Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did I scare him by telling him I was in love with him? watch

I sent him this reply "you know what I said yesterday I think I may have got confused with the whole love thing my own feelings. I do like you a lot I didn't mean to scare you but I honestly said it in the heat of the moment. Do you still like me . I really think we should meet up and talk it through it'd be easier"

ReputationRep:
    well at least he told you how he felt which was decent of him. i hope you meet up and everything goes well for you.

What did he mean by what he said? the "I didn't want a relationship until I met you" was what I sent back to him okay or would I have made it worse? Maybe he's afraid of his feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What did he mean by what he said? the "I didn't want a relationship until I met you" was what I sent back to him okay or would I have made it worse? Maybe he's afraid of his feelings.
    i think it's more that he wants to meet you first and see you before he commits to a relationship. it's fine being able to talk through online messaging etc but in real life it's different. i can understand why he wants to see you before he starts anything, it's only natural.

He's taking so long to reply back I really hope I didn't mess things up thats the last thing I wanted to do.

(Original post by yazgilbert)
    i think it's more that he wants to meet you first and see you before he commits to a relationship. it's fine being able to talk through online messaging etc but in real life it's different. i can understand why he wants to see you before he starts anything, it's only natural.
    We have met already in person like 6/7 times we're not like in a online relationship. We met after about 4/5days and got together about a week after we met and continued to meet once a week.

ReputationRep:
    he might be busy don't worry too much. you'll be fine.

I just hope he meets up and doesn't decide not to meet me. I don't really want to discuss it over text.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope he meets up and doesn't decide not to meet me. I don't really want to discuss it over text.
    try not to worry too much. maybe he doesn't want to say important things over text etc, maybe he wants to do it all in person.

This line confuses me ." I'm afraid of hurting you and myself I'm just confused"
    Is he afraid of falling for me or he's worried I'm going to cheat or something.

ReputationRep:
    idk what he means by that.. it could be that he doesn't want to hurt you or be hurt. but tbh i have no idea. :/ sorry for not being able to help you out.

This all just so annoying he's been online again and not said anything .

ReputationRep:
    lads are idiots, so don't worry about it. if it's meant to be then it will, otherwise i'm sure you'll find someone else. chin up doll.

I'm gonna send this " I just want us to talk thats all even if it's just 5/10minutes just to talk it through thats all"

ReputationRep:
    He sent me this text now "I'm going to be honest pet. This is scaring me how fast things are going with us . I really had no intention of getting into a relationship until I met you. I dunno what it is. I'm afraid of hurting you and myself I'm just confused"

I text him back saying I may have said the whole love thing in the heat if the moment and asked to meet up.
    To be completely honest this really doesn't sound good to me I would not say this to someone I intended on staying with. I'll say initially that it's almost definitely not your fault, yes you sent a text that probably made his feelings worse but he has said similar to you before, which obv would make you think that sort of thing was okay to say.

What is he confused about? Whether he wants to be with you as a person? Or whether he wants to be single or in a relationship? If it's that he wants to be single so badly that he's sending you stuff like this then I don't think you should stay with him anyway. When you meet someone you really like and click with then worrying about being single is usually not on the agenda, you deserve something better than this!

I hope it ends up ok for you either way though, whatever happens :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Just read through all of this. I really think you need to calm down, stop worrying, take a step back and think about what you really want and what you really feel. This isn't about what people on here have said you want, or what he wants, it's what YOU want, which is something only you can answer. Before you have the whole conversation with him, you need to figure that out (I'm not saying you should ignore him, but have some thinking time and it will give him chance to have a think too). Then, I really think it's important you both meet up and discuss your feelings and possibly other issues face to face and see if you're both heading in the same direction. At least then you'll both know where you stand. And really, stop checking and counting how many times he's been on the dating website or is online on Whatsapp or whatever. It's not healthy and it's not a good factor to carry on into the relationship, if that's where you're both headed. If you decide to split, (I'm not saying you will but worst case scenario) it's been an experience - learn from it Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

He's not replying now I don't know what to say I'm really confused.
    I don't know what to say there's things I really want to say to him.
    I feel like saying this " I think what happened with us is we have clicked right from the start I didn't expect it to turn into anything neither did you. We did rush things and we did get together very quickly. To be honest I am really confused as you are. you've made me the happiest i've been in a while and I know I did the same to you. All I'm saying is i think we'd be crazy to stop all this now . I don't know what else to say but I hope it's not from whatever I said yesterday to make you think this. "

He hasn't been online again since I sent the "I just want us to meet thats all even if it's for 5/10 minutes. Do you want to?"

ReputationRep:
    I think he just wanted to get laid. Some guys say the craziest things for some pussy.

He was online twice again now.

" I think the best thing to do is we should meet tomorrow this way it gives us both some time to think everything through and we can meet and discuss it all tomorrow. Like i'm confused too "

or what should i send to him or will I just wait is he just thinking or was that his way of telling me it's over.

ReputationRep:
    Seems more like infatuation than love with it being so fast.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.