Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Good shows that went bad watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Fools and Horses aroudn the time they found long term partners (ruined the dynamics)
    I haven't managed to watch all of the shows. I watch it when BBC put it on, but it clear to see it was much more better when they were single than when they got partners. But still a brilliant show though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Walking Dead - Loved 1st 2 seasons, Now it's just gone downhill.
    Lost - Last season was really awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    Pretty much anything these days where the episodes aren't standalone and there isn't a fixed end. I just end up getting the feeling that I'm being conned into investing into a show hoping for a resolution when really they're just intending to drag the show out until the number of viewers drops too low. I'm not going to watch the next season of Homeland, for example, despite really enjoying the first season and the second being good except for the sinking feeling I mentioned above.
    I actually feel the same way.

I like shows that at least conclude a major arc every season and maybe have some funny little side thing as the underlying series thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    I actually feel the same way.

I like shows that at least conclude a major arc every season and maybe have some funny little side thing as the underlying series thing.
    Yeah, I don't mind if there's a bigger plot, but the individual episodes (barring some double episodes or similar) have to be enjoyable by themselves rather than episodes consisting solely of one step forwards and two steps back from the ultimate objective (which is often nebulous at best).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    Yeah, I don't mind if there's a bigger plot, but the individual episodes (barring some double episodes or similar) have to be enjoyable by themselves rather than episodes consisting solely of one step forwards and two steps back from the ultimate objective (which is often nebulous at best).
    Totally agree. That's also why I love Dexter so much, there's only a dozen or so episodes a season so you know it's coming to a good conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erika_B)
    #
    Misfits: Without Robert Sheehan there was no misfits.
    I absolutely agree, then Antonia Thomas left too. What a load of ****e.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty Little Liars pretty much fell off the episode Maya died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lumos)

Gilmore Girls - maybe I'm just bitter that Jess left, but rory got dumb and lorelai did stupid things and Logan was a douchebagel after season 5 it was all crappy
    I still get a bit emotional at the end of the final episode though, couldn't be more of a cliché but I just don't mind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CantonHero)
    Now all you have to do is tell me where it's from
    I just noticed that they're facing different ways .

ReputationRep:
    TBBT after series 2, I miss Howard's sleaziness and Amy is a terrible, terrible character
    Fraiser, around series 7 after Daphne and Niles got together
    Peep Show, series 7, while the last two series definitely haven't been bad, they've been so disappointing in comparison to series 1-6. Most of the supporting characters weren't in series 8, and Superhans as a bathroom salesman is just too normal

ReputationRep:
    8 Simple Rules

It used to be really good until the actor playing the dad passed away (R.I.P), after that it just went downhill. He was the glue to the whole show, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by March)
    Dexter's an odd one. Season 3 looked to be the death of the show for me after a brilliant first two seasons, but then season 4 picked it right back up again. Seasons 5 and 6 were a slow decline... but then season 7 just blew my mind. It was right up there with the first two.

Most shows just get steadily worse, Dexter's just odd.
    Completely agree, Season 1 and 2 hooked me in so quickly but 3 was so dull, alongside 5 and 6 (except the ending of 6!) Season 4 was amazing again, I wasn't going to watch Season 7 but now I read your comment, I'm considering it/finding online links now haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captainmal)
    I still get a bit emotional at the end of the final episode though, couldn't be more of a cliché but I just don't mind...
    Not gonna lie, I still cry every time I see the ending... Though to be honest they could have put anything in the last episode and I would still cry....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CantonHero)
    A few:
    Heroes, after season 3 - although I still watched it, just was disappointed.
    Doctor who, recently it has got rather disappointing.
    Supernatural, after the third season I lost my interest.Two and a half men, it's definitely lost itself.
    Terra nova, I doubt many people watched it but some would agree that it had a great start then as the first series went on it only showed us bad stuff.
    You should try watching up to at least up to season 5 (the end of the first plot), it is a brilliant end to the first story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    R.I.P South Park.
    I disagree. South Park is as good as it's always been, if not better. It remains current. The first few seasons were obviously brilliant but they weren't as clever and were slightly more tame. I think it's one of those shows that have gotten better because they've gotten into the flow. And a long running show like South Park needs to change as society and the people change, or it's just the same thing over and over again. It gets boring.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with all the people saying Lost got bad after various points. Yes, seasons 4 and 5 were a little confusing, but bear in mind that they were done during the big writers strike. They still managed to handle the
    Spoiler:
    Show
    time travel
    pretty well and to link everything together in the way they did was phenomenal. Season 6, which I see a lot of people have criticised, is one of the strongest and the finale made me cry a little bit, it was such a perfect finish. I even consider season 4 to have the best episode out of the entire series, the Desmond-centric The Constant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeWtkd)
    I disagree with all the people saying Lost got bad after various points. Yes, seasons 4 and 5 were a little confusing, but bear in mind that they were done during the big writers strike. They still managed to handle the
    Spoiler:
    Show
    time travel
    pretty well and to link everything together in the way they did was phenomenal. Season 6, which I see a lot of people have criticised, is one of the strongest and the finale made me cry a little bit, it was such a perfect finish. I even consider season 4 to have the best episode out of the entire series, the Desmond-centric The Constant.
    Agreed. It was just that the storyline was blazing fast and felt rushed/sacrificed character development, and yet it could've been so much less hurried.
    For example, was there really any point in the Temple? And why did Widmore just float away into being a non-entity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccagood95)
    I disagree. South Park is as good as it's always been, if not better. It remains current. The first few seasons were obviously brilliant but they weren't as clever and were slightly more tame. I think it's one of those shows that have gotten better because they've gotten into the flow. And a long running show like South Park needs to change as society and the people change, or it's just the same thing over and over again. It gets boring.
    Hmm, I guess.

I've liked pretty much every season on south park. But the latest one seems to be lacking in the quality. Still good though but it's this one's definitely gone down a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    I would like to add Smallville.

Season 1 was great but I just did not like how it turned out and was dragged out and out and out.
    Smallville was a roller-coaster: good few then bad then it picks up and then bed etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeWtkd)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    time travel
    While I admit that there were plenty of good episodes after season 4, the overall arcs were just terrible. It became completely obvious that there was no plan, no end game. That they knew how the show was going to end all along was a complete con.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.