The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by shannanclark_
personally I don't like lana del ray she's really depressing and nandos is way too overrated for it's own good. I'd rather listen to radio 2 than other radio stations and some people really shouldn't be allowed Facebook.

yes. yes yes yes.
Ok, I think all women of different creeds, colours and nationalities are beautiful.
(edited 10 years ago)
I do LOVE Friends!
(edited 10 years ago)
Melodic Death Metal and Deathcore are amazing and thought-provoking genres of music.
Sex is overrated.
Football is confusing.

inb4 2edgy4me o3o
Soldiers are not heroes! They're murderers!
Reply 85
People who are unemployed for no good reason *(and on benefits) and who don't have a physical disability or young children should have to work in a factory that generates energy by stationary bicycles in order to keep their benefits.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Cinnie
People who are unemployed for no good reason and who don't have a physical disability or young children should have to work in a factory that generates energy by stationary bicycles in order to keep their benefits.

Why are you assuming if someone is unemployed they must be on benefits? Does it only apply to them?
Original post by Der_Linguist
Soldiers are not heroes! They're murderers!

Technically, they're both.
Original post by ddaappoo
yes. yes yes yes.

Haha!! Glad we are on the same page lol!
Reply 89
Original post by redz0r
I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

Here's some of my mine (don't be offended)

Fight club is massively overrated
So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote

Men actually say this? Oh dear, perhaps some of you shouldn't vote yourselves.

I was actually interested in your opinions up until I read that. Now you just seem like an idiot. Care to share an explanation?
Original post by AeneasBK
I'm having to fight the temptation to make a new account called "AeneasDearOldMum" and start to contribute to this thread.

Anyway, I'm white, the world WOULD be a safer place for me if Hitler had won :P

Hey son,

what are you saying about me all your lovely young friends? :perv:
Original post by slacker07906
Technically, they're both.

What makes them heroes? Of course, it is all subjective and context dependent. But, take British presence in the middle east, they're not preforming heroic tasks, they're ensuring the death of incident people - for what? Oil...
Original post by tufto
the arts are a more important pursuit than the sciences.

l o l
Reply 93
Not sure if this is a unpopular opinion but I believe life is better without facebook. I deleted mine in January this year and I am actually so much happier without it, in a bizarre way.

Original post by officelinebacker
There should be a system of Government controlled breeding licenses in place.

Before anybody could be grated a license to breed they would need to undergo a series of tests and evaluations to make sure that they will make a good parent, and anybody who fails the tests is to be sterilised. The license will also include testing for the presence of any genetic problems that could potentially be passed on, detection of which will result in sterilisation also.

Anybody found to have conceived without a breeding license will have their pregnancy terminated if they are within the first 5 months of the pregnancy, and if they are beyond that point then their child will be placed in the adoption system immediately after its birth.

I think this is a little harsh (and would cause riots lol) however it would be great if something would be done about people having babies when they aren't ready. Its way too controversial though. This country really does wipe certain peoples asses. Theres way too much reward for single mothers imo haha. The frustrating thing is if you say that then people look at you like you're absolutely horrid and have no heart. My opinion is if you aren't in a stable relationship, have a home and a steady career, DONT HAVE A CHILD. Its not fair, and its ridiculous imo.

What do other governments in other countries do for single mothers, money for children, etc? The only thing I know about is Chinas one child only law which I think its pretty good
Reply 94
Most people on this thread are basically fascists, and I would probably dislike them if I met them in real life.
Original post by Der_Linguist
What makes them heroes? Of course, it is all subjective and context dependent. But, take British presence in the middle east, they're not preforming heroic tasks, they're ensuring the death of incident people - for what? Oil...

Regardless of the government reasons for entering into combat, as far as our soldiers are concerned; they are fighting to protect out Country. That's called bravery and selflessness. They are heroes.
Reply 96
Original post by playingcards
Why are you assuming if someone is unemployed they must be on benefits? Does it only apply to them?

Only mandatory for the ones on benefits, optional for those who aren't :smile:
Original post by redz0r
I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

Here's some of my mine (don't be offended)

Fight club is massively overrated
So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote

You shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Ironically, any A-Level subject with 'studies' in its name is not worth studying
Original post by slacker07906
Regardless of the government reasons for entering into combat, as far as our soldiers are concerned; they are fighting to protect out Country. That's called bravery and selflessness. They are heroes.

They're not fighting to protect our country. If they hadn't gone into war, 7/7 would not have happened - FACT. They're not selfless or brave, they're doing it because it's a job, with a wage. Besides, they know the reasons for entering into war and the army, and why the government is, too. So, are they ignorant to the truth, or just beyond caring? How can they possibly be protecting our country? Killing incident civilians doesn't protect us in the slightest, which is what they spend their time doing. If I travel to the middle east, and kill some people, am I a hero? No - I am a killer.

The only people who protect are country work in the secret services, and by god, I take my hat of to them.

Quick Reply

Latest