Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What vehicle was you taking your driving lessons in Watch

ReputationRep:
    Citroen C3.. If anyone is driving or has drove this car can you please send me a personal message? I need help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulMidwife)
    Oh cool :-) what's that like to drive, then?

And I've done about 7 hours with Bill Plant, with a further 2 hours this Sunday. I've done about 18 hours with AA and 2 hours with the dreaded Driveland.
    I would imagine its nothing compared to A3 but it is ok i mean its easy to drive and im learning quite quickly,so cant complain.

ReputationRep:
    Learned first in a Renault Clio (petrol) then my instructor changed cars and got a Toyota Yaris (diesel)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritBoyWonder)
    I would imagine its nothing compared to A3 but it is ok i mean its easy to drive and im learning quite quickly,so cant complain.
    Absolutely :-) likewise, the Ford is slightly easier for me to drive, hence I'm taking my test in it..

ReputationRep:
    First 3 lessons my instructor had a Fiat 500 temporarily as his Polo was getting repaired, now the fiat 500 is a feminine car, but what I liked about it was the transmission, it was smooth, and the seat was high much like in our Mercedes MPV which is very comfortable, bad points : small, weird speedometer. What I didnt like about the polo was the transmission, it wasnt like that 500, it didnt feel as "smooth" and it wouldnt get into 5 without putting up a fight :P. Would I want any of them as a first car, no, unless it was free :P

Bill plant has now added the Audi Q3 to its fleet :O, I was planning on going with them purely because of the audi A3 but they never picked up or returned my calls

ReputationRep:
    ford fiesta , so small car , driving teacher was sitting on my lap .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_Boy_Turco)
    ford fiesta , so small car , driving teacher was sitting on my lap .
    Reminded me of this :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEnKC0o25Rg

ReputationRep:
    Second driving lesson tomorrow. I did clutch and gas control on my last lesson and drove for a bit but I was pretty poor at it.. what do you think I'll be doing this lesson?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shakerist)
    Reminded me of this :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEnKC0o25Rg

LoL , I laughed so hard . The worst part , my teacher was a man , with mustaches .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_Boy_Turco)
    LoL , I laughed so hard . The worst part , my teacher was a man , with mustaches .
    Name:  70487_full_1.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  111.2 KB :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Honda Jazz

ReputationRep:
    When I was learning my instructor had a Peugeot 207 and I did private practice in my old 1989 Mini, quite a difference between the two as you can imagine.

ReputationRep:
    Appalling English.

I learnt in a Rover 25 Diesel. Frightful thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainDudeson)
    Appalling English.

I learnt in a Rover 25 Diesel. Frightful thing.

Haha, I own one of those! Fast and surprisingly great handling, but definitely an old, old school diesel engine (sounds like a Soviet tractor) with a damn heavy clutch!

I learnt in a VW Polo diesel, a neat little car, if a bit uninspiring.

ReputationRep:
    Currently learning in an Audi A3(diesel) 15 Reg. Such a nice car, so smooth but you do feel the power
    Soon the instructor is changing car to a BMW 1 series sport so I shall tell you how that is
    Feel very lucky getting to lean in these nice cars haha

ReputationRep:
    VW T4 M reg with a clicking steering wheel, something unidentifiably squeaking in the back, a leaky tyre and a fudgy gear box!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c1s2)
    Currently learning in an Audi A3(diesel) 15 Reg. Such a nice car, so smooth but you do feel the power
    Soon the instructor is changing car to a BMW 1 series sport so I shall tell you how that is
    Feel very lucky getting to lean in these nice cars haha
    The thread was only three years old... nice res :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    The thread was only three years old... nice res :facepalm2:
    I know, only 3 years :giggle:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Nissan Altima, passed first time.

Then in the UK a Vauxhall Corsa at first, failed 3 times. On the morning of my 4th uk test, I swapped to a Mazda 2 and passed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.