Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FOOD AND DRINK: The TSR McDonald's Munchie Championship! Watch

ReputationRep:
    omg omg apple pie please apple pie!
    Amazing price too! I've always ordered one with my meals, always, it'd be a sign of rudeness to not vote for it!
    Apple pie!

ReputationRep:
    Apple pie nom

ReputationRep:
    Love me some Apple Pie!

ReputationRep:
    Apple pie! I like the idea of the salad, but I have never got one

ReputationRep:
    Apple pie! I've never ordered a salad in McDs. Those apple pies are AMAZING, I love the crunchiness of the outside and then the really hot, sugary apple middle omg :coma:

ReputationRep:
    HOT APPLE PIE WINS!

Want to know a little titbit of pointless trivia? In AMERICA, of all places, McDonalds altered the recipe of their Apple Pies to a baked pastry crust, as opposed to the deep fried pastry we have here - because it was just too unhealthy. Apparently, we Brits are embracing the deep-fried love a bit more!!

Far, far more than SALAD, anyway! Awa' ye go, Grilled Chicken and Bacon Salad - Awa' wi' ye!

ReputationRep:
    Oh salad, you never stood a chance.

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT;

SUGAR RING DOUGHNUT takes on FRUIT BAG!

It's not as clear-cut as it seems - it's not virtuosity versus decadence here! The McDonalds Sugar Ring Doughnut is one of their longest-serving items on the menu (believe it or not it was the fifth item introduced to the menu, ever!). On the other hand, the Fruit Bag was introduced alongside all of the "healthier option" sides when McDonalds had their brand overhaul - you can choose Carrot Fries, Fruit Bag or Side Salad instead of French Fries as your meal side for no extra charge. But do you?

ReputationRep:
    Fruit bag- I tried the doughnut once but it was really dry =/

ReputationRep:
    i vote: sugar doughnut. i remember the grapes in the fruit bag tasting strange...

ReputationRep:
    sugar doughnut

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I don't like super sugary things and when they stopped doing the chocolate doughnut one I wanted to cry. So, I'm voting for the fruit bag as a way to have my revenge against them for removing that choc doughnut!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Save the fruit bag. You can get a doughnut from a few places, but not many fast food places do fruit

ReputationRep:
    I laugh at the idea of even voting fruit bag, why not buy a whole apple for the same price. Sugar doughnut is quite nice and for something plain, it's a good sweet treat. Doughnut gets my vote.

ReputationRep:
    The McDonalds fruit bags are not as good as the Boots ones and who doesn't like doughnuts? Never actually had a McDonalds one but I'm voting for the doughnut all the same.

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree with Melissa. Donut wins for me.

ReputationRep:
    Fruit bag, you get a lot better doughnuts elsewhere and I'm not a chip eater so fruit is sometimes the way :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Doughnut

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    doughnut!! always use to get them free with the monopoly thing, love them so much

ReputationRep:
    SUGAR RING DOUGHNUT WINS!

It was closer than I expected up against yon fruity bag, but the Dough comes Through. I know that doesn't rhyme, but the words ARE similar.

What? Oh, okay. Let me try again.

*ahem* Okay, read this like a Weegie, okay?

A man walks into Mcdonalds and picks up a Sugar Ring Doughnut and asks, "Is this a Doughnut, or a Meringue?"
    The weegie McDonalds staff looks, then replies, "No, you're correct. It's a Doughnut."

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.