Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any woman who wants to stay beautiful needs to diet every day Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ignoring the fact that she's clearly a complete moron, she's not even skinny so she obviously can't even do her own stupid 'diet' correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    I hate her. She's not even that slim herself, size 12 is normal. Telling a fat person theyre fat and disgusting will never change anything, if someone told me I was a big disgusting fatty I'd order a Dominos on the spot to spite them. The issue is that people are more unhealthy and because there's no education about healthy eating in schools or anything you can't really blame fat people. I've never been very fat (size 12 biggest at 5'9) but I didn't eat my 5 a day until I was 18 and realised I wanted to be more healthy. Even if she does hate fat people for being fat (which is in itself completely vile and shallow) she's really not helping anything by banging on about how fat people are. Plus if any man ever said he'd divorce me for getting fat I'd divorce him for being a complete *******. Most ridiculous excuse for an 'article' ever.
    You big disgusting fatty.

Now you can order a Dominos

Edit: I do hope you all realise I'm being flippant here.

ReputationRep:
    Samantha Brick is living the troll dream.

Whilst all the trolls on here can only aspire to accumulating more red gems on an internet forum she has moved to France, and writes controversial articles in an British newspaper, and occasionally gets to go on British TV like Lorraine Kelly, winding everyone up, whilst she is happily sunning herself in France having a good laugh about it with her French mates.

I can just imagine them sat round cracking up about it all..."and then I put in that the best motivation to stay thin is a Frenchman, he wouldn't tolerate a fat wife LOL"

Samantha Brick has moved up to number 2 on my list of most admired trolls.

Number 1 is Piers Morgan for going over to the USA and trolling the Americans in their own backyard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by askew116)
    You big disgusting fatty.

Now you can order a Dominos

Edit: I do hope you all realise I'm being flippant here.
    Haha. Sorry but I don't think I can handle a Dominos at 11am!

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love being that person who never puts weight on even when they don't exercise and eat anything they want! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Haha. Sorry but I don't think I can handle a Dominos at 11am!
    haha amateur!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The UK is the second fattest nation on Earth. I personally think women look their sexiest at a size 6-8.
    Lol what?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/content...458-12-439.pdf

The UK has the 42nd highest average BMI.

Also your second point in ridiculous because
    a) A size 6 in Topshop is not the same as a size 6 in H&M
    b) A tall woman who is a size six is likely to be unhealthy and underweight
    c) A size 6 top is a 30"-31" chest, and a size 8 is 32", so anyone with boobs bigger than 32", despite their waist size will not be a size 8.
    (Take myself as an example, I have a 27" waist, but due to my 35" chest I often wear a size 12 top).

ReputationRep:
    The UK is the second fattest nation on Earth. I personally think women look their sexiest at a size 6-8.
    Lol, at my height at size 6 I'd be dead.

I get what you mean with the rest of your post though. I wish girls were encouraged to do more sport at school, rather than just eat less.

ReputationRep:
    http://eveningharold.com/features-2/...old-exclusive/She has tried to clarify her position, sort off

ReputationRep:
    You sure thats not American?

I thought the average in the UK had increased from about 32 to 36.
    yeah that seems much more likely tbh you're probably right but the point still stands that men's waist sizes have also increased, not just women's.

ReputationRep:
    Samantha Brick must be the vainest woman on the the planet - and what's worse is that she keeps doing it. Surely she knows that people hate her (not for being beautiful, though)

ReputationRep:

How can you stick a size on it? That's ignoring women's heights, which will have a massive bearing on it, and ignoring whether they have large breasts or bums
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    How can you stick a size on it? That's ignoring women's heights, which will have a massive bearing on it, and ignoring whether they have large breasts or bums
    I like small bums, i was mainly talking about waists.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.panda)
    Gotta love being that person who never puts weight on even when they don't exercise and eat anything they want! :P
    ^.^ I may not be a size 8 but at least I dont put on weight either.
    That bar of chocolate....No worries. Feels so good!

(Original post by Popppppy)
    Lol what?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/content...458-12-439.pdf

The UK has the 42nd highest average BMI.

