Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewisewoman)
    I'm sure that there is a significant difference between an "ecole" and "college"... "ecole" refers to an elementary or primary school and "college" is high school and it never mentioned "college" in the listening :/
    I think collège is high school, but école is just 'school'. either way I don't think that question is right but hopefully one mark won't make a difference!

ReputationRep:
    I was stressing so much about this exam the night before, got to 11pm and i decided to take a gamble and only learn essay points for 4 of the 12 possible topics...then 3 of the 4 i'd revised came up! sooo lucky tho i did the parents/les ados one in the end...

what was the verdict on the a/de pratiquer?

I put faux for the 10% one, as i think that's a pretty high amount :P

think i got the sufit bit wrong then; i didn't know that verb! whoops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smougii)
    Ah *******s, that's what I expected having read this, seems like the sort of thing my teacher should have told me :/

Still seems ludicrous that I get a lower mark for writing MORE good french! Frustrating but nothing I can do about it now. Thanks for your response anyway.
    Yeah kinda annoying. They should have told you. Good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    This is a probably very late post but I'm a Year 11/Just left school, so it was my first real AS exam.
    I generally thought the reading and gap fills were pleasant enough, considering the previous papers. The listening was shaky at best, but my teacher told us not to worry too much. If you look at the mark scheme, the translations are worth more. Listening is something is doesn't matter that much in this paper, since you need to listen in your orals anyway.
    I struggled with the "but" translation, I knew it meant goal but couldn't but it into the context. The swimmer and alcohol question were fine though, the alcopops was difficult question to answer, and I struggled with the health effects 'deux choses' questions. I saw comas and death often in the reading and put that there... somehow I was tempted to change and put it to liver and brain damage?
    Essay titles were good, went for a year abroad. I put "ont" instead of "en" for the listening gap fill, grr! I had a habit of putting "A.." instead of "de.." and got it wrong most times, so I went for 'de...', probably wrong now though!

Not sure whether it's a curse or a blessing, but I finished everything but the essay in the first hour. Felt I rushed it, but I did get an hour and a half to carefully craft my essay within the word count (with neat handwriting... perhaps to please the examiner).

After that exam, the oral is now my new favourite! Sadly, I'm doing AS German and Spanish with WJEC next year so I'm doomed if they keep pulling stunts like with the listening.

ReputationRep:
    To all worrying abou the gap fill: it was a NOT de according to my teacher!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the paper please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.