Why did you and an ex break up? any regrets? Watch

saraw26
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Other people. At least she says. She was jealous of my ex. Also because of her faith. Things we did she felt guilty about. Plus she's a bit nuts and has had 5 boyfriends since we split up in December.
ohh that doesn't sound good. Probably best being out of that then
3mma_gal96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't even know (I know, how lame is that?)
He chased me and said all the usual "you're perfect/amazing" etc, and suddenly met up with me saying he "didn't think it was working out". We'd only dated 2 and a half months. At the time I'd moved out down my nan's because I was having trouble at home and maybe he thought I was a problem or issue ridden individual. However, my sister's boyfriend's mum knows my ex's mum, and she said she is pushy etc, and it's possible he was discouraged (or forced not) to date until he'd done his exams (he broke up with me 2 weeks before exams started).
Ahhh well, still confused 2 months on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Benton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh absolutely. The beauty of hindsight is that you can address everything that went wrong and allow you to see what it was you did to make things go so horribly wrong once it is all over.

Simply put a few years ago, when it ended, I was an *******. We dated for 4 years. I was in love, I was happy, but I still didn't give her the respect she deserved. I never cheated on her but I didn't take her considerations into my life in the way I should have.

If anything I'd love to just be able to say "I'm sorry" but as it is we're not talking.

Shame really.
HashimKF
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We had a couple breakups. First time I got dumped because she had family issues going on at the time + working 2 jobs. The relationship had just started and it was at that point where it was easy to go back to being friends which was kind of necessary as we were moving in to a house together next year with housemates. After about a month in the house we got back together.

Come christmas time we had a pretty mutual breakup. I just kind of went along with her reasons as I thought if I told the truth about my reasons it would hurt her pretty badly.

My reasons: - We were both muslim but I was in the process of turning atheist.
- She was ridiculously selfish at times and I felt like there was no mutual respect
- She also lied about true intentions of the relationship making me fall deeper than I should have.
- I also hated her scum father who used to beat her yet I felt that she would always side with him.
- We lived together yet there were days where I wouldn't even see her she would just be in her room. It came to the point where she only came to me when she was depressed or some ****. Needless to say for a first relationship this was far too much and was making me fail my year constantly taking care of her, helping her with her work and everything else in her life while getting nothing in return.
- She would say she had no money to go on dates yet she would spend about 100-200 a week on clothes. Her parents also pay for pretty much everything.

Her reasons: - She refused to make an effort.
- Apparently it was hard to see each other

She then wanted to get back together a few times but it never really happened.
Glad I'm shot of that relationship. A lot of lessons learned.
saraw26
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3mma_gal96)
I don't even know (I know, how lame is that?)
He chased me and said all the usual "you're perfect/amazing" etc, and suddenly met up with me saying he "didn't think it was working out". We'd only dated 2 and a half months. At the time I'd moved out down my nan's because I was having trouble at home and maybe he thought I was a problem or issue ridden individual. However, my sister's boyfriend's mum knows my ex's mum, and she said she is pushy etc, and it's possible he was discouraged (or forced not) to date until he'd done his exams (he broke up with me 2 weeks before exams started).
Ahhh well, still confused 2 months on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you get chance to talk it through? Maybe you should meet up and see now exams should be over

Posted from TSR Mobile
saraw26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Benton)
Oh absolutely. The beauty of hindsight is that you can address everything that went wrong and allow you to see what it was you did to make things go so horribly wrong once it is all over.

Simply put a few years ago, when it ended, I was an *******. We dated for 4 years. I was in love, I was happy, but I still didn't give her the respect she deserved. I never cheated on her but I didn't take her considerations into my life in the way I should have.

If anything I'd love to just be able to say "I'm sorry" but as it is we're not talking.

Shame really.
I agree, hindright is a strange thing.

Sounds like a shame yeah :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
saraw26
Rep:
?
(Original post by HashimKF)
We had a couple breakups. First time I got dumped because she had family issues going on at the time + working 2 jobs. The relationship had just started and it was at that point where it was easy to go back to being friends which was kind of necessary as we were moving in to a house together next year with housemates. After about a month in the house we got back together.

Come christmas time we had a pretty mutual breakup. I just kind of went along with her reasons as I thought if I told the truth about my reasons it would hurt her pretty badly.

My reasons: - We were both muslim but I was in the process of turning atheist.
- She was ridiculously selfish at times and I felt like there was no mutual respect
- She also lied about true intentions of the relationship making me fall deeper than I should have.
- I also hated her scum father who beats her yet I felt that she would always side with him.
- We lived together yet there were days where I wouldn't even see her she would just be in her room. It came to the point where she only came to me when she was depressed or some ****. Needless to say for a first relationship this was far too much and was making me fail my year constantly taking care of her, helping her with her work and everything else in her life while getting nothing in return.
- She would say she had no money to go on dates yet she would spend about 100-200 a week on clothes. Her parents also pay for pretty much everything.

