Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ch5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just checked now for you. On the aa route planner it recommends the Runcorn bridge way which is 42 mins going along the m56 (the bridge gets very busy during peak times). Going through Wallasey tunnel which is the way il be travelling is 44 mins for you and will cost £1.60 tunnel each way. Il be purchasing a fast tag for the tunnel though which cuts the toll charge to £1.30 each way. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

How is everyone getting on with the reading and the curriculum research etc? I still feel a bit overwhelmed with the amount of work. I'm plodding on with it but I have a very busy month! I will be moving into a flat not too far from uni; I'm currently spending my weekends decorating it. I finish work on the 23rd, fly out to New York for 5 days for my mums birthday and then hopefully get over the jet lag quickly enough ready for the start of my placement on the 2nd. A busy and potentially stressful month but looking forward to meeting everyone in September

ReputationRep:
    hi guys - im not a PGCE student, im about to start undergrad biology and education and wondered if any of you guys are in st michaels - I understand PGCE students in halls get aigburth campus!

myself and a load of guys on facebook are trying to find flatmates/people nearby if any of you are close even though you start 2/3 weeks earlier??

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any enrolment info? I know we're meant to enroll today online but I've had a real lack of info from the uni. It's getting frustrating!! I know we can't get our funding sorted until we've enrolled

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_pgce)
    Does anyone have any enrolment info? I know we're meant to enroll today online but I've had a real lack of info from the uni. It's getting frustrating!! I know we can't get our funding sorted until we've enrolled

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have only just received all my enrolment information today but thought that was because I was overseas. So hopefully you will get it soon. Can't believe I've only just seen this thread but glad i'm not the only one who's been panicking about placement and reading etc!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

How's everyone's Preliminary Placement going? How are you finding the reflective log?

I've only managed to secure 7 days in primary - I presume I will have to make up the lost day throughout the course?

ReputationRep:
    I only managed to secure nursery & secondary. All primary schools here wouldn't let me go in the first two weeks. You just have to make it up through the year so I wouldn't worry. To be honest I think it's pretty unrealistic expecting people to organise placements when most only found out they'd been accepted on the course in the summer holidays when all the schools are shut! You've done a great job getting those days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to get 8 days in a primary school but no secondary school days, but at this stage of the year i'm finding it hard to observe for specific lessons as their all setting rules and standards for the new year ahead so not much is going on so I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't been able to get a placement, we're going to learn so much more in the placements during the year x

ReputationRep:
    I know, I'm extremely thankful I found schools willing to have me - I contacted about 25 in all.

I think Hope are asking for a lot in regards to what we should be observing. Im also finding the science activity hard to complete, a lot of children feel uncomfortable answering questing one on one with a new adult- it must feel like they are being observed and assessed.

I might change it and complete the questions with groups of children instead, hopefully it will be less intimidating and more fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am also starting the PGCE primary this year and I've only managed to get 5 days in a school eek! But when I rang up the woman said I could just make it up in the year which is good! But I still haven't bought all the books, has everybody read them all? Also does anybody know anything about induction week? I haven't heard anything from hope all summer which is annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I've give the subject books a read but I'm yet to make a start on the other two. I found them useful, especially the phonics and science books I have been away from these subject the longest.

I'm spending my time now reading all of the reports etc that are mentioned within the pink slip/preliminary booklet and trying to relate it all to my school observations. - Some of them are lengthy and are taken me a while to digest.

I received an email a few days ago containing our induction timetable but its still unclear to me when and where we all first meet? There is also a yearly timetable showing lectures/placements in your account via Hope's website - this is the site you used to registered for the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had their personal timetable yet? I've had a link to the one online (which is wrong, unless we're on a teaching placement on Easter Monday!). I'm guessing there will be a personal one with room numbers etc? I haven't got a clue what I'm meant to be doing on Monday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm also confused about the timetable because I was sent one that didn't have any room number or times, and the personal one on the srm doesn't seem to work.

max

ReputationRep:
    For the preliminary observations, does anyone know if we actually have to use the appendix sheets they have given us, or can we just write it up in our own way using the sheets as a guide?

ReputationRep:
    My table @ https://info.hope.ac.uk/sup/login.php shows the below for Monday;

09:00-10:00
    PRIPPM002
    Ipd Lecture
    Mr Arthur Kelly
    Room: LTCA

ReputationRep:
    Nothing here in regards to enrolment :-(. Got all of the placement sorted but unsure as to what the requirements of the 'tasks' are. The booklet is not very clear in places! Anyone know where we meet on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    Have you registered online?

ReputationRep:
    Sorted now. Rang the Uni and worked it all out. Just counting down the days now ...

ReputationRep:
    Glad its all sorted

I start my two days in high school today and I've no idea what to expect!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.