Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmcn1)
    I'm in that flat ! Bedroom B
    Nice one! I'm in Bedroom A

ReputationRep:
    yet to decide if am to get the school's accomodation or a private accomodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am coming to Scotland for my post graduate program so if am not mistaking I will be in the merchiston campus of Edinburgh Napier university

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny815b)
    Blackford Hills House
    Block P2
    Floor 2
    F9
    I'm in that flat

ReputationRep:
    I'm in 3 Bainfield place, Blackford Hills House, Block P2, Floor 4 Flat 15.. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamMacciD)
    Nice one! I'm in Bedroom A
    Nice ! What is it your studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmcn1)
    Nice ! What is it your studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm studying Interactive Media Design, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamMacciD)
    I'm studying Interactive Media Design, you?
    Cool I'm doing music

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackzeus)
    yet to decide if am to get the school's accomodation or a private accomodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am to decide as well :/ I'm not sure what would be more affordable. I'm quite appealed to the idea of living in a private shared flat honestly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chulio)
    I am to decide as well :/ I'm not sure what would be more affordable. I'm quite appealed to the idea of living in a private shared flat honestly..
    I lived in a private flat last year & it was great, my flat mates were lovely ! The only thing about private accommodation in Edinburgh is all the good reasonably priced ones go quite quickly, so I'd start looking ASAP before it's all gone ! It is a lot cheaper than halls too but it just depends what you are looking for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmcn1)
    Cool I'm doing music

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice one!

ReputationRep:
    I can't agree more.......the problem is getting the shared flat around the merchiston campus within my range

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmcn1)
    I lived in a private flat last year & it was great, my flat mates were lovely ! The only thing about private accommodation in Edinburgh is all the good reasonably priced ones go quite quickly, so I'd start looking ASAP before it's all gone ! It is a lot cheaper than halls too but it just depends what you are looking for

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When you say a lot cheaper, what range of price are you talking about? Am hoping to get a shared flat around the merchiston campus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When you say a lot cheaper, what range of price are you talking about? Am hoping to get a shared flat around the merchiston campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They range from around £340 to £450 a month not including bills.. Still cheaper than £500 odd a month in halls. Flats around merchiston campus go quickly due to the fact it's mostly students.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmcn1)
    They range from around £340 to £450 a month not including bills.. Still cheaper than £500 odd a month in halls. Flats around merchiston campus go quickly due to the fact it's mostly students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow...... That's alright, I will start preparing as soon as am done with my visa application, I will be grateful if you can forward me some sites to get the best deals at a reasonable price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmcn1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep youre right, in fact, i am looking for flats day and night :eek:
    The point is my conditional offer was not turned conditional yet, because my school here in Italy was late on giving me all the necessary to satisfy the entry requirements, so I still cant apply for halls and I dont know how it works, it could be possible that almost all the available rooms are already given :/

ReputationRep:
    I can't agree more.......the problem is getting the shared flat around the merchiston campus within my range

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know it is a bit harsh to find a low priced flat.. I found out one which is quite cheap, 350£pm all bills included. I don't know what you budget is, but this is quite appealing eheh

ReputationRep:
    yep youre right, in fact, i am looking for flats day and night :eek:
    The point is my conditional offer was not turned conditional yet, because my school here in Italy was late on giving me all the necessary to satisfy the entry requirements, so I still cant apply for halls and I dont know how it works, it could be possible that almost all the available rooms are already given :/
    Don't worry, according to the Accommodation page on the website it says you are guaranteed accommodation if you live outside Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milly994)
    Floor 2 flat 3! Haven't been able to find many Block Q people let alone anyone from my flat yet lol!
    Floor 2,F3, Bedroom D, Block Q... You've found one now I guess....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmcn1)
    Don't worry, according to the Accommodation page on the website it says you are guaranteed accommodation if you live outside Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is supernice! Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 6, 2013
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.