The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I didn't receive email acknowledgment that they had received my application? Was I suppose to???!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Pretty sure I got some sort of acknowledgement from them (by them I mean the DfE). That said, having just had a very brief look I can't find an email.

I guess you have heard nothing from S'wark either then Meky?
Reply 82
I'm concerned as I didn't receive any kind of confirmation of receipt of application either. When I emailed Penna I got a generic automated reply saying they would respond to my query within 48 hours but still no reply.
Reply 83
Original post by Pipheadnat
I'm concerned as I didn't receive any kind of confirmation of receipt of application either. When I emailed Penna I got a generic automated reply saying they would respond to my query within 48 hours but still no reply.

I just checked and I did receive a confirmation email.
Check up with Penna again just to be sure that they received your application.
good luck :smile:

I also didn't receive a confirmation email and remember thinking it was strange at the time, but I double checked the website and my application had been sent. Maybe I should call too
Reply 85
I've messaged Penna, I did find an email I had sent asking if I was supposed to get email confirmation and I had a reply saying no, so hopefully they have it there somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Hi again,

I just phoned Penna as they didn't respond to my email, they said that some regions have now completed their shortlisting and others are still in the process, York apparently are still in the process so I should hear back with a yes or no by the end of the week she said.

She also said that confirmation emails to the original application were not sent out so if you haven't heard anything it doesn't automatically mean that they didn't receive your form.

x
Does anyone have the contact number for Penna?
Reply 88
Hi, their contact details are on the Step Up page, and the number is 0845 366 5557

x
Reply 89
Original post by hannah652496
does anyone have the contact number for penna?

t +44 (0)845 366 5557
Thank you, I'm sure they're loving all of the phone calls ;-)
Hi there, has anyone applied to Stoke?

Anyone heard anything? Little worried now.
Reply 92
is there anyway to prepare for what the group task or role play may be? I cant find any clues anywhere to suggest what it might involve? What happens after assessment day? Is that it then?
Hello!
I'm looking for the same..googling for different ideas to what may come up!
After the assessment day if successful there is a further assessment centre for your chosen local authority and then that is it!
Good Luck! :smile:
Hi again,

I just phoned Penna as they didn't respond to my email, they said that some regions have now completed their shortlisting and others are still in the process, York apparently are still in the process so I should hear back with a yes or no by the end of the week she said.

She also said that confirmation emails to the original application were not sent out so if you haven't heard anything it doesn't automatically mean that they didn't receive your form.

x

Hi, I have also applied to York and I only found out yesterday that I have been invited to the assessment day on the 27th June (so not long!). Hope you hear back soon and are successful!! Keep me posted!
Also, have people just applied to one region? As on other threads I have noticed a few people say they have put down choices. I only chose York as I can't remember seeing any options to choose a few or a second..but would be willing to choose others. I wonder if I can maybe do so later.
Reply 96
Original post by earlyyears1
Hi, I have also applied to York and I only found out yesterday that I have been invited to the assessment day on the 27th June (so not long!). Hope you hear back soon and are successful!! Keep me posted!

Heya, congrats on getting through to next stage, I'm still none the wiser! There was an option you could tick to say that if you didn't get accepted at your chosen authority you wouldn't mind other locations considering your application - so I ticked that box as I don't mind moving round the country.

Good luck with York! X
Reply 97
Original post by takemethere
I take that back, just got my invite to the assessment centre :smile:

Hi there, i'm new to the site and notice you are attending the assessment centre on the 24th. I've applied to Wigan LA too and i'm also attending on the 24th. Just wanted to wish you luck. :smile: x
Reply 98
Penna confirmed they had received my application ... Phew!!
Said I should hear back in the next few days as to wether I was successful or not!! Keep your fingers toes and eyes crossed!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Hi
This is my first time so hope this msg comes out ok! Has anyone had any replies from any London boroughs yet for the SUTSW programme? Am starting to panic whether my application went through Ok initially as have heard nothing at all.:eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending