Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?? I was glad it was Ayer but I wasn't to keen on that specific paragraph and think my part A was not as strong as I wanted it to be.

I talked about verification principle, logical positivism in my intro.
    Then discussed the quote of 'a God of any non animistic religion cannot be demonstratively proved' linking it back to meaningful and meaningless and verification.
    Then the regularity bit of the passage is where I brought in Aquinas and Paley and how Ayer would think that God is meaningful to discuss if you mean he IS the regularity but not CAUSING it- this is where religion like Christianity fails for him.
    I talked about a few other points that he discusses in the rest of his article.
    Then I discussed Dawkins and Hume as they would agree with Ayer.
    Mentioned Flew and his falsification
    Then counter argument was Tennant and Baille and then concluded part A by saying Ayer would rubbish claims held by Tennant and Baille.

Part b)
    I started off by saying how I agree with Ayer to a certain degree and quoted Dawkins' 'blind faith'.
    I then stated how Karl Marx would agree with this.
    I then went on to counter argument those views with John Hick's eschatological verification, but then counter argued his point as he argues from the point of a religious experience with Franks Davis and Ayer.
    Then I moved on to implications on religion which were: religious books, dogma and scriptures would be left meaningless, therefore much of society could become anomic and anarchic as religion doesn't provide any rules to follow.
    For Islam & Christianity, their holy books would be nothing more than moral messages and myths which is a hard concept.
    Then I put in a few more implications for human experience and concluded.
    I'm quite scared as I know the boundaries will be high...

ReputationRep:
    I'm depressed about this exam cuz it was so easy but I never managed to write what I wanted. All my ideas flooded in slow which is a shame cuz I was predicted a* but I don't think I'm gonna get that so I feel like crying cuz it's something I could potentially have done great on but just flopped. I think I only wrote about 7 pages altogether

:''''''((((

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza3)
    I am! I'm hoping it'll be Lafollette as his work is the easiest - and he hasn't come up for 2 years so it's looking good. Schneewind came up last year, so I doubt the paper will be on him. UNLESS Edexcel decide to mess with us and put Schneewind in 2 years running. I'm revising them all just incase.
    Jamieson came up last year not schneewind, Schneewind has only came up once and all the others have come up twice. But after the exam on friday all of them have come up twice now.
    How did you find the passage that came up?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on revising for this paper?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.