Also your second point in ridiculous because
    a) A size 6 in Topshop is not the same as a size 6 in H&M
    b) A tall woman who is a size six is likely to be unhealthy and underweight
    c) A size 6 top is a 30"-31" chest, and a size 8 is 32", so anyone with boobs bigger than 32", despite their waist size will not be a size 8.
    (Take myself as an example, I have a 27" waist, but due to my 35" chest I often wear a size 12 top).
    Argh. I feel your pain of sizing up to have room in the chest area.
    After playing rugby & having a large chest, therefore giving me a 42" chest....
    I however have a size 14 torso and hips. So everything is baggy from the underbust.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I dislike her. I see her point. If you're overweight you're making it very hard for yourself to appear attractive. I'm going to get negs on this one but if women adopted a healthy lifestyle and actually did some exercise then maybe people would stop complaining about their weight so much. People spend thousands on clothes, hair and make up all whilst neglecting the most obvious. Most people look their best when they are thin, that's just it.

Personally I would never let myself get above a size 10. I simply wouldn't feel attractive or comfortable in a bigger size. Call it vain but I'm sure a large majority of women feel the same and are just too scared to admit it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    Whilst I dislike her. I see her point. If you're overweight you're making it very hard for yourself to appear attractive. I'm going to get negs on this one but if women adopted a healthy lifestyle and actually did some exercise then maybe people would stop complaining about their weight so much. People spend thousands on clothes, hair and make up all whilst neglecting the most obvious. Most people look their best when they are thin, that's just it.

Personally I would never let myself get above a size 10. I simply wouldn't feel attractive or comfortable in a bigger size. Call it vain but I'm sure a large majority of women feel the same and are just too scared to admit it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But then again some women are healthy and do exercise but are still naturally bigger.
    Im no size 10 nor will I ever be a size 10.
    I play rugby and used to do semi-pro rugby. So having a bigger build, more muscular and quads/biceps to rival some guys was key to making me a successful player.
    Its very rare you see a size 6 woman on the pitch. She would simply get crushed. Believe me scrums & be tackeled to the floor can be brutal.

However, its not all down to healthy diets and hitting the gym everyday.
    Youve got genetics to take into consideration.
    Most of my family is around 2st overweight according to bmi. Yet they are all still slim. But 'bigger' built. Broad shoulders. Muscular.

Of course im not bashing your opinion. You have your own views & can express them freely but sometimes people are just naturally bigger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a bit stupid to put a size on it. I have clothes rom an 8 to 14 in my wardrobe and they all fit. So on some days, if I were you, I'd be slim and on others I'd be far too fat depending on what I'm wearing.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think pretty much every overweight person realises that they'd look better if they were thinner, even if they don't act like it. In the meantime fuelling self-hatred and body shame as Samantha Brick is doing solves absolutely nothing and actually exacerbates the problem. I mean look at her - she's not fat but she clearly has huge issues with image and food. If an overweight person loses weight because they hate themselves, they're probably going to have issues with the way they look even when they do lose weight. I've seen this in so many people and in my opinion while fat-shaming might make people lose weight, it is simply not worth the psychological damage it causes people of all sizes.

People just need to be educated on how to lose weight healthily and sustainably. I know when I was a lot younger and thought I was huge (I wasn't) I used to collect the weight loss advice tips from magazines etc. and think there was something really wrong with me when none of it worked. Much of the mainstream weight loss advice is comprised of crap and fad diets. People try them and simply can't see themselves living like that forever so they fall back onto bad habits, often repeating the cycle several times and putting on weight in the process while garnering a whole range of issues with their relationships to food. It's great when people are brought up eating a healthy, balanced diet but not everyone is so lucky and those who are fed bad stuff when they're younger often grow up to do the same. People generally know that MacDonald's, ready meals etc. aren't good for you. What they aren't taught is how to break out of that cycle without living off salad or resorting to ridiculous diets. The information is out there, but it can be hard to find. It really needs to be easily accessible to everyone and common knowledge. I'm sure things would change if that were the case.

People should lose weight to look nice, to be healthier and more comfortable. There are a myriad of positives to it. They shouldn't lose weight because they've been made to hate themselves by people telling them how disgusting they are and how they are failures. So I'm afraid I can't see Ms. Brick's point at all. It's lost amongst all the hatred and vitriol and if she thinks people should lose weight then she should realise that the opinion she's putting across here is completely counter-productive for creating healthy people, both physically and mentally.

In short, I think she's generally a detestable human being and newspapers shouldn't commission articles from people whose mental instability practically comes off the page in waves.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.