Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got this offer! where else have you applied too?
    Yay, that's awesome! I've applied to Aston, Manchester and Leeds. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous83)
    Hi guys, I also want to do Audiology, hoping to send my application of next week, but I'm very worried about whether I'll get any offers, I've got some work experience at a charity for the deaf and some with working with people with learning disabilities. My predicted grades are A*CC or A*CD, in sociology, psychology and biology. Has anyone got any replies so far?
    Where are you applying to? Most of the time they take the experience more heavily into account so I'm pretty sure you'll get some offers ^^

I've applied for Southampton, Leeds and Aston, sent my application of about two weeks ago. Still awaiting a reply (so nerve-racking XD)

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off today :-) I've applied at Leeds, Manchester, Aston, DMU and Middlesex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got AAB from Southampton with a written account of a placement at an audiology department ^^ Sod the other two, this is what I wanted. ~happeh~

ReputationRep:
    Just got AAB from Southampton with a written account of a placement at an audiology department ^^ Sod the other two, this is what I wanted. ~happeh~
    Yay!! So happy for you

ReputationRep:
    I received a conditional offer of 300 UCAS points from DMU. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I received a conditional offer of 300 UCAS points from DMU. :-)
    That's great! any other replies?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone not sent their application yet? I don't want to be the only one who hasn't!

ReputationRep:
    I havent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RKAUR)
    I havent
    Which unis are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    I still havent sent off my off yet either. I dont know what to apply for my last choice, so I thought that I apply for Speech and Language Therapy At Reading University however I'm finding it very difficult because my personal statement is mainly based on audiology. And Help as to how I can do that????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhodriL)
    Which unis are you applying for?
    Aston, Manch, Leeds, Southampton and DMU ... Want to go Aston but dont think they will accept because i only have CCC. Need to find out if they were in clearing this year for Audiology

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know which universities (if any) interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliejonplatt)
    I know Manchester and Middlesex interview. Leeds and Aston mention on their websites that they interview too. But maybe someone else can clarify!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone got anymore offers/ interviews - middlesex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliejonplatt)
    I only had an interview from manch. Leeds and aston interviewed people who were doing btech and those who had anything below a c as predicted.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, the southampton admissions officer told me they don't interview so it's probably just manchester

ReputationRep:
    also how quickly should i expect to hear back from the unis once ucas had been sent off?

ReputationRep:
    Different unis reply at different times. Southampton is usually very quick, I got mine about 2 weeks and a bit after I sent my application off, I think? I just got another from Aston so that's about 4 and a bit weeks?
    I'm not sure about the others but usually you'll hear within 2 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by am-mtj)
    Different unis reply at different times. Southampton is usually very quick, I got mine about 2 weeks and a bit after I sent my application off, I think? I just got another from Aston so that's about 4 and a bit weeks?
    I'm not sure about the others but usually you'll hear within 2 months.
    That's a relief, I just sent mine last Thursday and was wondering if every uni was rejecting me. Didn't realise it took that much time to get a reply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.