Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Proud to be from Coventry. A lot of history in motor industry and from the war.
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    I'm from Derby (the most central city in England ), I've lived here all my life; its okay in some parts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *******s mate, I'm pretty sure that is either Coventry or Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    It is. (I don't live there, but have a lot of experience of it.)
    :excited::excited::excited:

ReputationRep:
    I think Cambridge is pretty damn nice proud of the university and all the cultural background in the area
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    I'm Black so yes I am proud.

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud to be from South Africa and also proud to live in Lancashire. My hometown is a bit of dump but I still love it, and the north in general.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's illogical to be proud of where you come from, and arguably illogical to be proud of where you end up going either. Because at the end of the day most of the events in our lives are governed by luck and circumstances and the brain handed to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)
    Yeah, I am proud of coming from Manchester. Its a decent city and more importantly, the people are the best in the country.
    I'm from Manchester too! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm from my favorite city so yes

Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild Nothing)
    I'm from Manchester too! :yep:
    Check the post you quoted out - some jealous scouser went and negged it!!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=JennaEmBee;43299903]
    (Original post by SamJ12)

Haha, I've had a few friends who work there, one a while ago was like 'oh you guys, this Griff bloke in work is a nutter' etc then watching the programme I was sitting there thinking...ooooooh haha. I've just finished in Neath College. Have to run over tomorrow actually, got two DVDs from the library that are 2 weeks overdue. Whoops. Live in Pontardawe so it's perfect middle between Neath and Swansea. After uni I hope to escape to Spain or France, or actually whatever country will take me as a TEFL teacher.
    I'm halfway through my access to nursing there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point in being 'proud' of where you come from. It's not like you choose where you're born and its an achievement of yours, it's just chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    It is. (I don't live there, but have a lot of experience of it.)

Another Smoggie! Hello there. :hello: (I'm from Middlesbrough as well, in case you didn't see my earlier post.)
    I did, ill have to look at the channel 4 thing you were on about though...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm not a massive fan of Derby; we do have some fascinating history -

+ We started the industrial revolution
    + We are home to Rolls Royce
    + We make trains
    + Joseph Wright and Florence Nightingale are significant figures to Derby!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I'm from Nice, south of France and I am as proud as I can be about that lovely city :moon: how can I not be? There's a beach :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is the Beach full of Poop :mmm:?

ReputationRep:
    http://youtu.be/C9zhCFc_VLg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamJ12)
    I did, ill have to look at the channel 4 thing you were on about though...!
    Have you completely moved away from Middlesbrough, or do you just live away from it for Uni? I get the impression that you've completely moved away, as the Channel 4 thing has been pretty widely publicised in Middlesbrough... unsurprisingly.

ReputationRep:
    No. No. Nooo. No way. I'm from Slough and I still live here. Really can't wait to move out. It reeks of cigarettes and weed and people will do/say something to you for no reason. I read an article a few years ago saying Slough has the highest number of drug offences in England. Fun fact. I can also recall about 3 or 4 years ago, Chalvey (where I live on the edge of) there was a massive child sex trafficking operation going on involving 18 Romanian girls which made the front page of the Daily Mail.

It is also the protagonist on Road Wars xD.

Last week, on a road about 2 minutes from my house, this guy got jumped by 12 people at 3am on a Saturday, beaten up and died a few days later. The attackers went off in 2 cars and the guy died a few days later. Someone I know lives on that road as well.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=SamJ12;43300363]
    (Original post by JennaEmBee)

I'm halfway through my access to nursing there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How peculiar...we may have crossed paths :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr plumby)
    I'm from my favorite city so yes

Birmingham.
    A fellow Brummie!

I'm proud of the city I come from. It has pretty much anything you could ever want (Bullring shopping centre, LG Arena, MASSIVE QE Hospital, Lickey Hills park...) and I love the diversity, one district of Birmingham will be completely different to another district.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)
    Check the post you quoted out - some jealous scouser went and negged it!!
    Oh dear, they're clearly bitter :unimpressed: Where abouts in Manchester are you from?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.