DENTISTRY WORK EXPERIENCE - please read before posting Watch

Gap Medics
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by a_syeda)
I'm looking for possible work placements, preferably before the UCAS 2017 Deadline for dentistry.
I'll really appreciate it if you can may know/suggest any places for dentistry experience (somewhere previously done is ideal) in Kirklees or Leeds, please message me!
Thank you!
Hi!

We can definitely help you to get dentistry work expereience before your October deadline! Our programmes in Warsaw run every week of the year and are great chance to shadow dentists with cutting-edge equipment and resources. October Half Term is also the perfect opportunity to get further work experience to talk about in your interviews - this shows that you are dedicated to your future career and willing to go that extra mile.

You can find out lots more about our placements at http://www.gapmedics.co.uk/placement...rk-experience/ and if you have any questions at all please do let us know E: [email protected]

Lauren
Gap Medics
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zainab14)
Im in the same situation. Finding it really difficult to arrange workexpeirence at dental practice. Ive done work placements in other health related places but If anyone knows a place in Preston or Lancaster that would offer placement in a dental practice please could you let me know!
Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

We know how difficult it is to get work experience - but don't worry we are here to help! Get in touch with our Student Placement Team and they can advise you on how you can shadow dentists in our partner hospital in Warsaw before your application is due! Don't forget - admissions panels will often ask about work expereience that you have completed after you have submitted your application and October Half Term is the perfect opportunity to squeeze an intensive week of shadowing before interview season starts.

You can find out lots more about our dentistry shadowing programmes here: http://www.gapmedics.co.uk/placement...rk-experience/ and if you have any questions at all just let us know on [email protected].

Speak soon - Lauren
Aaron Bernbaum
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its easy a GDP would offer NHS based treatment under the band system. A private practice might offer the same treatment but not under the band system
(Original post by Chioujia)
Hi.
I am from south-east Asia and I am not very sure about the terms used to describe different practices. May I know what's the difference between private practice and general dental practice? Thank you so much.
amarjoshi99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is medical work experience such as in an orthopedic hospital okay for dentistry? I have 1 week's worth of dental work experience so far and 1 weeks worth in which I went to 3 different hospitals and did loads of different departments.
Jitesh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amarjoshi99)
Is medical work experience such as in an orthopedic hospital okay for dentistry? I have 1 week's worth of dental work experience so far and 1 weeks worth in which I went to 3 different hospitals and did loads of different departments.
Try and get another week if you can
I've read a PS where someone got offers from universities which say 2 weeks dental work/exp but he was in a similar situation as you... but he may have just been lucky!
Aaron Bernbaum
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Some more info http://www.applyingfordentalschool.c...xperience.html
NavidRahmani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dentistry work experience is crucial to a strong dentistry application. It also helps you to decide whether Dentistry is the right career for you. It shows Universities that you are committed to studying Dentistry and have a good understanding of what being a Dentist involves.
The best way to see what a Dentist’s job involves is by doing some dentistry work experience. It will also give you lots to talk about at the interview and teach you about the different technical aspects of Dentistry.
What Types of Dentistry Work Experience Are There?
Most forms of dentistry work experience fit into the following categories. It is useful to try to complete work experience in several of the following categories:

Hospital Placements
General Dental Practice Placements
Volunteering Placements
Dental Technician Placements
Mxry
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in the UK London and I'm also looking for work experience in dentistry, but the ones I've tried have declined so far, but the others haven't responded yet. I'm 16 and I'm going to be starting my A-Levels in September
Aj53
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi ive read that you need two weeks of work experience but I was just wondering how many hours do u need to do per day of those two weeks
tarataika
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Most dental schools require two weeks of work experience in a general dental practice. Does the practice need to be run by the NHS? If the practice is private and/or not general e.g. an orthodontic practice, would working there count towards the minimum 2 weeks?
redhelen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My Dd was mainly private as NHS all said no. It was a general dental practice though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (90)
25.86%
No (258)
74.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise