Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the Migration of the birds question, for c, did you just take away the hours turdor from 24 hours, giving 20, and then multiply by the normal oxygen consumption. I think it was 15X20, 300? Probably wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaneboy)
    I put something like 'they'd be unable to breed to produce fertile offspring' pretty sure it's right!
    that'll be right! On the exact same lines!

ReputationRep:
    what was the gas that was released in the lead experiment one?! It was in the last few minutes I realised I didn't do it and said 'carbon dioxide...because anaerobic respiration in plants still produces co2' hahaha such an idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brianthewalrus)
    For the Migration of the birds question, for c, did you just take away the hours turdor from 24 hours, giving 20, and then multiply by the normal oxygen consumption. I think it was 15X20, 300? Probably wrong.
    I got 45 for that one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyndsaaayyy)
    Ah, I think I got that one! When they interbreed they will not produce fertile young as there are now to different gene pools
    i cant even remember what i wrote !
    see the yeast respiration one. What did you write for the first "why was the yeast not added until after 10 mins" then second why was the experiment not started until after ten mins after the yeast was added"

ReputationRep:
    im sure it said "how many rest hours apart from turdor" would that not mean only the hours that it slept that turdor didnt happen ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john51)
    I got 45 for that one!
    Yeah I f***ked it then.
    Hate it when rates and massses and Cm3 are all muddled into the charts, it just puts me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovechemistry)
    see the yeast respiration one. What did you write for the first "why was the yeast not added until after 10 mins" then second why was the experiment not started until after ten mins after the yeast was added"
    So everything can reach the desired temp-cant remember what it was
    So the yeast can get used to its surroundings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brianthewalrus)
    I don't think you used that for that question. I think you used the body mass. The body mass was 3g and it was 15 cm per hour per gram of body mass so I think you done 15x3=45? well that is what I done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lion542)
    I put crossing over and not independant assortment
    I also put crossing over!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antony1234)
    what was the gas that was released in the lead experiment one?! It was in the last few minutes I realised I didn't do it and said 'carbon dioxide...because anaerobic respiration in plants still produces co2' hahaha such an idiot
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovechemistry)
    Omg I hated these questions I can never do them haha. First I wrote about so the glucose and lead nitrate can mix. Then for the second one, to allow respiration to take place because I didn't think 20 seconds was enough? idk haha

ReputationRep:
    For the yeast question, 'why was the flask left for 10m' was it so that the solution settled, Y'know so like there isn't a body of lead near the top, and plain glucose at the bottom. I think that sounds right but I have doubts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    I don't think you used that for that question. I think you used the body mass. The body mass was 3g and it was 15 cm per hour per gram of body mass so I think you done 15x3=45? well that is what I done.

Thats what i did. got 45 as well.

ReputationRep:
    I put independent assortment for that because I forgot what that was and I just thought that they swapped chromosomes sort of, I had crossing over at the start then changed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lion542)
    Same
    maybe it is right then...hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I put active transport aswell!

ReputationRep:
    My biology teacher told us that there was an unusual amount of problem solving in it. far too much apparently. theres a possibility that they'll lower the pass mark a few as it was so tough.

ReputationRep:
    What did you put as the isolation mechanism? I put Geographical, I think it's wrong, for the mountains separating them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did people put as the variable for the lead one? I put temperature. And what did people put for the gas produced? I put CO2...

Wouldn't be surprised if they're both wrong!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.