Her reasons: - She refused to make an effort.
- Apparently it was hard to see each other

She then wanted to get back together a few times but it never really happened.
Glad I'm shot of that relationship. A lot of lessons learned.
Yeah, sounds like a lot of issues that you don't really want to be dealing with

Posted from TSR Mobile
username865376
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I came to Australia on a student exchange, and he was graduating university and moving to another city somewhere else in the UK. We thought it'd be best to breakup, and on the whole, it was probably the best decision. I miss him every now and again, but I don't regret how it ended.
HashimKF
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by saraw26)
Yeah, sounds like a lot of issues that you don't really want to be dealing with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. Would just like to correct myself. Her father used to beat her. as far as I'm aware not any more so edited my post. Still scum though.
saraw26
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aek-94)
I came to Australia on a student exchange, and he was graduating university and moving to another city somewhere else in the UK. We thought it'd be best to breakup, and on the whole, it was probably the best decision. I miss him every now and again, but I don't regret how it ended.
Aww that's quite sad. Do you still keep in touch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
saraw26
Rep:
?
(Original post by HashimKF)
Yeah. Would just like to correct myself. Her father used to beat her. as far as I'm aware not any more so edited my post. Still scum though.
Even so, that's awful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username865376
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aww that's quite sad. Do you still keep in touch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We both said that we wanted to remain in contact with each other, due to the nature of the breakup, but neither of us have really stuck to that plan. We have the occasional chat on Facebook when we're both online, but being 9 hours ahead in terms of time zones can take quite a toll on communications.
LJStudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We started going out when we were 13/14, had sex when we were 14, then she got very clingy and I had to break it off. Then she followed me around for the next 3 years taking all the same subjects as me (same GCSEs and A-Levels) and now we're on summer break so I can totally ignore her - it's great In hindsight we were both way too young to be doing stuff like that...
LJStudent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh, and she cheated on me with 3 different guys and lied about it :L Very glad I don't have to talk to her ever again.
Benton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree, hindright is a strange thing.

Sounds like a shame yeah :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
We live and learn. Me of today is better than the me of yesterday and hopefully one day I can see her and say "Sorry I was such a tool".
AmyLH
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It was an ldr and we were both still quite young so we struggled to get together as we were both skint. I had to end it quite a few times cause the other person just kept acting as if nothing had happened which was a bit awkward. I just felt like they was a lot more into the relationship than I was which made me feel guilty all the time. I'm moving a lot closer for uni and we've kinda stayed in touch with texts etc so we'll see what happens
Alpharius
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For my first gf, her family were moving back to Australia. We were both 16, and neither of us saw a point in a LDR at that age. Was a shame, very mature for her age, been dating for a year.

The last girl cheated on me and dumped me via text before I found out. I don't have much luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
IShootLikeAGirl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1, he was a manwhore
2, he liked almost everyone i know whilst i was with him
3, he was a massive flirt
4, he tried to get with a friend of mine whilst i was with him
5, such a manwhore.... :closedeyes:
6, i lost interest

#noregrets
Anonymous #7
Report 5 years ago
We were together for two years, it was a LDR. Started off well but turned into him not respecting my boundaries, emotionally blackmailing me into doing sexual things, was generally a horrible guy. Cheated on me with two different girls, when I confronted him he said "yeah but I know I cant be with them so what is your problem?" ... always talked about how perfect other girls were, one in particular and told me how I should be more like that. Basically if I met him now, I'd love to kick him in the goonies

Regrets: The whole relationship, should have never got involved with him.

I'm happy with my current partner now, (although we just had an argument :facepalm:) and hope to marry him some day, he still gives me butterflies almost 2 years later
username447608
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
caught him in bed with another girl who was his flatmate. He didnt even show any remorse he never once said sorry he even had the cheek to come to me for 'relationship' advice when she decided to go back to her boyfriend rather than stick with him. He made me feel like ****, i felt insecure ugly and like i was never good enough. I doubted my whole entire self throughtout that relationship. Only afterwards i realised how much id changed as a person id say sorry after everything i said i was over emotional i was just a wreck.

My only regret is that i didnt follow my gut instinct when i had a suspicion he was cheating and confronted him he denied it and i believed him i wish id dumpe dhim there and then and saved myself the heartache
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.89%
No - I got the required grades (100)
57.47%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.64%

Watched Threads