Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Offered a place here too and just about to accept for MS Open Day, so pleased! Look forward to meeting anyone who is going :') Now we just wait for RBS and HSBC...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get into the JPMorgan one, but got accepted by Morgan Stanley . Now just waiting for RBS to reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black-Scholes)
    Just got an acceptance for the Morgan Stanley open day . Replied about 2 minutes ago. Anyone know if we get any additional details, and when it says we need to submit travel expenses within 2 weeks of the event if that means 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after?
    I think they'll send us another email once we confirm tomorrow. And I think it's two weeks after. I'm so unlucky because I live within the M25 but my train fare in rush hour is truly horrific.

Edit: It must be after because they want the actual receipts attached.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just went onto hotmail and got my invitation. So happy!

When it says reply by e-mail, do they mean we should reply to the invite e-mail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmy_95)
    Just went onto hotmail and got my invitation. So happy!

When it says reply by e-mail, do they mean we should reply to the invite e-mail?
    That's what I did, haha. It's not an automated address so I guess so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black-Scholes)
    Just got an acceptance for the Morgan Stanley open day . Replied about 2 minutes ago. Anyone know if we get any additional details, and when it says we need to submit travel expenses within 2 weeks of the event if that means 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after?
    I'd say its no more than 2 weeks after, although I'd imagine if you can book in advance and provide online booking references you'd be able to make your claim before the event

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by MS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenabethx)
    Rejected by MS
    Hey , did you get an email about this? Not heard anything today while everyone else seems to have had contact :s

Nevermind, been rejected too, I feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    rejected by JP and MS, gutted. Now hoping for HSBC and RBS, highly dought the RBS one though

ReputationRep:
    I've been rejected by JPM, probably due to my terrible last year's grades but I haven't heard anything from MS yet despite everyone else having done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matamaticas)
    I've been rejected by JPM, probably due to my terrible last year's grades but I haven't heard anything from MS yet despite everyone else having done!
    It won't be your grades, I got pretty bad grades and got on last year. It's likely your CV/application or other students has stronger extra-curriculars. Work on those and you'll get on next time round x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, I'm still waiting on MS... Sent my app 6 months ago so god knows how it'll fare

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    Offered a place here too and just about to accept for MS Open Day, so pleased! Look forward to meeting anyone who is going :') Now we just wait for RBS and HSBC...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which HSBC one is this if you don't mind me asking?

is it this one?
    http://jobs.hsbc.co.uk/apprentices/w...programme.aspx

cus i can't seem to find how to apply to it

got accepted into the MS open day too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPJY)
    Which HSBC one is this if you don't mind me asking?

is it this one?
    http://jobs.hsbc.co.uk/apprentices/w...programme.aspx

cus i can't seem to find how to apply to it

got accepted into the MS open day too
    This one here buddy...
    http://www.hsbcnet.com/hr/graduate-c...niversity.html

I applied back in January to that - heard nothing. They didn't confirm to me that they'd received it so I have no idea really, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back after having confirmed the place for the MS open day? should we get a final email confirmation or it is assumed to be already confirmed?"
    Looking forward to see you guys! Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A___G)
    Has anyone heard back after having confirmed the place for the MS open day? should we get a final email confirmation or it is assumed to be already confirmed?"
    Looking forward to see you guys! Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't heard of anything yet following on from the confirmation email, no. I'm pretty sure they'll send another one though with more details closer the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from HSBC or rbs??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A___G)
    Has anyone heard back from HSBC or rbs??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope. HSBC one isn't too far away either!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    Nope. HSBC one isn't too far away either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HSBC's deadline isn't till the 10th though, probably hear after that. Which is lucky seeing as I haven't applied for it yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJW 12394)
    HSBC's deadline isn't till the 10th though, probably hear after that. Which is lucky seeing as I haven't applied for it yet!
    Hopefully will get the HSBC one at least, got rejected from JP morgan. Anyone want to share their academics who was successful? Just out of interest..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.