Turn on thread page Beta

90s kids what was your favourite tv show growing up?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids!
    And Jeopardy on CBBC, utterly utterly terrifying! I have never known anyone else who has watched so I don't know if it's only me that found it scary!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    8 Simple Rules, Saved by the bell, Recess, H2O, That's so Raven, The Lizzie McGuire show, Unfabulous, Rugrats, Zoey 101, Arthur, Ed, Edd and Eddy... (there is probably more but that's all I think of right now haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazooie)
    The Legends of Treasure Island

Was a British cartoon that aired on CiTV from 1993-1995, although whenever I mention it to people, most of them have no idea what I'm talking about. It was basically a retelling of the Robert Louis Stevenson book with anthromorphic characters. It strayed quite far off from the book, but it was an amazing series and got quite dark as it went on. I watched it religiously when I was a kid and remembered being genuinely sad when it ended.
    This. I told my friends about it when I was at university and they thought I was crazy. I couldn't remember the name of it either. Pretty sure that there was also a magazine to go with it that came out a few years later when the show was repeated

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedyqueen)
    Mashed Potato!!!
    Look how good it was compared to the trash on Cbeebies nowadays (no I don't watch it but have seen adverts for all the new computerised rubbish!) haha

ReputationRep:
    Did "horny" mean something else back in the 90's? Watch about 10 seconds of this HTV West News programme from 7 minutes in...

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon and ace lightning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Im 18 ans had loads! Tots tv, tracy beaker, barney, bob the builder, bernads watch (my fave) , my parents are aliens, sabrina the teenage witch, arthur , hey arnold, postman pat and many many moreee! Wish everything was as simple as then.. share yours so we can relive our childhood

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The tweenies and the flinstones

ReputationRep:
    ZAP

Looney Toons, Rosie and Jim, Playdays, Rainbow

I loved blind date when I was a kid too

ReputationRep:
    Sister sister, yu-gi-oh, beyblade, dragonball z.

ReputationRep:
    Arthur :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Who knows the whole of the arthur theme tune? Good times x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or better yet - who can do the accent?

ReputationRep:
    I loved so many shows...Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, The Flintstones, Ed Edd and Eddy, Johnny Bravo, The Cramp Twins but my most favourite show had to be RUGRATS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobilina)
    Say whaaat, no i'm gonna have to watch an episode now... I assume they ruined it??
    Yes it is awful and the worst thing is I have to watch it crash and burn because my sisters like it :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    The Wonder Years + Are You Afraid of the Dark + Rocco's Modern Life + The Orig. All That

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazooie)
    Biker Mice From Mars
    I had to log in just to reply to this. Good call.

Wierdly, I suddenly thought about this programme a few months ago, when I probably haven't thought about it for a decade or more.

Was that really the title? Brilliant, it does what it says on the tin.

Did it always make you think: "If the metal arm is so awesome, why not have 2?"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    Yes it is awful and the worst thing is I have to watch it crash and burn because my sisters like it :cry2:
    Now that certainly sucks but you just reminded me of another favourite.

BRUM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quaveralien)
    When I was little:

Pingu, Postman Pat, Tots Tv, Peggy Patch, The Wombles, Magic Roundabout

and then Jungle Run, My Parents are Aliens, Power rangers, Zorro, the Smurfs, Sabrina, The Worst Witch, The Raccoons, Even Stevens, Tracy Beaker, Fresh Prince, Rugrats, Lizzie Mcguire :cry2:

tv was so much better when we were kids
    THIS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel sorry for my sister everytime i see her watching the crap they put on TV nowadays. Why on earth did they replace tracy beaker with tracy beaker returns?! None of the characters are the same!! Thats one show they shouldve just left alone..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *facepalm*

Although a 1999 guy isn't a '90s kid', neither are you really if you're just 18 :|

But if you meant those who were born in the 90s, then I'd say Rugrats, K&K and Sabrina were my favorites when I was younger.

ReputationRep:
    There were so many! Playdays, Andy Pandy, Pingu, Postman Pat, Rosie & Jim, Tots TV, The Singing Kettle, Rainbow, Wizadora, Animaniacs, SuperTed, Bucky O'Hare, Hey Arnold, Sonic the Hedgehog, Top Cat, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Pinky and the Brain, Fun House, Bernard's Watch, Alvin & the Chipmunks, The Worst Witch, My Parents are Aliens, Zzzap!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.