Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maverick2518)
    Hi.

I'm only applying to brighton this year. I'm pretty sure they mentioned it at the open day 😭. Have the scrapped it all together then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went to the open day and I think its still going on at Brighton. I recall them testing for:

- Grip strength
    - Back strength (I think one of the paramedics mentioned 100kg? Though I may have dreamt that)

I dont remember there being a bleep test, but I took on so much information I can't remember everything. It would make sense to test for that too though.

Regardless, I get the impression that maybe the ambulance services dont see it as importance. This is evident by some places supposedly scrapping it. Someone at the open day told me that one individual failed it and they let that person do it again.

There is no harm in training for it anyway, fictional or not.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I want to study paramedical science and I was wondering if anyone has any idea of the timetable we may have and are placements only on weekends or do you have to go out on placements on weekdays as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobish)
    Hi I want to study paramedical science and I was wondering if anyone has any idea of the timetable we may have and are placements only on weekends or do you have to go out on placements on weekdays as well
    Most universities do block release in the case of edge hill it is 50/50 (min 750/750 hours a year) so about two weeks theory and two weeks on the road. On the road placements you work what ever your mentor works this is nights, bank holidays weekends and mid week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maverick2518)
    Hi.

I'm only applying to brighton this year. I'm pretty sure they mentioned it at the open day ������. Have the scrapped it all together then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i know edgehill, UCLAN, SHEFFIELD AND LIVERPOOL HAVE, AND THEY SAID MOST UNIS WOULD FOLLOW AND DROP THE FITNESS TEST AS ITS A REQUIRMENT OF THE AMBULANCE SERVICE AND YOUR NOT EMPLOYED BY THEM

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an offer from hertfordshire. Just got mine today after having the interview yesterday. Pretty shocked but really excited. Just looking to meet people who will be there too next year?? X

Good luck to everyone else. X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittycat95)
    Anyone had an offer from hertfordshire. Just got mine today after having the interview yesterday. Pretty shocked but really excited. Just looking to meet people who will be there too next year?? X

Good luck to everyone else. X
    Yay! Well done! Messaged you back :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm a UWE applicant. Have an interview 15th January. Along with also a fitness test. Which is 10 minutes CPR and a 15kg bag lift up and down some stairs. Not mega fit. But hoping this won't be issue.

any experiences of UWE interviews?

Best of luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an offer/interview from worcester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealMia)
    Has anyone had an offer/interview from worcester?
    Yes I have an offer for 2014 from the interviews for 2013 for worcester

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I've just been told that I have an interview on he 22nd of January for Paramedics at UWE.
    I'm afraid I'm not experienced in 'the UWE paramedics interview', but I would be interested to know how it goes. I mean what are they going to talk to you about for 45 minutes?? That is a vey long time to be interviewed for, should I be preparing an interview mindmap or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hill100)
    Hi guys, I'm a UWE applicant. Have an interview 15th January. Along with also a fitness test. Which is 10 minutes CPR and a 15kg bag lift up and down some stairs. Not mega fit. But hoping this won't be issue.

any experiences of UWE interviews?

Best of luck to everyone!
    Hey,
    I've just been told that I have an interview on he 22nd of January for Paramedics at UWE.
    I'm afraid I'm not experienced in 'the UWE paramedics interview', but I would be interested to know how it goes. I mean what are they going to talk to you about for 45 minutes?? That is a vey long time to be interviewed for, should I be preparing an interview mindmap or something?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at cov or worcester? I have one next month and wondered what the layout is (especially the literacy test). Also if anyone has any tips for in the interview? Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steven.C)
    Yes I have an offer for 2014 from the interviews for 2013 for worcester
    Hey, How was the interview? What type of questions did they ask? Also what was the group task like? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey boys and girls, I'm at bournemouth at the moment studying paramedic science, so if any of you are interested/ have questions about BU give me a shout

ReputationRep:
    Hi what questions did they ask at interview? I have one next week :/ thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have applied to plymouth university to study paramedic science degree and wondered if anybody else has?

I previously have studied nursing but have been working as a pharmacy dispenser for the last 3 years

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone got an interview at Sheffield Hallam on 10th Feb??

ReputationRep:
    So everybody, how are the interviews going!? I'm still waiting for dates with mine, but anyone who's had one and has pointers of how to prepare and an insight into the questions they ask, I'm sure it would be beneficial to everyone following this thread!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewperry1982)
    Hi

I have applied to plymouth university to study paramedic science degree and wondered if anybody else has?

I previously have studied nursing but have been working as a pharmacy dispenser for the last 3 years
    Hi, anyone who has firmed Plymouth to study paramedic this year (2014), I have set up a facebook group called plymouth paramedic practitioner 2014 cohort.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Been invited to an interview at Greenwich Avery Hill campus on 6th March, anyone else got this date?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.