Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Super Juicy CURRENT YEAR 11 (2012-13) THREAD Mark VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xmarksthesh0t)
    I am lol 1/4 Japanese and 3/4 Afghan :P
    Well I do speak Japanese with my uncle who lives in Japan but I learn then forget 'cause not much people speak it to me lol. My level is above GCSE though lol
    Im jealous! Thats a really interesting mix! is your mum half Japanese? haha above GCSE...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Goodnight guys! The Jina is extremely sleepy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Im jealous! Thats a really interesting mix! is your mum half Japanese? haha above GCSE...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Na my grandma, but my dad is half :P
    But I do look japanese but I am like very fair skinned, so not too dark, but not even light compared to most the Japans, but my uncle is quite dark lol and he has a japanese wife :P I met her once when I was 8 but then she went back to japan with my uncle (only came to visit)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    How'd you know?
    I traveled around the world, stalked the people, learnt their life, got back home, went on Skype, added them and pretended I never met them before .
    Yeah, that's basically my morning routine. Otherwise why else would I have all of these weirdos (friends) from all over the world on skype as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Goodnight guys! The Jina is extremely sleepy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am just going to get started on my book, so good night and try do fajr if you can...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Yeah, that's basically my morning routine. Otherwise why else would I have all of these weirdos (friends) from all over the world on skype as well?
    One man's insanity is another man's reality
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    One man's insanity is another man's reality
    You better believe it! With that I bid adieu. Ciao, mes chéries et bon nuit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You better believe it! With that I bid adieu. Ciao, mes chéries et bon nuit.
    Sayanora/Ja Matashta wathinso yujin

ReputationRep:
    night:moon:

:nyan:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing the french exams on 13th May 2013 with AQA?How is your revision going?-its going well for me and I think I have adapted to the change from Foundation to Higher well and that I will be able to get an A* overall, after believing I would only get an A all year.Also, I have finished my 2 GCSE course in Sport, before everyone else and will be an A*, if it isn't moderated down through after school courses and a lot of work completely outside school so I have upped my predicted grade to an A because I do have a nasty feeling that it will get moderated down and that my teacher has marked them too slackly.A lot of my French grade depends on my coursework, my speaking is (53/60) which equates to 77 UMS if it isn't moderated down and my teacher has estimated the highest mark I could get (60/60) and the lowest possible (52/60)-after looking at example online I think both pieces are at least 29/30 each.

ReputationRep:
    Slept right through it, I did :argh:

ReputationRep:
    Cool, new thread !

I need to go and study, three exams this week .

ReputationRep:
    The moment I take my retainers out, my mouth feels so weird

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hooray! New thread, but I wasn't the one who made that picture of everyone, I think it was Elm.

ReputationRep:
    I only have Physics this week - on Tuesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bonjour, who's sitting French tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Hello again all. One day... **** me.

(Original post by Dalek1099)
    Is anyone else doing the french exams on 13th May 2013 with AQA?How is your revision going?-its going well for me and I think I have adapted to the change from Foundation to Higher well and that I will be able to get an A* overall, after believing I would only get an A all year.Also, I have finished my 2 GCSE course in Sport, before everyone else and will be an A*, if it isn't moderated down through after school courses and a lot of work completely outside school so I have upped my predicted grade to an A because I do have a nasty feeling that it will get moderated down and that my teacher has marked them too slackly.A lot of my French grade depends on my coursework, my speaking is (53/60) which equates to 77 UMS if it isn't moderated down and my teacher has estimated the highest mark I could get (60/60) and the lowest possible (52/60)-after looking at example online I think both pieces are at least 29/30 each.
    Firstly, I really think that there are worse fates than getting an A instead of an A*. Take into consideration that not many people take a language at GCSE, and even so a lot of people get low grades in a language GCSE.

Hopefully your grades won't be changed (to be lower at the least). Teachers get continuous training, and exam boards hold conferences to teach teachers how to mark properly. Unless you go to a very bad school they are normally not changed that much.

And good luck! I'm doing French tomorrow too, so I'm in with everybody else who's worrying about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    :confused:

You just need to revise a little every day
    I was on about me going into sleep.
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    Bonjour, who's sitting French tomorrow?
    Sadly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also have French tomorrow, even though I'm Scottish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    I only have Physics this week - on Tuesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What board is this?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.