a stark point, just like World War One with Penicillin, there were advanced breakthroughs during the Second World War.

Not just in terms of medicine, either. After World War II, most of the Imperial Powers gave up their Empires, chief of these was Britain. Whether you're pro-Imperial or not, the fact many of these nations got their own lands back could be easily construed as a benefit, no?
    Women in the States gained massive amounts of power, the work they did during rivaled anything a man could do and they earned through blood, sweat and tears the right to work.
    The American economy rose drastically, supplementing major technological breakthroughs much of the world benefitted from, plus with so many factories mass production essentially increased tenfold. Finally, also within the States, segregation was ended by the President.

Would any of those have happened had it not been for the war? Possibly. What we do know is that because of the Second World War and the Holocaust they did happen. I can't stress enough the dark times the world faced during both those events, but the people they've benefitted should mark up something for that. Go back and kill Hitler and you don't get that.

ReputationRep:
    No, because we have no idea how it might affect our timeline.

And I am of the opinion that the past is set in stone, so if anyone were to try to go back in time to kill them, they already have and failed.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Was he on meth? :eek:

I agree he led Germany to destruction but you could argue the German people would not have followed a less charismatic leader to such destruction and surrendered or at least reached a compromise earlier in the war; at the latest when the Allies reached Germany's borders.
    Yeah, his doctor injected him with it regularly.

Hmm. However, without him, the communists may have come up with a more charismatic campaign, which would also have led to a lot of problems. Or another fascist group - I'm sure there were many charismatic leaders, Hitler just got in the way of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
    Yeah, his doctor injected him with it regularly.

Hmm. However, without him, the communists may have come up with a more charismatic campaign, which would also have led to a lot of problems. Or another fascist group - I'm sure there were many charismatic leaders, Hitler just got in the way of them.
    I'm not sure who I hate more: Nazis or Commies!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm not sure who I hate more: Nazis or Commies!
    Meh. Communism wouldn't be as bad as Nazism if it actually worked in it's true form, even though I don't like the idea. But to be honest, at the time, Stalin's USSR and Hitler's Germany were arguably as bad as each other.

ReputationRep:
    I say no, he was not the only person responsible for the deaths, and war was inevitable because of the social situation after WW1. Instead I would take him under my wing as a child and teach him the benefits of peaceful life.(gosh I sound like a hippie!) I imagine that his childhood and adolescent years have a huge effect on a persons adult life.

ReputationRep:
    No but I would take over the art school and accept him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lakesx)
    I say no, he was not the only person responsible for the deaths, and war was inevitable because of the social situation after WW1. Instead I would take him under my wing as a child and teach him the benefits of peaceful life.(gosh I sound like a hippie!) I imagine that his childhood and adolescent years have a huge effect on a persons adult life.
    Yes, indeed. It was said that his father was actually very anti-semitic and a type of quasi-proto-Aryan Supremacist.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.