Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by dakenSoren)
    For 4b ii) evaluated it as lim n -> infinity 12/n = 0 therefore it is
    (0) - (-12/a) = 3 therefore a = 4, as I forgot the square sign on the a and left it as a = 4 how many marks would I lose for this?
    Drop 1.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jamestyrue)
    How many marks would I lose for Q6ii for putting 17.139 or whatever the exact answer was? Stupid error I know
    Drop 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Drop 1.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the solutions Mr M, guessing I got 69-70 which is a bit less than I hoped for (100 UMS).

What do you guys think the boundaries will be? It was 54 for an A in January 2013 and I felt that this paper was nearly as hard. I reckon 56 for an A, 49/50 for a B etc. which would make 100 UMS 68ish...

ReputationRep:
    Hi do u have the question for 5?
    also if i forgot to put +k how many marks will i lose?
    also for 4)ii i got -2 will i get any marks for that?
    amd also for 6ii) i got 17.2 not 17 will i drop any?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    For the question sinx = 3cosx I stupidly squared both sides so I could use the sin^2x = 1 - cos^x.

I eventually got cosx = +/-root 0.1 however I did manage to obtain the 71.6 answer along with 3 other wrong answers!

Will I get any marks?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Mr M,

if i left my answer as (+/-) 2
    for 4ii, would i lose a mark?

and for 7ii,

I wrote out the correct method of
    Area under curve - take away the area of the triangle,

but i stupidly differentiated the curve wrong so i got the wrong equation of the tangent
    and hence my area of the triangle is slightly wrong,

How many marks does that drop?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi all - thought the paper went quite well, I agree with the numerical answers at least...

for 7ii) I did not read that it said 'exact area' and the thing I wrote down was along the lines of:
    Area = 37/30 = 1.23 (3sf)
    .. I may also have underlined the '1.23 (3sf)'
    Does anyone know if this is likely to lose me a mark?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Probably.

For 7ii), I did the integration and got the same answer, but my answer box is a HUGE mess. Think the edges all scribbled out, and a random circle of workings ( all leading to the right answer, but crap layout) Would I be likely to lose marks?

Also, would I get any marks for part 8ii) for stating the log re-arrangement laws?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Mr M! I think I only got two questions wrong but I'm not sure how many marks I've lost. For 6ii) I showed that it rearranged to get 1.3^n≤91 but I completely forgot to do the logs part to get 17.. So I left it as 1.3^n≤91

Also, for 7ii) I tried to find out the equation of the tangent to get where it crossed the x axis but I got the equation completely wrong... I then integrated the equation of the curve with the limits being what I got for the x axis intercept of the tangent and 1. Which obviously gave me the wrong answer. Would I get any working out marks??

please let me know how many marks I lost thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think question 8(ii) has a total mark of 6, instead of 5. I remember seeing it and realising that I was about to lose 6 marks -_-

It also makes the whole paper total to 72 marks (currently only adds up to 71)

Thank you for the mark scheme!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (ii) Show f(-0.5)=0 and f(x)=(2x+1)(2x-3)(x+1) (6 marks)

Thanks for the answers, if I left this in the format (2x+1) (ax^2 + bx + c) how many marks will I be likely to lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acrm)
    (ii) Show f(-0.5)=0 and f(x)=(2x+1)(2x-3)(x+1) (6 marks)

Thanks for the answers, if I left this in the format (2x+1) (ax^2 + bx + c) how many marks will I be likely to lose?
    where do u find the actual question from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aran0909)
    This link shows the questions http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2354287

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aran0909)
    Paper's on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    This is great but as soon as I walk out of the exam hall my brain wipes itself, I have no idea what answers I put down.

What are you Mr M? A sentient, quasi-physical, ethereal being who processes maths papers and procures answers instantaneously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tengo)
    This is great but as soon as I walk out of the exam hall my brain wipes itself, I have no idea what answers I put down.

What are you Mr M? A sentient, quasi-physical, ethereal being who processes maths papers and procures answers instantaneously?
    Calm down. He's teacher that has had go at the paper and puts his answers up on student room so everyone can see them dude. .

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas on what 100 UMS would be? I don't have a clue what it is on any other C2 past papers. I think it was quite a hard paper, maybe 57/58 for an A, so whatcha reckon 100% would be? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got the equation of the tangent but the limits i used 1 and 4 instead of finding the x intercept of the tangent and the x axis how many marks will i lose?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.