Turn on thread page Beta
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    It gives ppl a headache having sex with the lights on :confused:? Also, it might be easier to have sex with one night stands, you never intend on seeing again, because you just want to have sex, not admire their physique or sth, and in many cases this isn't a possibility because a chick has basically, hooked up with every Tom, **** and Harry, and they are not exactly eligible bachelors or sth!

(Original post by Apocrypha)
    Im gonna be brutally honest, if i havent trimmed my hairs, its lights off for sure.
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    I like to do it during the day but when at night definitely some lighting. During one pitch-black encounter with my ex, I accidentally headbutted her at a crucial moment. She was genuinely quite hurt and it was absolutely mortifying.

ReputationRep:
    Lights off, socks on. It's how the pros do it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Lights off, socks on. It's how the pros do it.
    Nice name ! But then what do you do with the socks afterwards from all the sweat....and stuff that trickles down your...legs :confused: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    I was thinking this. If it's morning sex, I'm not going to pause the moment, get up and turn the lights on before having sex.

If they happen to be on when it starts then they're probably going to stay on.

The exception would be if I've lit candles though.. candles and lights no worky!
    I'm pretty much the same too - whatever state the lights are in when we feel like doing it. I generally prefer being able to see his face at least though.

I've been put off using candles after a guy in my halls at uni set his bed on fire with them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well me and my boyfriend haven't had sex yet but when we are intimate we usually have the lights off. i guess it's more comfortable as we're not completely confident being seen completely naked with the lights on yet. I for one like to have a dim light on, like a lamp faced away from us because it's so much more emotional to see his face and his expression and i like him to see my face too, it's so much more loving that way. Sometimes we are intimate too in the morning when there is natural light and i like that because i can see him, only so long as we are under the blankets though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fashion Girl)
    Nice name ! But then what do you do with the socks afterwards from all the sweat....and stuff that trickles down your...legs :confused: ?
    Leave them on. You don't always get sweat and other stuff on the socks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    :puke:
    I bet you don't trim your hairs, or get rid of any of your hairs for that matter

ReputationRep:
    It's either that or find a paper bag

(Original post by Bassetts)
    I bet you don't trim your hairs, or get rid of any of your hairs for that matter
    None of your business

(Original post by Bassetts)
    To my surprise I heard that having sex with the lights off at night is quite a common thing to do. Why would you do this? You can't see each other. Is it because the girl always has body hangups during sex? Or one of them find each other ugly? Please enlighten me
    How old are ya?

Nightlamp :cool:

I was kidding, haven't had sex. It'd be odd to be pitch black or broad daylight. Some lighting dim would do

ReputationRep:
    If I've specifically dressed up for my boyfriend (maid outfit, nurse, lingerie...) then we'll keep the lights on, often keeping the lights off means we can just shut everything else out that would impede us from focusing on the act, like visual distractions, insecurities etc.

It can heighten your senses and seeing light/shadows play on the contours of your significant other can look romantic and establish a mood..

Also, if you're having sex last thing before falling asleep why not turn the lights out first lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Now this is poetic :daydreaming:
    :rolleyes:

Oh well. You really are easy to emotionally touch, aren't you?

I'm all about the lights. Looking at the guy's face and how much he's enjoying it really enhances the experience for me! I can't understand why you'd want the lights off. (That being said, if the lights are really bright that can be a bit distracting.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Am I the only person who has never given the lighting any thought when having sex? If the lights are on, they're on, if they're off, that's that. I didn't realise people thought so deeply :curious:
    im with you on that one. I don't care either way

ReputationRep:
    It really spoils the mood for me when my partner just smirks and hit the light switch before coming to bed. Like, w tf? **** you, I already mentioned that I'm irritable in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    My first time was in the dark and it was f***ing ****.

Thankfully we were both drunk so we just tossed it off and forgot about it(no pun intended )
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    pfft the girl has body hang ups? all the times i had sex in the dark is because the guy wanted the light off!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.