The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Kobe overrated tbh
Original post by Durantula
Lol Kobe isnt even near the best. Its just what people say out of respect for the Mamba's career.

The interview was from 08 or 09 when he might well have been. It's a bit harsh to say people only talk about Kobe's talent because of what he's won

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
LJ :adore:
Reply 83
Luis Scola going to the Pacers makes them an even greater team could definitely see them going to the Eastern Finals.
Original post by Baines_22
Luis Scola going to the Pacers makes them an even greater team could definitely see them going to the Eastern Finals.

They were already there :ahee:
Reply 85
Who would you guys rate as your top 10 players for next season?

I'd have:

1. Lebron- Who else?
2. KD- Durant was beast in the play offs, showed he's got even more aspects to his game after averaging crazy numbers like 30ppg, 9reb & 6 ast
3. DRose- He's got a hell of a lot to prove next season and he's been showing the right baditude for the job
4. Howard- D12 also has a lot to prove next season and I think he's going to slot in perfectly into the Rockets system
5. Westbrook- He improved his assist numbers this season and showed better defence, becoming more of an all-round PG
6. Harden- The Beard excelled in his 1st season as the main offensive weapon and so can only get better this next season
7. Parker- Tony Parker is one of the best PGs and still has a lot in the tank
8. Rondo- He's now the unquestioned leader of the Celtics and whether he likes it or not he's going to HAVE to improve his shooting and attitude. I think he's really going to excel in his new role
9. CP3- Most people say he's THE best PG, but until he shows a bit of fire in the playoffs he's still lacking that edge
10. Melo
Reply 86
Lol i love how melo is mentioned yet not commented on. Must be there by default
1. Lebron (clearly)
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Rose (him and CP3 are really interchangeable for me depending on how well Rose recovers)
5. Dwight
6. Melo
7. Harden
8. Rondo (depending on recovery)
9. Westbrook
10. Steph Curry or Tony Parker
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. D-Rose
5. Kobe (not sure how he hasn't been mentioned yet)
6. Howard
7) Irving
8) Harden
9) Westbrook
10) George

Just missed the cut: Timmy D, D Wade, Melo, Rondo, Curry.
Reply 89
1. Lebron
2. KD
3. Paul
4. Rose
5. Parker
6. Howard
7. Westbrook
8. Kobe
9. Melo
10. Harden
Reply 90
Original post by S-man10
Lol i love how melo is mentioned yet not commented on. Must be there by default

Haha I couldn't think what to say about him, cos I don't rate him that highly, but I know he deserves to be in top 10 so I just dropped him in at 10
He is deadly when he's on but that's rare :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Rose
4. CP3
5. Howard
6. Westbrook
7. Parker
8. Melo
9. Kobe
10. Harden
Reply 93
1)LBJ
2)KD
3)DRose
4)D12
5)CP3
6)Kobe
7)TP9
8)Westbrook
9)Curry
10)Melo

Damn this was harder than I thought it'd be. No Kyrie :getmecoat:
Reply 94
Original post by ThatLTUguy
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. D-Rose
5. Kobe (not sure how he hasn't been mentioned yet)
6. Howard
7) Irving
8) Harden
9) Westbrook
10) George

Just missed the cut: Timmy D, D Wade, Melo, Rondo, Curry.

Harden over Westbrook? How? Irving above Harden AND Westbrook with no Melo? O_o

1) LBJ
2) KD
3) CP3
4) DRose
5) D12
6) Parker
7) Westbrook
8) Melo
9) Kobe
10) Harden
Original post by Durantula
Harden over Westbrook? How? Irving above Harden AND Westbrook with no Melo? O_o

1) LBJ
2) KD
3) CP3
4) DRose
5) D12
6) Parker
7) Westbrook
8) Melo
9) Kobe
10) Harden

Lets not forget that this is about next season. I think the addition of Bynum(if healthy), Bennett and Clark, all of whom will make things much easier on offense for Irving, will make him more valuable to his team than Westbrook and show that he's much more than a scorer. And I just feel like Harden is also a better player than Westbrook. That being said, the playoffs showed how important Russel is for the Thunder but it's obvious he still has issues with his decision making and character.

Oh, and Melo is a chucker.
Original post by ThatLTUguy
Lets not forget that this is about next season. I think the addition of Bynum(if healthy), Bennett and Clark, all of whom will make things much easier on offense for Irving, will make him more valuable to his team than Westbrook and show that he's much more than a scorer. And I just feel like Harden is also a better player than Westbrook. That being said, the playoffs showed how important Russel is for the Thunder but it's obvious he still has issues with his decision making and character.

Oh, and Melo is a chucker.

Sounds strange but will Bennett be the starter or will they stick with Tristan? Bynum's health will be huge for the cavs.

I don't see why it's taking so long for someone to sit down with Westbrook and talk to him about his decision making on the court. I'm not sure he realises that he's playing with the best shooter in the NBA. I would agree harden is more of one to watch this year because he seems to be developing into a franchise player very quickly and with Howard in the team he has less of an excuse not to push for a good seed and have a decent play off run. I'd put the top 10 as:

1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Rose
4. CP3 (clippers need a really good post season because he doesn't have too many excuses)
5. Tony Parker
6. Howard
7. Harden
8. Westbrook
9. Melo
10. Kobe/ Wade (both really depend on health)

Posted from TSR Mobile
1) LBJ
2) KD
3) CP3
4) D12
5) Westbrook
6) Parker
7) Kobe
8) Melo
9)Harden
10) Curry
Can't put Derrick Rose in without having seen him play for over a year.
Original post by HarryJames
Sounds strange but will Bennett be the starter or will they stick with Tristan? Bynum's health will be huge for the cavs.

I don't see why it's taking so long for someone to sit down with Westbrook and talk to him about his decision making on the court. I'm not sure he realises that he's playing with the best shooter in the NBA. I would agree harden is more of one to watch this year because he seems to be developing into a franchise player very quickly and with Howard in the team he has less of an excuse not to push for a good seed and have a decent play off run. I'd put the top 10 as:

1. LBJ
2. KD
3. Rose
4. CP3 (clippers need a really good post season because he doesn't have too many excuses)
5. Tony Parker
6. Howard
7. Harden
8. Westbrook
9. Melo
10. Kobe/ Wade (both really depend on health)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like they should stick with Tristan in the starting 5 for now. That's because they have Earl Clark at the 3. Him and Bennett are similar players because they're both stretch bigs that can play at SF. It doesn't make much sense having two stretch 4s in the starting lineup. Plus Bennett could get a lot if touches playing in the 2nd unit because of his scoring ability. If you put Waiters in the starting 5 that's even more important.
Reply 99
1) lbj
2) lbj
3) lbj
4) lbj
5) lbj
6) lbj
7) lbj
8) lbj
9) lbj
10) lbj

:adore: