Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    Hopefully it's just one mark, I was hoping for 100% >.> darn.
    I was hoping for 100% too but I spent all morning throwing up after catching a bug from my mother and so in the scheme of things it's not too bad. For both our sakes I hope that lots of people found it hard so 68/72 or something will ums to 100.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So what would happen on the final question if you go all the working correct but. i.e I had (-2,-27) and (0,9) but I put (0,9) as A???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    this was such a nice paper! (could just be me as i'm doing A2 and resitting this) but it wasn't anything too difficult apart from the last question which was a bit tricky! hope you all did ok

ReputationRep:
    Guys, for the inequalities question
    3-8x>4
    Did you get x<-1/8 or x>-1/8
    i got the former as when you divide through by a negative you flip the sign

ReputationRep:
    Guys, for the inequalities question
    3-8x>4
    Did you get x<-1/8 or x>-1/8
    x < -1/8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    I was hoping for 100% too but I spent all morning throwing up after catching a bug from my mother and so in the scheme of things it's not too bad. For both our sakes I hope that lots of people found it hard so 68/72 or something will ums to 100.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow that sucks. :/ I've been ill for 3 weeks (wtf, right) so I was fighting a snotty nose throughout xD

I didn't think the paper was particularly hard tbh so I won't be surprised if the grade boundaries are high ;_; let's hope that's the only mistake we made.

ReputationRep:
    What were the solutions for question 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bohla)
    3 - 8x > 4
    3 > 4 + 8x
    -1 > 8x
    -1/8 > x

Is that right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSamra)
    So what would happen on the final question if you go all the working correct but. i.e I had (-2,-27) and (0,9) but I put (0,9) as A???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not the only one. We're thinking max 2 marks lost, 1 if we're lucky. *fingers crossed*

(Original post by Bohla)

(Original post by Rrobba)
    x < -1/8
    Phew, I was scrambling through my inequalities rules from a year ago and started doubting myself.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you lose on the last question if you leave both coordinates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gibjb)
    for the last part i know you had to equate the dy/dx of the curve to 9 and solve to get x. i did this but got 2 x coordinates so i didnt know which one to choose and stopped there. how many marks out of the 5 do you think i would have gotten?? and could anyone explain what you had to do after that step?
    The two coordinates you found and the two places on the curve where the gradient is 9 (equal to the gradient of the line) but only one of these points lies on the straight line so if you substitute the 2 coordinates into the straight line equation only one of them will work. This is (-2, -27) and not when x=0.
    Well that's what I did anyway, hope it makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StickySteve)
    What were the solutions for question 2?
    Remind me what was question two and I might remember my answer.

ReputationRep:
    what was the last question again roughly? and which was the question where the length was 4.5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Dogg)
    (1,0) what about you ?
    So did I, but a lot of people got (-2, 27)

ReputationRep:
    If K = -5 this is the best day of my life.

ReputationRep:
    wat wer the coordinates of B for 6ii

(I got -2,-10) I think cant remember if both wer negative...

ReputationRep:
    I think I've dropped 6/8 marks because I didn't get 3. iii) which should have been 5 root5. Also on the last question I got K=-5 but I differentiated the curve and let it equal to 9 but got an equation that couldn't be solved, do you think I'll get method for recognizing to differentiate and let it equal 9. Plus I think it will be about 63 for an A this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtw95)
    If K = -5 this is the best day of my life.
    yup k is -5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XiLE)
    3 - 8x > 4
    3 > 4 + 8x
    -1 > 8x
    -1/8 > x

Is that right?
    yeah thats the other way of doing it that avoids the flipping

ReputationRep:
    Any particular questions, if you want to ask - I'll answer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.